RIP Jointed Cue

fretbro6

Just put the violations on the door and let the people decide whether or not they want to go inside! Is it that hard, difficult, or dangerous? Use the daggone pool hall at your own daggone risk!!! Otherwise it’s up to the people to decide. Why do we need to be protected from using our own judgment, especially if we’re informed of some draconian code violation?

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Wasn't it Jimmy Hoffa that got brought down on wire fraud and tax evasion?

By any means necessary.. this guy needs to burn.

Jimmy Hoffa was murdered. Apparently his killers didn't have time for the "legal" route.

No, not by any means necessary. THAT idea is THE problem and causes 99% of the unnecessary problems in the world. I understand the desire to fug with this guy to pay him back to get even, but if not done in by moral means, then what difference is there between us and him?

Jeff Livingston

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just put the violations on the door and let the people decide whether or not they want to go inside! Is it that hard, difficult, or dangerous? Use the daggone pool hall at your own daggone risk!!! Otherwise it’s up to the people to decide. Why do we need to be protected from using our own judgment, especially if we’re informed of some draconian code violation?

You aren't a 'protected class' so it isnt for you.

Neither the law, nor the accommodations.accommodations

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Seperate but equall? No sir that does not fly.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member

Up to the people to decide????...the people....who are...people???????

Why, sir, that would be....anarchy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much better to let the angels, who became angels merely by being elected (no studies done on this phenom, yet), decide for everyone and everything and everywhere! After all, the chase for Utopia can be only a mystical thing, a govt thing....free markets are never Utopian, but are always becoming more efficacious due to selfish individuals each satisfying himself by the market.

But, I bet YOU know all of this. :cool:

Jeff Livingston

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Up to the people to decide????...the people....who are...people???????

Why, sir, that would be....anarchy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much better to let the angels, who became angels merely by being elected (no studies done on this phenom, yet), decide for everyone and everything and everywhere! After all, the chase for Utopia can be only a mystical thing, a govt thing....free markets are never Utopian, but are always becoming more efficacious due to selfish individuals each satisfying himself by the market.

But, I bet YOU know all of this. :cool:

Jeff Livingston

Yes, I want the average, self concerned American citizen making major societal decisions for me (and you and him and her).

That is sarcasm. Perhaps only outweighed by the insanity of the concept.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jimmy Hoffa was murdered. Apparently his killers didn't have time for the "legal" route.
No, not by any means necessary. THAT idea is THE problem and causes 99% of the unnecessary problems in the world. I understand the desire to fug with this guy to pay him back to get even, but if not done in by moral means, then what difference is there between us and him?
Jeff Livingston

Yeah, got my mobsters mixed up... I'll do research next time.

You're taking it literally... but I stand by what I said, if this serial lawsuit asshat put your business in jeopardy, you'd feel a little different. Morals?.. it started with a guy that doesn't play by any, ruining people's businesses for personal gain, so he needs to be put away, ricky-tic.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You're taking it literally... but I stand by what I said, if this serial lawsuit asshat put your business in jeopardy, you'd feel a little different. Morals?.. it started with a guy that doesn't play by any, ruining people's businesses for personal gain, so he needs to be put away, ricky-tic.

But not everybody has the same morals. And not everybody exhibits the same level of moral behavior across all scenarios.

I hate that scott johnson slimeball vulture fukhead as much as anyone, but it does appear he is the one whose behavior is in compliance with the law.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member

I've had my share of being screwed by such humanoids.

There are various ways of dealing with such humanoids, and I've used a few of those, so I hear ya.

My point is the same as always: bad means don't give good ends for long.

Jeff Livingston

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've had my share of being screwed by such humanoids.

There are various ways of dealing with such humanoids, and I've used a few of those, so I hear ya.

My point is the same as always: bad means don't give good ends for long.

Jeff Livingston

I'm proud that my case against the same type of predators basically put them out of business after they lost. Other small businesses started to fight them in court and referred to our case as a precedent, and it worked!

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I'm proud that my case against the same type of predators basically put them out of business after they lost. Other small businesses started to fight them in court and referred to our case as a precedent, and it worked!

Nice job. It takes a while, but goodness usually wins in the long run, or else we'd all be dead by now.

Jeff Livingston

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Something that gets lost in the mix is that this guy is a quadriplegic, so he is relying on everyone else around him to serve as ambassadors of evil and carry out his BS work.

The problem will always exist that things cost more to fix post than before.
This is worth a fight, and I wish that they wouldn't' give up. Although the pool community has been watered down quite a bit from gofundme campaigns, this is one that keeps a lot of people happy for quite a long time.

Places for people to go every day and socialize.

He has not tried one case yet, and doesn't want to.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Or people reproduce at a greater rate than the murder, no?

Part of that goodness I talked about.

EDIT Let me reiterates something here...When I talk about trade and value production working with others, and all the other market dynamics, I am not talking just about money and finance. I'm talking about ANY VALUE that humans hold and the sharing, trading, giving away, destruction of those. That includes what I consider the most important of all values: love. As any force-backed entity takes over property and power, love is one of the first casualties, being replaced by suspicion, fear, frustration, loneliness, want, as the environment surrounding ones life becomes less human and more wild, more chaotic.

Reproducing is one such value, with all of its consequences, with all of its feelings.

Life ain't just about the next dollar.

Jeff Livingston

Last edited:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Something that gets lost in the mix is that this guy is a quadriplegic, so he is relying on everyone else around him to serve as ambassadors of evil and carry out his BS work.

The problem will always exist that things cost more to fix post than before.
This is worth a fight, and I wish that they wouldn't' give up. Although the pool community has been watered down quite a bit from gofundme campaigns, this is one that keeps a lot of people happy for quite a long time.

Places for people to go every day and socialize.

He has not tried one case yet, and doesn't want to.

Para, not quad, from what I read. He can use his arms. Based on the chair he's using, he can't or won't push, though, so his arms might not have much power.

I didn't read how it happened. Does anyone know that?

Jeff Livingston

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish a non disabled person could apply for work as one of those stooges and then sue for not getting the job.

Or perhaps a disabled person could get hurt on a mission and hit him up for workers comp. lifetime benefits are expensive!

Of course, the above aren't going to happen, as the stooges surely aren't considered 'employees'.

That said (am not too familiar with ca workers comp, but...) I think that if an agreement for work occurs in the state and the work is performed in the state, ca wcomp can be applied.

peterpau

Registered
Back in the old days (1960s) pool room owners would turn their rooms into private clubs and issue free membership cards and get around this kind of bullshit. like in those days rooms were required to close at midnight but a club could stay open all night. Maybe something could be done by having a private club???