SBE streaming

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Allen didn't want to pay for the pro event to be streamed is what I heard from a reliable source.

Upstate Al was ready and willing.

seemed like a real shame not to put that together.

best,
brian kc

rackemup20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Allen didn't want to pay for the pro event to be streamed is what I heard from a reliable source.

best,
brian kc

Unbelievable one if the biggest events of the year an the promoter gets greedy an can't spend a little more to get pool the exposure it needs. Starting to believe a lot of people who say this event is not about pool it's about Allen Hopkins making a nice handsome payday

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unbelievable one if the biggest events of the year an the promoter gets greedy an can't spend a little more to get pool the exposure it needs. Starting to believe a lot of people who say this event is not about pool it's about Allen Hopkins making a nice handsome payday

:angry:

This is the wrong attitude. Do you want it to just disappear like other pro tournaments?

Allen is one of the good guys in pool and for anyone that don't know that has got to be an....

This was a great event. If you didn't like it, then you are not into pool.:thumbup:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

I don't begrudge Allen for making whatever he does promoting and putting on this important event. More power to him for that.

I don't know the particulars on why there was no stream, other than what I mentioned above, that he didn't want to cover that expense for whatever reason.

I'm with you, though, that the exposure streaming provides can help grow our sport.

best,
brian kc

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Why not get together with a few like minded individuals and sponsor to have it streamed.

best,
brian kc

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
You do realize they were in Edison New Jersey...... Just a hop skip and a jump to have Accu-Stats move the equipment over... I just don't think it is a priority for Allen... I know his son posts here but Allen may not even get on the interwebs....

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member

best,
brian kc

Actually I am under the impression that Allen wanted a sizable fee to be allowed to stream it !!!

I seen comments here and there to that effect.

Maybe Allen Jr. can pipe up and straighten us out.

:groucho:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Actually I am under the impression that Allen wanted a sizable fee to be allowed to stream it !!!

I seen comments here and there to that effect.

Maybe Allen Jr. can pipe up and straighten us out.

:groucho:

I was being kind. ;)

best,
brian kc

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

In order for pool to grow, it MUST be made possible for promoters to make a decent living from the game.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I have said for years eventually promoters are going to want theirs from streamers. Looks like this could be the first sign of a paradigm shift.

I see both sides. Be interesting to see where it all goes in the future.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I would be surprised if he makes a lot of money off of this event.

My guess is he probably does ok but less than many seem to think. I have seen what it takes to do events of that size. Its amazing how many hands can fit in one guys pocket at the same time.

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would be surprised if he makes a lot of money off of this event.

Perhaps he made more $$$ this year, by not having the stream as an option. Viewers had only one way to see the pros, and that was to drive to the event and watch it live. Just a thought..

thubosky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a shame it wasn't streamed, some of the greatest matches I've seen at the expo. Rodney and earl's match was awesome. They were going back and forth with break and runs from the beginning. It was great until Rodney got a lucky leave and Earl slammed his chalk down while sitting and cursed loudly. Definitely sharked Rodney, he just couldn't finish any racks after that happened.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's simple. Allen wanted paid if you wanted to stream his event and no one wanted to pay the cash. The person streaming will have to get advertisers because go knows getting a pool player to pay for a stream to break even let alone make money is tough at best lol Allen risks a lot of money out of pocket for these events ..does a lot of work and deserves to get paid so I have no problem with him wanting to cash in.