Seal a CF Shaft

SSP

I’m leaning to Becue myself. Is your shaft a prime or engage?

I like their line of accessories as well. A bit pricey but it is Italian craftsmanship.

Plus the Italians brought us SOPHIA!!! What a women!!!
I use the Engage 11.8 mm, you must pay attention to where center ball is but that is the case on any small diameter shaft

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use the Engage 11.8 mm, you must pay attention to where center ball is but that is the case on any small diameter shaft
Yes to being really focused on the exact area of the cue ball with a small tip. You get much more English that with a larger tip.

I have a McDermott I3 shaft that is 10.5 or so that zi played with years ago. Now I can’t imagine playing with anything below 12mm.

Getting older and playing less has not helped my game at all!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PSA.......I had the full on repeated black marks on hands...black marks on rails...alcohol wipes produced mass amounts of black on a paper towel....etc........

Gave my table a 10 year power clean....massive amounts of dust build up brushed and vacuumed out....wet wiped the cloth....the full works....even cleaned the balls.....

I switched from the old school Masters chalk to the Taom chalk and have not noticed any black marks on hands, rails....and very minimal on a alcohol wipe....which is probably just residual dust from the table
i use nothing but blue Master and have not seen any thing since the first major cleaning. its not the chalk causing whatever issues they MIGHT have.

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you wondering what you can do to remove the “gunk” McDermott puts on the Defy shaft, try this. I used 3000 grit sandpaper to lightly remove whatever crap the shaft was coated with. Just a light sanding; no need to be aggressive. It’s now as smooth as my custom made shaft. You may want to try a small section first to see if this works for you. If you don’t feel comfortable doing this, please don’t.