School Me on Barry Szamboti markings

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
I've seen a variety of ways that Barry marks his cues.

Sometimes its "Szamboti" vertically or horizontally aligned.

Sometimes its "B. Szamboti"...
sometimes its "B.S."...
sometimes its "BS"...
and sometimes it's the initals overlapped like shown below.

Can you tell me if there is rhyme or reason here (might be a clue as to when the cue was made?)..maybe just how he feels that day...

FWIW, this cue is ~1990 vintage.

012710bigjoesbarryszamb.jpg
 
Last edited:
FWIW, I believe his first cues (from 89-91) were marked with the his initials as in "BS" or "B.S".

There appears to be a period (91-2001???) where he didn't ID them at all unless requested by the customer.

Then he went to the whole name as in "B. SZAMBOTI" or just "SZAMBOTI" in (2001??? - present).

Please fill in the blanks or correct me as needed.
 
Last edited:
Either way Barry is really a great guy who mahes beautiful cues

yours is very nice
Dean
 
Hey Buddy ,,
There is a marking under the rubber bumper with a BS and the year,,any other question feel free to call me 267-257-8323
BR
Ken
 
I have a a small collection of Barry's and I dont have the over lapped version like this one in the OP. I'm not sure when he built that cue. I think I have one that dosent have anything or its just B.S.-its a satin finish 4 point no veneer hopie style cue, Barry said it was among his first cues he built and told me to ever sell that cue(I wasnt anyways). I cant look at it now, after the first of the year I will look at it and revive this thread.
 
Thats BS

I had heard that cues stamped with 'BS' were made for very close friends.
 
Back
Top