Is anyone using players cues?
Or had use them before?

Can you guys let me know how is it?

Need some help.

Last edited:

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Players cues are cheap Asian production cues but they play as well as anything. Players' quality is vastly improved, they have a lot designs, and have a lifetime warranty against warpage. Resale is poor but you don't spend that much to start with, so who cares. I give them thumbs up. :thumbup:

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Listen, these cues use good maple shafts. They don't cost enough to even have to worry about loosing money on.

I have used them in the past. Now I personally like a cue with a much longer taper. As much as 22 inches. The joints (last I knew) were 5/16sX18. Very common. Shafts are available with that thread on ebay for 30 or 40 bucks.

I take a shaft, taper it back with a drill and some sandpaper, and put on the tip of choice. They play just fine. Weights are easily changed also last I knew.

They play fine just the way they are too. How can you go wrong?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not used their regular series, but I love their HXT low deflection line. My son used one to win the 14 and under MA state championship and I have a Players HXT shaft on my $1,000 custom cue, I find it plays and feels closer to a good regular shaft than the Predator or OB shafts. And you can get them in two different types, the regular 12.75 model and a 11.75 (I think it's that) model with a short ferrule that has even less deflection.

For about the $150 you can spend on the priciest HXT cue, it's a great bargain. I know a guy that bought an HXT model cue and resold it used for $50 MORE than what he paid for it :thumbup:

IMHO, the Players HXT is the best bargain in cues you can get. Good shaft, pretty good build quality, classy looks, and a $25 Kamui tip included in the price, can't beat that.

Last edited:

Thunderball

Auto rep for belly laughs
Silver Member
Lots of doggers on this forum (not so far in this thread) but I owned one picked up by the mrs at a yard sale (case, cue, accessories) for a ten spot.

I can't speak for those who have had a bad one, but that damn thing hit great.

Had many an offer and it looked kinda frilly...ya know...sparkly..but when folks hit a few, they loved it.

Mine is as small a sample size as you will ever see...just saying ...but THAT cue hit f'n sweet.

That was maybe 8 years ago or so.

If I'm stretching coin, but wanna take a swing at a regular player, I suggest it based on my limited experience.

Like mentioned above, it's not much cash considering.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was my first LD shaft and cue I bought when I started playing American Pool.
For the price range you can't find a better cue. $100-150 for the HXT line is an absolute bargain. They come with a Kamui M or S, I can't quite remember so the tip alone takes up a quarter of the price of a full cue. I would suggest for anyone that buys one to use a tip pad on them, in particular a carbon fibre pad. It just adds to the feel. 12.75mm is the standard tip size with a pro taper. They are nicely balanced, not too far back, not too far forward. 5/16x18 pin with a piloted joint steel joint.

I'm guessing you are wanting to buy one because you want a cheap LD cue. The cues squirt quite a lot with parallel english. With back hand english you have to bridge quite close to the CB, which I don't like. I much prefer to bridge around 12-15 inches. With a mixture of the two previous methods you can use a "normal" bridge length, but again it was too much messing around for my liking. So I just played by feel when using english and used my judgment as a guide. After a couple weeks with the cue you'd be able to do the same, maybe even after a days use depending on how quick you learn the cues deflection.

It doesn't feel like a low deflection cue so much though. A nice mixture of regular squirt cue and LD cue. I like that Players have chosen to go with not reducing the feel of their cues whilst offering a little in the way of squirt reduction.

So if you don't care for feel but want the least reduction go with a Z2 or 314. If you care for feel but don't want a high squirt cue go with Players.

sjb

evolving player
Silver Member
I picked up a Players sneaky for $59, to leave at the neighborhood bar I frequent, since the bar has such crappy house cues. Once I got a good hard Triangle tip on it, and cut the weight bolt down to get it to the weight I liked, it plays about as good as I could ask. And I don't worry about what happens to it. I've forgotten several times to put it away at the bar when I leave, and it's always still been there, right in the wall rack with the house cues, when I came in next time.

Thunderball

Auto rep for belly laughs
Silver Member
Wow thanks guys!

Many welcomes.

Since no one has bothered to dog em, I will share that end of it.

Some play great, others like mashed potatoes.
Quality can be great, iffy, or sub par.

You are indeed buying a production cue made in Asia.

Your dice, Your roll...ya know?

Meant to add, if you come across one that you can hit balls with before purchase and like it, go nuts. Off the shelf, hope for the best.
My only point was and is "the best" hits great.

GL

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
I bought a Sneaky pete Players off a guy for $25 a few years ago, had my repairman take off the plastic ferrule and put on a good fiber one with a Triangle tip, great break and playing cue, good feel and nice solid hit.:grin-square:

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the Players sneaky pete is a great cue for the bucks.

In my hometown, the local pool repair guy did a "tuneup" replacing ferrelle,
tip, etc.

It hit great!

Ken Strain

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like you have a new cue :grin:

There is a Marketplace link on the top of the forums, help out the side while you shop :thumbup: It goes to Seyberts where I got my shaft (you can also customize the diameter though them there), my son's HXT 10E cue and one for a friend (the one he sold used for a profit LOL ).

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I bought a Players HXTE10 two years ago when I began playing. It's a great cue. I recently replaced it with an OB121 because I discovered that I really like a wrapless cue. The HXTE10 and the OB121 play very much the same except I like the Kamui Black soft tip on the Players. I think I might switch out the tip on the OB121.

I hadn't thought about selling it, but PM me if you want to buy it. Probably around $100.

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
hi faith...

one of our azb'ers mentioned the players hxt line about a year+ ago and how much he thought of it. and also that the prices were very inexpensive. so on a lark i bought one similar to his and it was only about $105 or so including shipping - how could i go wrong? it was the HXT4 wrapless

long story short -
it is a really great cue!
at an unbelievably low price!
imho

all the best,
smokey