Scott the Shot Smith RIP

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got a called he just passed on. Spent some time chatting with em this past Sunday.
Good Man.

bm
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. My best memory of Scott was playing him 9-ball at his bar in Springs, I think it was called "Rack and Roll" - I was a lowly B+ player so I was getting weight. We were tied hill-hill and I broke and ran out. My first one in a tournament, I believe.

He didn't get mad or complain about my handicap, he just said "Nice shooting" and shook my hand.

I didn't know him that well but I saw him a lot around Denver and Springs and we always had a friendly relationship.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A funny story involving Scott at 2004 DCC one pocket event:

Scott wanted to announce the match I was in and asked me for info, I had met him a few times since moving to CO, but we didn't know each other well. I mentioned to him I was friends with his ex-wife, Laura (one of my favorite Denver peeps). Next thing I hear over the loud speaker was "You're dating my ex? Good luck to ya pal."

I almost spit out my drink it was so quick witted and funny. Laura didn't think so when I told her. Hahahahaha

RIP Scott.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I just received the following email...

Scott the shot Smith My Awesome Dad​

I regret to inform all the wonderful pool players in these forums and tournaments but Scott "the Shot" Smith Died last night. Our family was close to him as to make him as comfortable as possible. Just wanted y'all to know . He was accompanied by all 3 of his daughters and two sons and lovely wife. Friends came from all over. I'll leave details of his service in a few days

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was a virtual encyclopedia of pool. He knew all the players past and present. I had the pleasure of sitting down with him over the course of an evening a few months ago listening to stories of his gambling exploits and observations of the legends of the game. He was present during at least one of the Jansco bros tournaments. He described matches that he played against Irving Crane, Johnny Edwards and many others. The man lived and breathed pool and continued to play to the very end. Everyone in Colorado Springs will miss his wonderful stories and terrific sense of humor. A true legend of the game

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I picked up boxes of old photos last month from Jerry Forsyth. This was one at the top of one of those boxes...

Scott Smith copy.png

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
The Bankshot Wizards was him, me, Jr Harris, Bill Stroud, Bret the Jet (his brother) and Carl Nelson.
Out BCA team won the nationals in the earlier years.
We nicknamed em ''Scott the Shot'' or at times La' Shot.
Made the best Canned Salsa at his first pool room/bar.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Bankshot Wizards was him, me, Jr Harris, Bill Stroud, Bret the Jet (his brother) and Carl Nelson.
Out BCA team won the nationals in the earlier years.
We nicknamed em ''Scott the Shot'' or at times La' Shot.
Made the best Canned Salsa at his first pool room/bar.
Bill, is Jr still around?

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of good memories over the years with him. Had a full life. Only person I ever knew who wasn't legally allowed to be in his own bar during business hours.