Remind me again why?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Lol such a petulant little child. You are nothing more than an overgrown blowhard man child.
You know what, you argued with me over my glue as well, wanting to go around me to buy it because you didn't believe I owned the rights to it, had to prove you wrong back then as well. Keep up the arguing, but keep your head on straight, hate to see you lose it and hurt yourself, you sound a little unstable!!

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know what, you argued with me over my glue as well, wanting to go around me to buy it because you didn't believe I owned the rights to it, had to prove you wrong back then as well. Keep up the arguing, but keep your head on straight, hate to see you lose it and hurt yourself, you sound a little unstable!!
Wrong person, nice try with the slander though.

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrong person, nice try with the slander though

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That's the difference, I post proof, and you just toss accusations with no proof whatsoever. Because it never happened. I could give a rat's fat ass about your glue.
Sure you post proof, proof without facts is no proof at all. Truth is nothing but your opinion when you can twist it and turn it anyway you want! Good night!

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
My thoughts that I have shared before: I would like to see the "ufc" approach. When I first started watching ufc in 1993, it was only LEGAL in a handful of states. Now it is a billion dollar company with multiple airings weekly on ESPN prime time.

How did they get there? I agree there needs to be ONE controlling organization, with a vocal and visible President ala Dana White, with some industry muscle in the background like the fertita brothers were for ufc.

Put the idea of a tour on hold, for now. Instead focus all marketing on 18-45 year old males. Then find that elusive, edgy TV station willing to take a chance on some reality programming.

Bring 20 of the young, talented pros together and stick them in a mansion in Vegas. Plenty of free alcohol. Two coaches...I would likely go with JJ vs. Earl...they have history.

Each week the winning coach chooses a game and match up. The editing is key, as each match has to LOOK epic on tv. You need a good producer who can really highlight the real life struggles of these players holding on to a fading way of life on the road, chasing a dollar in a pool hall.

The more fights, trash talk, broken cues, etc., the better. People love watching train wrecks.

It all culminates with live semifinal and final matches from Ceasars in Vegas. Maybe get Joe Rogan to do a live podcast from the arena...also maybe he could get some of his celebrity friends to show up so that at random times throughout the broadcast, the camera can focus on a celeb and their date out enjoying a night of pro pool.

The winner gets a championship belt, a guaranteed 6 figure contract, and sits atop the challenge pyramid where once a month pyramid challenges take place on ppv.

Build the sport and brand around the characters...the athletes...not the game itself. When the sponsorship money from dogecoin, monster energy, and RKC Blue adhesive starts rolling in, then you branch out and look at tours and such...

Alright...there's the winning formula. Ima be pi$$Ed if one of you rascals steal my idea without cutting me in on it :)
If our choices are: a)the current state of organized pool and b) the reality TV version you describe, I will pick option a).

I'm not even saying it wouldn't work but if we can't aim higher than the lowest form of entertainment then we should just accept today's state of affairs.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who's the organization body and leadership representation of this sport in the United States??? How about in Canada or Mexico?
Absolutely a factor and you couple that with what and how it is sold.

It is sold basically on a per-event basis.
It is sold by each specific event's organizer.
The agreement between the parties usually originates and expires near the event date.