Remind me again why?

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nuthin's that dumb.
At least those folks are arguing somewhat from a position of knowledge. They at least know what works for them and try to persuade folks their system is correct. This blow hard has been preaching the same bullshit and insults for years now with no results all the while trying to fix a problem that doesn’t even affect him.

Can you imagine a potential investor pulling some of these threads and reading this crap? Dude needs to just cover the tables and shut up.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a shit show. I've just added several people to my list of fluking retards. Why do you IDIOTS even respond? Glen threw out a shiny lure and you all bit like a big dumb bass.

And to magnatardo..... you certainly picked the correct screen name. Shame on all of you for being so stupid. You have all been hustled.
Beat me to it. There are a bunch of WMB's (Whiney Man Bitches) on this site. Good lord, the childish bickering could give my buddy's 2nd Grade Class a run for its money.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At least those folks are arguing somewhat from a position of knowledge. They at least know what works for them and try to persuade folks their system is correct. This blow hard has been preaching the same bullshit and insults for years now with no results all the while trying to fix a problem that doesn’t even affect him.

Can you imagine a potential investor pulling some of these threads and reading this crap? Dude needs to just cover the tables and shut up.
You don't get it do you? It's not just his behavior that any potential investors we'll be looking at.

Glen has a lot of knowledge and passion about the billiard industry. But his passion ends up blinding his vision. Lacking in people skills to say the least. But, I myself somewhat fall into that category also.

Last edited:

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We should all be taking a good hard look at the American Cornhole League (ACL). Their business model is working great. They control the equipment, pro status qualifications, the rules, the leagues, the weekly blind draw games, the national events, the pro tour, the ESPN footage, the video on demand footage, etc.

Cornhole was nothing more than a backyard cookout game 10 years ago. Now it's on TV all of the time with major sponsors like Pit Boss Grills.

Every tour stop is loaded full of different formats which attract all types of players, pro and amateur. They have Pro, Advanced, Competitive, and Social divisions. Each division has several formats (singles, doubles, 4 player teams, co-ed, mens, womens, seniors, blind draw partner doubles, etc.). Each tour stop takes almost a full week to complete.

They have weekly local leagues, monthly regional tournaments, monthly national tournaments, national championships, world championships, and then a bunch of small weekly blind draw tournaments. All sanctioned by the ACL which tracks your results online and gives you points for how well you finish, on top of the tournament cash.

In order to be a pro, and complete in pro events, you need to score a certain amount of points throughout the previous season for pro qualification. If you don't perform well enough, you can enter an annual pro qualifier singles tournament which is run similar to derby city classic where you get randomly paired up with opponents the field keeps getting narrowed down until there are 32 people left who all qualify.

All tournaments entries, payouts, registration, tournament listings are done electronically through the ACL's website/phone app.

I can go on and on but this getting long so I'll stop.

It's still not lucrative enough for the pros to quit their jobs and play full time but it's come a long way and the payouts are getting better every year.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you noticed that a lot of the players have really good tans, like they spend time in the sunshine? Sunshine....or smoke filled dungeon??? Easy call! Plus, have you noticed that some of the girls have REALLY-REALLY good tans?

As an organization, I wonder how Cornhole (ACL) keeps such a clean image. I wonder how they cull out their bullies and pathological liars, thieves and swindlers.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you noticed that a lot of the players have really good tans, like they spend time in the sunshine? Sunshine....or smoke filled dungeon??? Easy call! Plus, have you noticed that some of the girls have REALLY-REALLY good tans?

As an organization, I wonder how Cornhole (ACL) keeps such a clean image. I wonder how they cull out their bullies and pathological liars, thieves and swindlers.
Maybe they ignore them and do not engage them in petty arguments on a public forum for the betterment of their sport. No fuel, no fire.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you live in a fantasy world?
I've been privy to some of the specifics and there is a possibility it could happen. I'm not an RKC fanboy and looked at everything at face value with no bias and it has a shot. A few planets have to align but it is feasible and could happen.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best way to deal with it is to eradicate it.
Communism much? Everyone has the right to free speech. Everyone also has a choice whether or not to engage said speech. If one chooses to engage, they become part of the problem, not the solution.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Communism much? Everyone has the right to free speech. Everyone also has a choice whether or not to engage said speech. If one chooses to engage, they become part of the problem, not the solution.
Glenn should not be able to come onto the forum and break all of the rules and get away with it. That is NOT free speech.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lying, bullying, stealing, backstabbing, threats, pathological behavior is unacceptable. If you want to clean up a shit hole, you get rid of the shit. No half measures! No pastels, no grey.

fishless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Glenn should not be able to come onto the forum and break all of the rules and get away with it. That is NOT free speech.
Glenn's online presence is not surprising (anymore) what is surprising is people coming to his defence and trying to spread equal blame.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
We should all be taking a good hard look at the American Cornhole League (ACL). Their business model is working great. They control the equipment, pro status qualifications, the rules, the leagues, the weekly blind draw games, the national events, the pro tour, the ESPN footage, the video on demand footage, etc.

Cornhole was nothing more than a backyard cookout game 10 years ago. Now it's on TV all of the time with major sponsors like Pit Boss Grills.
The game is so stupid, it must just might work. The game itself is around $100 to buy. people can haul them anywhere they like. It's easy to for a 5 year old and a 90 year old to play together. And everyone in between. As it grows, watch the sponsors come out of the wood work.

I see it on ESPN more often then I see pool and that will only continue to grow. I'd rather watch paint dry then watch a CH game, but that's just me. Obviously folks like it. They have CH in a pool hall I that play in and also have CH tourneys while the pool tables sit empty.

I've been playing leagues and local and state tourneys for the last 20 years? My wife has still never seen my shoot in either one. not once.

Folks don't get it, simple as that. And she likes sports, played HS basketball, watches pro baseball, football and hockey, go figure. Granted, she won't watch cornhole, but she would watch it before she watched pool.