Ronnie O'Sullivan

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ronnie O'Sullivan on Ray Reardon | Welsh Open 2021 Pre-Final Interview :​

WELSH OPEN 2021 - 'I CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S PLAYED THAT!' – RONNIE O'SULLIVAN SHOT STUNS COMMENTATORS :​

Ronnie O’Sullivan may have lost the Welsh Open final but he secured another shot for his highlights reel with a brilliant blue in the penultimate frame. Joe Johnson on Eurosport commentary duty was stunned. :
https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...f-corner-by-o-sullivan_vid1436428/video.shtml

Welsh Open 2021 - I can't believe he's played that! - Ronnie O'Sullivan shot stuns punter : Watch from 8m-10m in the Welsh Open 2021 Final and explain to AzBilliards why smashing into the balls from a snooker was the correct shot :

I somehow don't think Ray Reardon took Ronnie O'Sullivan aside and advised him to smash all the balls to oblivion but that tacit did work against Mark Selby at last years Semi Finals of The World Snooker Championships 2020 .

Nobody know what goes on in Ronnie O'Sullivans head and what shot he will play next but maybe he should use this as his new Walk On Song :

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ronnie O’Sullivan on snooker schedule: ‘It’s like one continuous tournament’ :​

https://snookerhq.com/2021/02/24/ro...-schedule-its-like-one-continuous-tournament/

PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP 2021: 'I HOPE I HAVEN'T UPSET DING' – RONNIE O'SULLIVAN SORRY FOR REST RAGE​

World champion Ronnie O'Sullivan recovered from a bout of rest rage to complete a battling 6-5 win over Ding Junhui in the first round of the Players Championship in Milton Keynes. O'Sullivan missed a green off its spot before throwing the rest to the ground in frustration needing only to clear to the black for a 6-4 win, but a closing 95 saw him eke out a 6-5 victory to reach the last eight. :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...an-sorry-for-rest-rage_sto8145981/story.shtml

PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP 2021: 'IT'S LIKE HAVING 30 KIDS' – RONNIE O'SULLIVAN ON SNOOKER GROUNDHOG DAY​

Ronnie O'Sullivan admits the hectic nature of the World Snooker Tour schedule has left him baffled as he returned to action at the Players Championship only two days after losing 9-8 to Jordan Brown in the Welsh Open final at Celtic Manor. O'Sullivan completed a 6-5 win over Ding Junhui in Milton Keynes, but feels like is playing one long tournament in the coronavirus-hit campaign. :​

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really hard to sympathize with a guy who plays a game for a living complaing about getting to work. If the pressure is too much take a week off.

P.S. I am huge fan but.....

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIP 2021: WILL RONNIE O'SULLIVAN AND JUDD TRUMP MEET IN WORLD FINAL?​

World champion Ronnie O'Sullivan and world number one Judd Trump could meet in the Crucible final with all top 16 seeds for the event already confirmed. O'Sullivan is top seed and will open the event on Saturday 17 April at 10am (LIVE on Eurosport) with 2019 winner Trump in the other half of the draw as number two seed. It means the duo are seeded to meet in the best-of-35 frame final on 2/3 May. :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...mp-meet-in-world-final_sto8190542/story.shtml

Oddschecker : https://www.oddschecker.com/snooker/world-championship :

World Championship Betting Odds​

World Championship 2021 WinnerView all oddsView all odds

Price BoostView all oddsView all odds

Judd Trump Specials Player v The FieldView all oddsView all odds

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

RONNIE O'SULLIVAN LATEST SNOOKER NEWS - THE ROCKET TARGETING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WIN AT THE CRUCIBLE​

Ronnie O'Sullivan is targeting his seventh World Championship title in 2021 and will be defending his title at the famous Crucible Theatre. The Rocket claimed a very memorable triumph in Sheffield in 2020 and will be looking to equal Stephen Hendry's record tally of world crowns this time around. Can O'Sullivan come out on top yet again? :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...ip-win-at-the-crucible_sto8192707/story.shtml

O'Sullivan , White , Hendry , Williams and Hearn all in the headline news on a Snooker forum in 2021 , you couldn't make it up if you tried ! :cool:;) (y)

Oddschecker : https://www.oddschecker.com/snooker/world-championship :

World Championship Betting Odds :​

World Championship 2021 WinnerView all oddsView all odds

Price BoostView all oddsView all odds

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie O’Sullivan: The only reason I don’t like snooker

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/21/ronn...Js3qGMiXMQqLrop1-8YnNJsabfy9cn_N4?ito=cbshare

Ronnie O’Sullivan says he has just one complaint with snooker, although it is a substantial one, as it is the lifestyle that goes with being a professional player. The Rocket is at the World Snooker Championship this year trying to defend his title and lift the famous trophy for a record-equalling seventh time. While the 45-year-old would enjoy that experience and still gets a kick out of playing the game, he remains at odds with much that being a professional entails. The sport may have provided him with nearly £12m in prize money over his career, but O’Sullivan looks to other more glamorous endeavours and cannot help but feel a pang of jealousy.

‘Someone said to me, what is it with you and snooker?’ O’Sullivan told Metro.co.uk. ‘The only reason I don’t like snooker is because of the lifestyle. ‘If I was a golfer, I’d love golf because the lifestyle is great. Beautiful courses, nice hotel, offered great food. It’s like Formula One, tennis…the sport becomes the least important part of the job. ‘I could quite happily not play snooker forever, I might miss it a bit but I’ve got a lot of things I can fill my time with. With snooker I just don’t enjoy the lifestyle of a snooker player. ‘Some of the places we play in now are a lot different from what we used to play in. It used to be more like golf in great venues every tournament, you used to enjoy going to the venue and the hospitality side of it. ‘Now you’re lucky to get a cup of tea or a sandwich from Marks’ so I don’t enjoy that lifestyle. I like good food, being in a nice place, that’s just me. ‘It’s not snooker I don’t like…it’s qualifiers in Barnsley and places like that. I’d much rather go do a qualifier at Augusta or Wimbledon, but I suppose that’s just the sport we’re in.

‘It’s a bit like darts, it’s not a high-end sport. You have to try and make it as comfortable and enjoyable as I can, good hotels, travel well. That’s why you don’t see me around the venue much or hang around with the snooker guys, they’re happy to have a burger and chips from the cafe, I’m not. I want to create a very good environment everywhere I go or I can’t do it.’ O’Sullivan has been especially down on the surroundings he has encountered this season as they have been almost exclusively limited to Milton Keynes during the pandemic. The sport owes a debt to the Marshall Arena for brilliantly hosting the majority of tournaments over the last year, but the Rocket did not love the constant trips to Milton Keynes, despite choosing to play in nearly all of them. Asked whether he would keep up his rigorous schedule next season if some kind of normality returns, O’Sullivan was clear. ‘No, I’d focus more on the China events, the bigger more prestigious events at this stage of my career,’ he said. ‘The opportunities suit me better out there really. ‘Certain places I’ve missed. Belfast is great, York is fantastic, China there’s some great places. ‘I could play virtually every tournament this year because the traveling was doable, it wasn’t an issue. If it goes back to what it was then obviously I’d have to make a call and just pick and choose the ones I do here but focus on China. ‘If they do all the China events in one go then I can do all the China events and do the majority in the UK as well. But if it goes back to what it was, going round the world four times in a month, I couldn’t do it at my age.

‘I have to put my interests first, run my own operation and focus on what I have to do. Try and ignore what all the other players seem to do which is getting sucked up on the hamster wheel of going from event to event because they feel like they have to. I’d rather retain some control and me be the one deciding what I want to do.’ O’Sullivan has found the ‘hamster wheel’ that he has embarked on this season give him an even more care-free attitude to his game than usual, consistently insisting that he is not fussed whether he wins or loses. ‘The way it is at the moment there’s literally a snooker game every day so I think it’s less important how you do, how you play, you just think, “I’ll just play.”’ O’Sullivan said. ‘Even if it goes back to normal, who cares? You win, great, if you don’t, brilliant, I’ve got another game in four days. You don’t really care if you win or lose, so it’s got its benefits I suppose. ‘We’ll have to wait and see how it goes, for every benefit there’s a drawback and every drawback there’s a benefit.’ The Rocket is into the second round at the World Championship after beating Mark Joyce in the last 32 and will take on Anthony McGill on Thursday and Friday over three sessions.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've mentioned before that Ronnie seems to go for a "really total clearance" sometimes, meaning he intentionally goes in-off the black. One example of this might be his millennial century, where it cost him 5000 pounds. Here is another:

\

Geosnookery

UK snooker players have it so good. Most tournaments are a couple hour drive away. ‘Complaining’ about the lifestyle? Ha!Ha!

Ronnie has likely made more outside the tour than on it. Poor lad.

The Rocket is the most talented individual to ever pick up a cue. He’s also the biggest ass in Snooker. Most Snooker fans have a love-hate relationship with him. I always cheer on his opponent but at the end of the day also want him in at least the semis.

praise to the lad who succeeded against the odds. Imagine competing in his younger days at the Mosconi Cup...father in prison for murder and mother in another prison for tax evasion from running a brothel. He talks about going to visit one then the other between time at the table.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JASON FERGUSON NOT CONCERNED BY RONNIE O'SULLIVAN'S SCHEDULING FOLLOWING WITHDRAWAL FROM BRITISH OPEN​

“It’s just personal reasons for Ronnie, there’s nothing to elaborate on, there are no issues at all,” Ferguson said. “I think if he wants to take some time out…when you look at Ronnie, he’s won all those titles, broke all those records and he’s still competing at that level, to expect him to compete in every single event is a lot to ask." :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...rawal-from-british-ope_sto8492008/story.shtml

it's good to take a break from Snooker as so many sporting events were on show and most of the news was about Ronnie pulling out of events.....

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

SNOOKER NEWS: RONNIE O'SULLIVAN ON 30 YEARS AT TOP – 'I FEEL PRIVILEGED TO HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITIES'​

Six-times world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan will celebrate an astonishing 30 years at the summit of snooker in 2022. The sport's greatest player has told Eurosport he appreciates the opportunities he has been given in life since turning professional at the age of 16 in 1992. He is also thankful for the support of his partner Laila Rouass and family as he continues to chase new horizons in the game. :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

'BEST SPORTSMAN BRITAIN HAS PRODUCED' - RONNIE O'SULLIVAN SHOULD HAVE DOMINATED MORE, SAYS JOHN VIRGO​

John Virgo believes Ronnie O'Sullivan is the greatest sportsman Britain has ever produced, but he says the Rocket should have won more world titles. O'Sullivan won his sixth world crown at the Crucible last year. "I think if he’d maybe been a bit more level in his mind he’d have got up to maybe 10 world titles, I’m convinced of that," Virgo said. :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

RONNIE O’SULLIVAN CLARIFIES 'VERY FLAT' COMMENTS AT NORTHERN IRELAND OPEN – ‘I DON’T WANT MORE ENEMIES!’​

"I'd just like to put that straight because obviously every snooker fan is like family to me so I'd never criticise any snooker fan," said O'Sullivan after booking his spot in the last 16 at the Northern Ireland Open with a 4-1 win over Alfie Burden. O'Sullivan, who will next face Yan Bingtao, had grabbed headlines after hitting out at a "very flat" atmosphere in Belfast earlier in the week. :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...dont-want-more-enemies_sto8583434/story.shtml

RONNIE O’SULLIVAN: ‘I’D ALWAYS GET THIS FEELING OF DOOM AND GLOOM’ – SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPION ON BEST ADVICE​

O’Sullivan has finished runner up in the last three iterations of the event, falling 9-7 to Judd Trump on each occasion. Ahead of his match against Alfie Burden on Eurosport on Tuesday, he said that the best piece of advice he ever received was that feelings are fickle. Watch the 2021 Northern Ireland Open live on Eurosport, eurosport.co.uk and the Eurosport app. :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...advice-he-has-received_sto8583215/story.shtml

Northern Ireland Open: Ronnie O'Sullivan clarifies comments about Waterfront Hall atmosphere :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

NORTHERN IRELAND OPEN 2021 - 'SIT DOWN!' – RONNIE O’SULLIVAN TURNS ON SNOOKER SPECTATORS IN BELFAST​

The referee was forced to intervene, urging stewards to not let spectators into the Waterfront Hall auditorium while frames were in action. O’Sullivan put the disturbance behind him to produce a 129 break. The Rocket is bidding to end a run of three straight final defeats in Belfast. Stream the Northern Ireland Open live and on demand on discovery+, the Eurosport app and eurosport.com :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...-spectators-in-belfast_sto8584979/story.shtml

Later the 'Rocket' got crashed out 4-3 to Yan Bingtao and probably went for a jog around Belfast :
https://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/Matches/Index/14469/betvictor-northern-ireland-open-2021 :
Ronnie O'Sullivan
Ronnie O'Sullivan thumbnail
18.9 secs
V
Frames
(Best of 7)
AST
Yan Bingtao
Yan Bingtao thumbnail
28.2 secs

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

RONNIE O'SULLIVAN IDENTIFIES 'PROBABLY THE GREATEST SNOOKER PLAYER I'VE EVER SEEN WHEN HE WAS AT HIS BEST'​

O'Sullivan said: "If he could come back again it would be Alex Higgins. If he could have been half as consistent as Davis was, he would have been the greatest player we've ever seen. But obviously his lifestyle and the way he kind of did things, it didn't allow him to. But for me, I think Alex Higgins was probably the greatest snooker player I've ever seen when he was at his best." :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

RONNIE O'SULLIVAN 'BAFFLED' BY 'EGOS' OF SNOOKER'S NEXT GEN - 'THEY BELIEVE IN THEMSELVES A BIT TOO MUCH'​

"Some of the people I see on the tour, I wonder how they actually got there. Where do they find them, you know?" O'Sullivan told Eurosport in a special extended interview ahead of the English Open. "They are very inexperienced, they probably believe in themselves a bit too much for how good they are, and that can be a dangerous thing." :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...mselves-a-bit-too-much_sto8592237/story.shtml

GERMAN MASTERS SNOOKER: RONNIE O'SULLIVAN DESTROYED BY HOSSEIN VAFAEI IN FIVE-STAR WHITEWASH IN UNDER AN HOUR​

Hossein Vafaei compiled breaks of 52, 50, 81, 64 and a magical 141 as the world number 60 stunned six-times world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan 5-0 in the first round of German Masters qualifying in Cannock in only 54 minutes. The last 32 qualify for the final stages of the German Masters, with the Tempodrom in Berlin staging the tournament between 26-30 January 2022. :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...tar-whitewash-in-under_sto8602710/story.shtml

Ronnie sat in the hot seat so long he could've had a quick dental appointment , hair cut , manicure , take away meal and a pint of lager..... :unsure: :ROFLMAO: ;) (y)

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

RONNIE O’SULLIVAN SENDS BALLS FLYING IN CRAZY BREAK-OFF WHEN 4-0 DOWN AT GERMAN MASTERS TO HOSSEIN VAFAEI​

The Rocket was on the end of a 5-0 defeat to world number 60 Hossein Vafaei – but it was his antics at the start of the fifth frame that will grab the most headlines. The Rocket played a shot many will view as disrespectful, although it did end with a pot and perfect position on the black. Stream the German Masters live and on demand on discovery+ :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...asters-v-hossein-vafae_sto8602760/story.shtml

Versus

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

RONNIE O’SULLIVAN SENDS BALLS FLYING IN CRAZY BREAK-OFF WHEN 4-0 DOWN AT GERMAN MASTERS TO HOSSEIN VAFAEI​

The Rocket was on the end of a 5-0 defeat to world number 60 Hossein Vafaei – but it was his antics at the start of the fifth frame that will grab the most headlines. The Rocket played a shot many will view as disrespectful, although it did end with a pot and perfect position on the black. Stream the German Masters live and on demand on discovery+ :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...asters-v-hossein-vafae_sto8602760/story.shtml

Versus

Ronnie O'Sullivan crazy break off V Quinten Hann crazy break off ?

The winner for me is Quinten Hann ! ;) :ROFLMAO: (y)

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

RONNIE O'SULLIVAN ON 'CAR CRASH' POLITICS IN SPORT - 'SNOOKER BECAME A BIT TOXIC IN MANY WAYS'​

"I emotionally untangled myself from the sport probably 10 years ago, in many ways, and I just made snooker work for me," O'Sullivan told Eurosport in a special extended interview ahead of the English Open. "I hear a lot of the bottom-ranked players complaining about various things, and the top-ranked players complaining about things; like I said, I feel like snooker became a bit toxic." :​

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...bit-toxic-in-many-ways_sto8593210/story.shtml

Ronnie doing a Ronnie.....