Remind me again why?

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the big reasons that people get turned off to pool is that the minute somebody gets good at the game, they try to rob money from every person who walks into a pool room just looking to have some fun, and, traditionally, the owners of rooms did nothing to stop this behavior.

Thus, young folks who may have stuck with the game, got tired of the hustles and just stop going to play. The game gets a bad name and rap, the corporate folks outside of pool run for the hills, and here we are all over again back to stage 1- happens every time that I can remember since 1967 when I started visiting rooms.

Now I know that golf has its share of gambling too- but when i started playing golf in the 1980s- NOT ONCE- in every visit to a golf course, did someone try to pull a hustle- not once in hundreds of trips to the course. Of course one may gamble among friends, etc. but there was never an outsider trying to get into your pocket- everyone was there just to enjoy the day- and the corporate sponsors come to golf in droves!

Pool misses the mark every time because it never had any long term vision for success and sustainability that was universally put into practice.

Brunswick had two big shots at it in 1961 and 1986 and both times they failed to do more than just promote their own equipment- Brunswick could have led much more in many areas related to sustainability of the game of pool. It may now take a European or Asian company to come here some day and do it right from the start- pool schools, well run rooms, education to the masses, etc. etc.
There is A VERY simple solution....dont gamble. It's not like they are pointing a gun to your testicles. Just say no, and the hustles go away.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Most corporation who spend money on Sponsorship have people who do research on potential return on money invested.

They sponsor what is good for companies bottom line, this is not corporate charity.

RKC should ask Rolex how come they sponsor most PGA EVENTS.

Back in day if yo got an Ace, you also got a Rolex.

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why can't this sport find ANY source of sponsorship OUTSIDE of this industry???

Is it really like everyone assumes, because pool has such a bad reputation?

OR, because there's no leadership or organization involved in the sport?

OR MAYBE, because those who feel they already control this sport worldwide, would actually LOSE that control by way of sponsors, organization, and LEADERSHIP taking OVER from them, leaving them completely out the door?

How much do advertisers spend each year?

It was calculated that the total advertising expenditure in North America in 2019 amounted to 253.6 billion U.S. dollars. Due to the impact of the coronavirus on the industry, the spending is expected to fall to 236 billion dollars in 2020, and rebound to 254 billion dollars by the end of 2022

How much money is spent on advertising globally?

Last year, global ad spending slipped 3.5% to $628 billion. For 2021, however, revenue will grow 24% in the U.K. and Brazil, 23% in China and 17% in the U.S., including political advertising.Jun 14, 2021
I thought you had a handle on this and were fixing pool's problems!!??

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why can't this sport find ANY source of sponsorship OUTSIDE of this industry???

Is it really like everyone assumes, because pool has such a bad reputation?

OR, because there's no leadership or organization involved in the sport?

OR MAYBE, because those who feel they already control this sport worldwide, would actually LOSE that control by way of sponsors, organization, and LEADERSHIP taking OVER from them, leaving them completely out the door?

How much do advertisers spend each year?

It was calculated that the total advertising expenditure in North America in 2019 amounted to 253.6 billion U.S. dollars. Due to the impact of the coronavirus on the industry, the spending is expected to fall to 236 billion dollars in 2020, and rebound to 254 billion dollars by the end of 2022

How much money is spent on advertising globally?

Last year, global ad spending slipped 3.5% to $628 billion. For 2021, however, revenue will grow 24% in the U.K. and Brazil, 23% in China and 17% in the U.S., including political advertising.Jun 14, 2021
I can't get too specific right now, but I know the answer. I'll give you a hint: pizza.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Cobra you make a lot of noise banking you keyboard but in all honesty. Results are not from talking, typing, or woofing s bid story.

Results are judge by accomplishment, so in a few simple words please point to you accomplishments.

BYW Having your name on a Can of Rubber Cement, or Adhesive, with Blue Dye is not an accomplishment.

Do YOU have YOUR name on a can of billiards adhesive??? I bet you don't have your NAME on shit!! My accomplishments are on in the market place, around the world! Where's yours???

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Cobra you make a lot of noise banking you keyboard but in all honesty. Results are not from talking, typing, or woofing s bid story.

Results are judge by accomplishment, so in a few simple words please point to you accomplishments.

BYW Having your name on a Can of Rubber Cement, or Adhesive, with Blue Dye is not an accomplishment.

If YOU don't know any of my accomplishments, why do I need to explain them to YOU? You're nobody!!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Do YOU have YOUR name on a can of billiards adhesive??? I bet you don't have your NAME on shit!! My accomplishments are on in the market place, around the world! Where's yours???

So that is your great accomplishment for Pool, your name on can of Dyed Blue Rubber Cement wahoo.

Hope you have nice royalty income stream. Hope.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
If YOU don't know any of my accomplishments, why do I need to explain them to YOU? You're nobody!!

Well I am sure their are other nobody’s who also wonder what I asked.

Rather then reply, you call names, maybe you are just talk. No accomplishments.😪 Just Pool table recover guy, like 3-4 doing same thing. Except in Arizona.😎