Ronnie OSullivans American Hustle Season 1 Episode 1 on Youtube

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In your own mind (don't answer on this thread) were would one in the USA be most likely to see this show, or one very similar to it?

Listed in alphabetical order:

ABC
CBS
FOX
NBC
PBS

Just a thought about our "clear channels", no-fee TV.
Dave

The History Channel on a cable/sat package.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In your own mind (don't answer on this thread) were would one in the USA be most likely to see this show, or one very similar to it?

Listed in alphabetical order:

ABC
CBS
FOX
NBC
PBS

Just a thought about our "clear channels", no-fee TV.
Dave

I highly doubt it gets on any of those channels ,, it's a nice show but it's not anywhere near big channel worthy ' maybe on cable sub Chanel's like NBC the new ESPN sports channels looking for fill in time like they were yrs back

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fan

Wow! How good is this? The four part series has been picked from the niche market History Channel to Sky 1 HD in a prime time spot on this mass market channel.

This is a mega move. But I am unhappy that I never got paid or even credited for research work that I did on the series, especially now that it has a wider coverage.

I have watched 2 episodes, love the program and have also become a Ronnie O'Sullivan fan.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 663
Last edited:

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
So good. The only thing they missed out on in Memphis was goong to the Rendezvous for ribs.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

RailBird's

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So good. The only thing they missed out on in Memphis was goong to the Rendezvous for ribs.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

There are better ribs/bbq in Memphis than rendezvous but it is very good. I am very surprised they didn't go there since it's the most well known to tourists

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great show again! Who is he playing next week in the preview... I couldn't make it out who it was?

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's great (and funny) to see Ronnie go ga-ga over the process of making chalk, tips, and cues. Love it!

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know where Ronnie played Archer?

I am going to memphis soon and want to check that place out.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Many thanks for these. Can't wait for the next one...hoping Frost and Ronnie play one pocket! Cute touch in the preview...a Mustang on the hills of S.F.

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting! Each one of these has been great, and Ronnie does come off as a really likeable guy.

I think however in this day of the Internet it'd be tough for him to go somewhere and not be recognized by someone. Maybe in Tuktoyaktuk, Alaska...

DMM4342

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie seemed to get a kick out of learning that the two mobster factions in Chicago were Italian and Irish, and he with an Irish father and Sicilian mother!
And he was entertained when he was reading the O'Sullivan names when he visited Ellis Island. He sure entertained me, even when he was not playing pool or snooker.
Dave

Last edited:

RailBird's

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know where Ronnie played Archer?

I am going to memphis soon and want to check that place out.

It's very very expensive and the tables aren't that great. Much better places to play in the Memphis area. I recommend High Pockets, where the earlier match with the kid danny smith was recorded or the Southaven Rec just outside of town. The Meucci factory also has a pool room in it.

If you are young, you may like Sharp Shooters. If you are a gangster, head to The Rack

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Loved it worth the time to view

Finally got the time to view this, and loved it ! :thumbup:
Ronnie trying to hustle a "C" player that doesn't gamble had me in stitches laughing.

Watching Ronnie play Earl was priceless. Yeah Ronnie, you got hustled! lol
Earl wouldn't have a chance on a snooker table against Ronnie though.
Apples & oranges.

Interesting to note what Ronnie said at Blatt's billiards comparing the napp of felt on those 2 tables.