Robocop REPEATS!

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis Orcollo repeats as the US Open 1-Pocket Champion defeating SVB 5-3 in the finals.

I believe Dennis is the first person to successfully defend their US Open 1-pocket title (please post correction if he is not).

Dennis went undefeated in his defense of the title, knocking SVB to the 1-loss side earlier in the tournament.

Congrats! on a historic win! :thumbup:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is a lot of mutual respect between Shane and Dennis, both consider each other among their toughest opponents. After the match Dennis says to me, "Shane is so hard to beat. He plays good all the time. I'm worried when I play him!"

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol - I might be a little concerned playing either of those guys too!

There is a lot of mutual respect between Shane and Dennis, both consider each other among their toughest opponents. After the match Dennis says to me, "Shane is so hard to beat. He plays good all the time. I'm worried when I play him!"

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yeah Dennis' resume in the last month and a half alone consists of this:

1st place TAR 38 over Darren Appleton
1st place Derby City Banks
4th place Derby City One Pocket
4th place Derby City 9-ball
1st place Derby City 14.1 Challenge
1st place Derby City Master of the table
1st place Jay Swanson Memorial
1st place US Open 1-pocket

This guy plays pretty good!

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis Orcollo repeats as the US Open 1-Pocket Champion defeating SVB 5-3 in the finals.

I believe Dennis is the first person to successfully defend their US Open 1-pocket title (please post correction if he is not).

Dennis went undefeated in his defense of the title, knocking SVB to the 1-loss side earlier in the tournament.

Congrats! on a historic win! :thumbup:

Can we watch re-run for SVB-Dennis match? i missed it, maybe because they did not have obvious ad on main AZB page, and Mike, Earl match was on!

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can we watch re-run for SVB-Dennis match? i missed it, maybe because they did not have obvious ad on main AZB page, and Mike, Earl match was on!

Not "right away" but I am pretty sure Justin will put the event on the TAR homepage. Naji, If he says different let us know.

It was "ok" 1 pkt ... not great... everyone appeared tired in the matches shown..

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not "right away" but I am pretty sure Justin will put the event on the TAR homepage. Naji, If he says different let us know.

It was "ok" 1 pkt ... not great... everyone appeared tired in the matches shown..

Thanks much,

darren_simion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the others?

His 'original' nickname back in the Philippines is "Surigao". Its the name of the town he came from. Thats usually how pool players get their nicknames here. Alcano's original nickname was "Calamba" since he hails from Calamba, Laguna.

CJRackley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't that the match where Scott Frost was losing his mind in the announcers booth because both of them (SVB & Dennis) were playing poorly? if so, I saw the first 3 games and SVB had a few solid opportunities to win some of his losses imo. People have suggested that Dennis is in his head a little, but it could have just as easily been fatigue.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dennis needs to play someone 1p for $ and have it streamed.

wheres frosty?

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
His 'original' nickname back in the Philippines is "Surigao". Its the name of the town he came from. Thats usually how pool players get their nicknames here. Alcano's original nickname was "Calamba" since he hails from Calamba, Laguna.

Thanks.

Speaking of Alcano... haven't seen much of him lately.