Rasson vs Diamond Tables

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
They are good tables, but, LAST TIME CHECKED DIAMOND IS #1! No need for another competitor made in China, we already have the YALIN produced GC6... They are also trying to charge $1k more than Diamond. Their distribution is TERRIBLE. Their dealer "territories" are ridiculous and the most important part: Rasson has ZERO training programs to train mechanics to install their tables. Actually they have the real bottom of the barrel "installers" at most places that sell them, that is because their dealers are all selling the cheapest Chinese produced rasson tables on the market. I was trying to work with them, but, realized all of these things and CUT TIES VERY QUICKLY. IMO: The USA needs nothing more than Diamond at this point. Anyone who has real interest in them is a PRO and HAS to play on them in tournaments is the ONLY REASON THEY HAVE THEM..... Finally, being an aluminum frame and in a commercial setting, are all the bolts & screws going to rattle loose/ table start falling apart?????!!! Who knows, but, this guy aint taking the gamble! Stick with a Diamond or GC.....

TFT

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Just a side note: Rasson claims they sell 20,000 tables per year. I doubt Diamond or anyone else can match that.
they make 20k JUNK TABLES A YEAR! They surely are not cranking out that many Rasson commercial tables........ They make Imperial INT & DYNAMIC tables, sell slate to other factories, build parts and tables for other junk peddlers as well, like .

TFT

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Regardless, IMO, the only way they could overtake Diamond is to sponsor a big event like the DCC.

Lou Figueroa
why not?

DIAMOND HOSTS THE DCC< YOU THINK THEY WOULD ACCEPT THEIR BIGGEST COMPETITOR AS THE TABLE SPONSOR? I love ya Lou, but, come on! I think DIamond would then make some money on the tournament, but would be selling themselves out!
There is no room in USA for Rasson.
TFT

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I installed/recloth both tables and Rasson is pain in ass for table mechanics to put together. So many small screws and washers that it is not even funny. It takes hours to get them right. Also playability is not Diamond level. Pocket shelf is even deeper than Diamond and it is too much. Ball is hanging so deep it is impossible often even hit rail first... no joke. So you have to then always pocket those balls with direct hit with low english.
Also it wont keep it form level due odd decisions on design. Just my opinion as table mech.
They are otherwise nice tables but Diamond is superior quality over Rassons.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DIAMOND HOSTS THE DCC< YOU THINK THEY WOULD ACCEPT THEIR BIGGEST COMPETITOR AS THE TABLE SPONSOR? I love ya Lou, but, come on! I think DIamond would then make some money on the tournament, but would be selling themselves out!
There is no room in USA for Rasson.
TFT

ah, what I said, Trent, was: sponsor a big event like the DCC.

IOWs, a big pool tournament, somewhere in the US, that would offer folks a chance to play on their tables. Then maybe they would become more popular in the US.

Lou Figueroa

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
ah, what I said, Trent, was: sponsor a big event like the DCC.

IOWs, a big pool tournament, somewhere in the US, that would offer folks a chance to play on their tables. Then maybe they would become more popular in the US.

Lou Figueroa
AHHH, got you now Lou! I hope you are well and you are getting to play. I am not interested in seeing the Rasson at any USA events really. No need for them, everyone wants DIAMOND! :)

TFT

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doesn’t the Professional have some giant structural beams under the slate? Not sure if it’s wood or treated in some way. They are built like a tank. I can’t imagine wanting a table made from aluminum but each to their own.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Doesn’t the Professional have some giant structural beams under the slate? Not sure if it’s wood or treated in some way. They are built like a tank. I can’t imagine wanting a table made from aluminum but each to their own.
You are correct. I'll never move my table ever again...heavy as hell. During a tornado, I'll hide under my diamond for safety.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a billiard table wit 1.5"+ backed slate that sat on aluminum rails and it seemed like a real simple and effective construction.

Gilbertfan81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you look closely the company that makes Rasson has been making table parts for Brunswick for many years. The basically stole the best parts of both Brunswick and Diamond tables and incorporated then into their product. BTW who would support cheap Chinese labor over american jobs?

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond makes tables in Indiana, USA. They have a minimum of a six week back-order due to demand. As far as I know, they don‘t plan to ramp up production, so no, they are not likely to produce 20,000 American-made tables per year. The slate is outsourced, since there are not many quality slate quarries in the USA.
Side note 2: That’s one of Rasson’s big advantages—they own the slate quarry. In fact they provide the slate for lots of other manufacturers and that’s how they got into the table business. If they can churn out 20,000 tables a year they may overwhelm the market with sheer volume.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you look closely the company that makes Rasson has been making table parts for Brunswick for many years. The basically stole the best parts of both Brunswick and Diamond tables and incorporated then into their product. BTW who would support cheap Chinese labor over american jobs?
You sure about that? I know that B'wicks Asian partner has been Yalin for quite some time. Never heard of a Rasson connection.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They use TimberstrandLSL for the frame. Its a manufactured beam made from wood pieces and some form of epoxy. Strong as steel. They use it for beams/joists in the building trades also.