Ring game tournament

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOW! In less than a week we have over 40 sign ups. We should have gotten a bigger room.

MorenoAfx

Registered
WOW! In less than a week we have over 40 sign ups. We should have gotten a bigger room.
1. Scott White
2. Steven Maxwell
3. Brian Parks
4. Pedro Garcia
5. Austin Fannin
6. Fach Garcia
7. Keith Valet
8. Ramin
9. Kent Davis
10. MaryAnn Starkey
11. Dexter Real
12. Chris Carroll
13. Jeremy long
14. Mike Urbanski
15. Jonathan Balan
16. Joel Chin Jr.
17. Scott Doucette ...paid
18. Vicki wade
19. Little Eddie
20. James Harris
21. Joe spinelli
22. Gary Sharpe
23. Mark Whitehead
24. Roger Tafoya
25. Abe lim
26. Steve Chaplin
27. Evan Edwards
28. Keith O'Donnel ...paid
29. Paul Ewing
30. Daniel Busch
31. Francisco Fonseca
32. Melissa shahbazi
33. Jerry sterr
34. Phillip Buenrostro
35. Ernie Espinosa
36. Miguel Pacheco
37. Rigorous Pena
38. Frank Rice
39. Aerial Carmelli
40. Reid Fleming
41. Art Breceda
42. Greg Ramirez
43. Zay Smith
44. Lory De Leon ...paid
45. Don McClelland
46. Rhino Lay
47. Paul Joko

MorenoAfx

Registered
1. Scott White
2. Steven Maxwell
3. Brian Parks
4. Pedro Garcia
5. Austin Fannin
6. Fach Garcia
7. Keith Valet
8. Ramin*
9. Kent Davis
10. MaryAnn Starkey
11. Dexter Real
12. Chris Carroll
13. Jeremy long
14. Mike Urbanski
15. Jonathan Balan*
16. Joel Chin Jr.
17. Scott Doucette ...paid
18. Vicki wade*
19. Little Eddie
20. James Harris*
21. Joe*spinelli
22.*Gary Sharpe
23. Mark Whitehead
24. Roger Tafoya
25. Abe lim*
26. Steve Chaplin*
27. Evan Edwards*
28. Keith O'Donnel ...paid*
29. Paul Ewing
30. Daniel Busch
31.*Francisco Fonseca
32.*Melissa shahbazi*
33. Jerry sterr
34. Phillip Buenrostro
35. Ernie Espinosa*
36. Miguel Pacheco*
37. Rigorous Pena
38. Frank Rice
39. Aerial Carmelli
40.*Reid Fleming
41. Art Breceda
42. Greg Ramirez*
43. Zay Smith*
44. Lory De Leon ...paid
45.*Don McClelland
46.*Rhino Lay*
47.*Paul Joko
48. Chris Wedekind*

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I see the typical rule that if a player fails to make a good hit then the incoming player may pass the shot back to the fouling player. I have been advocating that the incoming player can pass the shot forward and if all players pass then the fouling player must take the shot. I haven't been very successful in getting acceptance of that rule but I believe it is more fair and can possibly prevent collusion.

Don

After all the controversy at the Shooters ring games this seemed to be the consensus as well. Solves some of the problems.

Dan Tull's big money ring game tournaments were some of the most fun events I have ever seen. Hope the format catches on. Lot of moving parts to keep straight but they are great to watch.

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Good luck with the event, but events like this (no pros) contribute to all the ills of competitive play.

As always there is no definitive pro or non-pro, but the biggest issue is the punishment/banishment of good pool players. Why would anyone want to get to a high level...

Don Owen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Passing forward rather than back

After all the controversy at the Shooters ring games this seemed to be the consensus as well. Solves some of the problems.

Dan Tull's big money ring game tournaments were some of the most fun events I have ever seen. Hope the format catches on. Lot of moving parts to keep straight but they are great to watch.

Justin,

You're right, great spectator pool.

I witnessed one of the controversies. I think passing the shot forward rather than back, especially when there are only three players, is likely more fair.

Don

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck with the event, but events like this (no pros) contribute to all the ills of competitive play.

As always there is no definitive pro or non-pro, but the biggest issue is the punishment/banishment of good pool players. Why would anyone want to get to a high level...

Corey, this is somewhat of a test tournament. If everything goes as planed we intent on having one at maybe the Hard Times with a smaller field of 36 and added money with a larger entry fee and open to all player like yourself.

i4pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Frank, PayPal payment sent couple days ago. Looking forward to the event. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk