Rassom vs Diamond?

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bring your lunch, you're going to get hungry setting it up, actually.....bring dinner too.
Thanks for the heads up. Imperial will be there filming, so I'm sure they will provide food and drinks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I am not gonna argue with you. I just said I was interested to play on it! the proof is in the way it plays.
:)

Trent

Ok, here's your proof. I installed a set of P59 cushions on a Diamond 9ft Professional, the rails were installed on a 9ft at the Bank Shot Billiards in Louisville, KY. They have John Brumback and Truman H playing their quite often, both hall of fame bank pool players. Within 2 weeks I got the word from Greg....to redo the rails AGAIN and install the Artemis cushions they use already as neither of those players liked the way the rails banked because they lost the ability to bank several shots due to how hard the cushions were....they both bank better than you do. No one wanted to play bank pool on that 9ft once they found out how it banked.

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Slate specs
b4989ccd17e4dfd49d41dec4111531ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, here's your proof. I installed a set of P59 cushions on a Diamond 9ft Professional, the rails were installed on a 9ft at the Bank Shot Billiards in Louisville, KY. They have John Brumback and Truman H playing their quite often, both hall of fame bank pool players. Within 2 weeks I got the word from Greg....to redo the rails AGAIN and install the Artemis cushions they use already as neither of those players liked the way the rails banked because they lost the ability to bank several shots due to how hard the cushions were....they both bank better than you do. No one wanted to play bank pool on that 9ft once they found out how it banked.

Don't Diamonds bank short compared to GG so if your using the Diamond system your banks are off or so I've been told

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Here is the spec sheet :

You're playing pool, it's your turn to shoot. You come to the table and the only shot available to make is the 3 ball cross side, but its overlapping angles with the cue ball so you have to shorten up the bank by about a half diamond if you expect to make the bank, neither ball is close the the rails. How would you bank the 3 ball cross side to your left into the side pocket????? The natural angle banking the 3 cross side puts it about a half diamond past the side pocket, so you must hold up/shorten up the bank in order to bank it into the side pocket, which is why the balls are overlapping angles.

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I’m going to have to jump in and second cobra here. I had a gold crown that had rebuilt rails, and I went with Kleber because of a discount on the rubber and I wanted to see what the hype was all about.

Despite warnings from Glen, I went with it anyways. First, he is right, banks that go on Artemis or even Brunswick superspeed won’t go with Kleber, because the rubber is a different consistency.
I played on that table for 2+ years and noticed during the winter, if it was cold in my basement, that rubber was like a rock...then I remembered that 3C tables are usually heated to make the rubber more responsive to multi rail shots.
Kleber is designed for a warm table....now if your table is in Florida or a TV table under hot lights, I don’t think you’ll have an issue. In fact the rubber might play more true. But if your table is in the north or in a colder climate, maybe a heater under the table will help.

To prove this to myself, i actually called up the factory rep and talked about the cushions and they confirmed it is the same process and rubber composition for the 59 profile cushions used on the pool tables as it is the 3C profile cushions for billiard tables.
This Is where the difference is. The Artemis stay soft even in colder temperatures, and as we all know, they get sometimes too soft under the warm lights of tv tables.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I’m going to have to jump in and second cobra here. I had a gold crown that had rebuilt rails, and I went with Kleber because of a discount on the rubber and I wanted to see what the hype was all about.

Despite warnings from Glen, I went with it anyways. First, he is right, banks that go on Artemis or even Brunswick superspeed won’t go with Kleber, because the rubber is a different consistency.
I played on that table for 2+ years and noticed during the winter, if it was cold in my basement, that rubber was like a rock...then I remembered that 3C tables are usually heated to make the rubber more responsive to multi rail shots.
Kleber is designed for a warm table....now if your table is in Florida or a TV table under hot lights, I don’t think you’ll have an issue. In fact the rubber might play more true. But if your table is in the north or in a colder climate, maybe a heater under the table will help.

To prove this to myself, i actually called up the factory rep and talked about the cushions and they confirmed it is the same process and rubber composition for the 59 profile cushions used on the pool tables as it is the 3C profile cushions for billiard tables.
This Is where the difference is. The Artemis stay soft even in colder temperatures, and as we all know, they get sometimes too soft under the warm lights of tv tables.

Even still, if a bank shot requires compressing the cushion in order to change the outgoing angle, it's almost impossible to compress those cushions. In playing 3C, the angles of the banks have to remain as close to the same whether the banks are made soft, or hard....soft cushions, BIGGER than pool balls, multiple banks on every shot requires cushion consistency, and that only comes by way of the highest density cushions.

Pool on the other hand, requires a series of near impossible shots in order to pocket balls when needed, and those shots are practiced, and mastered by those who shoot them, and that is done with the help of, and the understanding of how much changes to normal pathways of balls can be altered because of the softer "POOL" cushions.

When was the last time anyone saw a 3C player play a twist back, reverse angle bank shot, the length of the table into the corner of a billiards table????

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Of course Klematch is going to promote that their cushion will work on pool tables just fine, it's all about sales, not about which cushions play the best on a 9ft pool table!!!

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even still, if a bank shot requires compressing the cushion in order to change the outgoing angle, it's almost impossible to compress those cushions. In playing 3C, the angles of the banks have to remain as close to the same whether the banks are made soft, or hard....soft cushions, BIGGER than pool balls, multiple banks on every shot requires cushion consistency, and that only comes by way of the highest density cushions.

Pool on the other hand, requires a series of near impossible shots in order to pocket balls when needed, and those shots are practiced, and mastered by those who shoot them, and that is done with the help of, and the understanding of how much changes to normal pathways of balls can be altered because of the softer "POOL" cushions.

When was the last time anyone saw a 3C player play a twist back, reverse angle bank shot, the length of the table into the corner of a billiards table????

And what would happen if a billiard table wasn’t heated? Probably limit the amount of rails contacted in a shot. I swear I would try lay into a cue ball at break speed and could barely get 5 table lengths out of the shot with Kleber cushions. It was definitely less responsive than my diamond table.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
And what would happen if a billiard table wasn’t heated? Probably limit the amount of rails contacted in a shot. I swear I would try lay into a cue ball at break speed and could barely get 5 table lengths out of the shot with Kleber cushions. It was definitely less responsive than my diamond table.

When I use to build billiards tables for the Korean community around the Ft, Lewis WA area, they wanted Simonis 860 cloth, but they wanted the cushions heated so the banks were constantly the same as they were playing 4 ball billiards. So, when I built the rails, I ran low amp heater wires behind the cushions in the cavity of the cushion mold. The heater wires softened the cushions, tables played great, but every so many years we had to replace the cushions from the cooking effect caused by the heater wires.