SCAMMED

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Well if PalPal, or E-Bay catches you scamming them.

They just boot you, and your off their platform.
Paypal has to offer the no fee option to compete with the half dozen other no fee electronic payment options. They want you tied in for the times you want the fee based protection. It isn't scamming Paypal when using F&F carries no buyer protection with it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
SCAMMED SO I POSTED ON THE WANTED PAGE, I PERSON WHO HAS A AZ BILLIARD ACCT. CONTACTED ME ABOUT THE CUE I WAS LOOKING FOR AND THEN SEND ME PICS. MAKED A DEAL TOLD ME THE ONLY WAY TO PAY WAS PAYPAL SO I DID. AFTER I PAID ALL COMMUNICATION STOPPED. SO HERE IS THE PERSON, NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE, AND PAY PAYPAL ACCT. BATISTA 401 N. E. MIZNER BLVD BOCA RATON, FL. 33432. 1-352-612-9490, PETER PATS 33, HAVILAH,ESTATE BALLE,GOS 524678, Patspeter34@gmail.com FOUND OUT THE ONLY WAY TO CHAT WAS BY TEXT ONLY. AND HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING SINCE PAYMENT. SO HE SOMEWHERE HERE ON AZ BILLIARDS. THANKS FOR THE POST
What is the AZB name?? You have been asked on several posts. Not sure what you expect from AZB users if we have no idea who you are talking about.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
What is the AZB name?? You have been asked on several posts. Not sure what you expect from AZB users if we have no idea who you are talking about.
Myself, I don't care to know the name at this time. It has been less than a week since the OP reposted his Wanted ad.

In other Wanted ads, the OP was looking for a reasonably priced R-12, which I have and don't use. There isn't enough money printed for me to get involved with that drama.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have bought 4 or 5 higher end cues ($1,000+ ) off some AZers here in the last 3 years. I paid Pay Pal F&F each time- I did not like it - but never had a problem- thank goodness! I don't think that I will do Pay Pal F&F again - not sure if my CC company would back me if I used F&F - I do not use bank accounts to pay- only CC via pay pal.

If I were running this site I would not allow sellers to request F&F - just state the price you want for your cue- if the Pay pal fees are too much for you to absorb, then add them into your price.

This recent example of fraud has me feeling that I will take no more risks to save a lousy $30 to $60 on fees- just not worth it to me anymore.

I really feel that the site manager here needs to look seriously at eliminating requests for Pay Pal F&F. These ARE business transactions and should be conducted as such- period.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
if you do f&f for a buying transaction, you are indeed scamming pay pal for their commission. so its like a pick pocket crying about thieves after his car gets stolen while he is out at his work.
what goes around comes around.

if this guy didnt use it then all he has to do is cancel the sale. or if he was smart and used his credit card to fund his paypal he has two ways to stop the sale.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My CC company will not refund or stop the charge if it is to FF on Pay Pal. If it's to a company or normal buy , then they will intervene if I have proof of no product being delivered.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Anyone that uses F&F for purchases better be actual friends or you're an idiot. I've put extra $ on purchases before so I could use regular paypal and not have to do the F&F. I don't expect the seller to eat the fee, but I'm not getting scammed. A few bucks extra is worth the protection.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
if you do f&f for a buying transaction, you are indeed scamming pay pal for their commission. so its like a pick pocket crying about thieves after his car gets stolen while he is out at his work.
what goes around comes around.

if this guy didnt use it then all he has to do is cancel the sale. or if he was smart and used his credit card to fund his paypal he has two ways to stop the sale.

Good observation about pickpocket👍

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have bought 4 or 5 higher end cues ($1,000+ ) off some AZers here in the last 3 years. I paid Pay Pal F&F each time- I did not like it - but never had a problem- thank goodness! I don't think that I will do Pay Pal F&F again - not sure if my CC company would back me if I used F&F - I do not use bank accounts to pay- only CC via pay pal.

If I were running this site I would not allow sellers to request F&F - just state the price you want for your cue- if the Pay pal fees are too much for you to absorb, then add them into your price.

This recent example of fraud has me feeling that I will take no more risks to save a lousy $30 to $60 on fees- just not worth it to me anymore.

I really feel that the site manager here needs to look seriously at eliminating requests for Pay Pal F&F. These ARE business transactions and should be conducted as such- period.
I disagree that it needs input from site management.

PayPal provides notice that that type of payment is without recourse through PayPal and if 3% of the total cost is too much to ensure- insure- you don't get screwed...think about 100% and see which looks better.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
If people are too cheap to absorb the fees or pay them, they maybe shouldn’t be trusted in the first place.

If they rip off PayPal, why shouldn’t they rip you off, too?
Agree.

"You can't hustle an honest man". It's not always true, but it is rather true of those friends and family paypal people. If you agree to pay that way, you are no better than the seller. If you pay properly, you have more protection and recourse. If you try to rip off Paypal, well....Nobody can help you then.

I once bought a cue from the Phillipines where I had to make a money transfer through some sort of courier system, i forget the details of it, but in a nutshell it was more or less like a Western Union money transfer but with scooters and even less control on my end. In hindsight, I deserved to get scammed on that one. It's pretty much putting you at the mercy of the seller in a third world country. Remarkably the seller came through. Not doing it again though.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
If people are too cheap to absorb the fees or pay them, they maybe shouldn’t be trusted in the first place.

If they rip off PayPal, why shouldn’t they rip you off, too?
Never used PayPal...Are the fees reasonable or like bank overdraft fees?

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never used PayPal...Are the fees reasonable or like bank overdraft fees?
I have only used it a couple of times, so I don’t remember how much they are.

Whatever the case, if someone is buying or selling a cue for $1000 and they have to quibble about a $40, or so, fee, then I don’t have time to deal with them.

If you are a seller, build the fees into your sale price.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I disagree that it needs input from site management.

PayPal provides notice that that type of payment is without recourse through PayPal and if 3% of the total cost is too much to ensure- insure- you don't get screwed...think about 100% and see which looks better.
Nobody is arguing that we all should NOT be paying Pay Pal via F&F, just for the reasons you state- my point was that IMO, if this site is going to have a BUSINESS section- which it does ( For Sale items) - then it should conduct the site in a business fashion and not allow sellers to offer the F&F option.

I dealt with very honest people on my cue purchases here, but after some careful consideration- I am done with Pay pal F&F- not going to push my luck any further on cue purchases without protection here or anywhere else. I also do not think that buyers should be paying a seller's selling fees. The guys selling cues here do not pay any fees to AZ Billiards- as far as I know- yet they still want us buyers to absorb their Pay Pal fees if we want protection- kind of B.S. if you ask me.

Next cue I buy here I am going to negotiate a price with shipping and THEN negotiate how the Pay Pal fee gets paid- if a seller wants to walk away from a $1500 cue sale for $45 or a split on the $45 then let them walk - that's my position going forward.