set of 9 balls only

livemusic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do they sell a set of 9 balls only? I have never seen anything other than a full set. Just curious, I guess it's a low demand thing, lol.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Be like buying a car w/o all the doors. What happens if a friend wants to play 8 ball, or ANY full rack game?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do they sell a set of 9 balls only? I have never seen anything other than a full set. Just curious, I guess it's a low demand thing, lol.
Just a tip here, before asking questions like this on here you might just do a simple search beforehand.

livemusic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a tip here, before asking questions like this on here you might just do a simple search beforehand.
Just a tip... chill out. Ignore the thread if you don't like it.

I did do a google search, found nothing.

Reactions: JC

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could buy a full set and leave 10-15 in the box:)

Conversely, one of the new Chinese made sets on the market (Think Cyclop brand, forgot which one), comes with a few extra balls for the money balls.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Over TWENTY-FIVE pages of listings for pool-balls on Google alone. Not one set of only nine balls. Maybe i'm just not a dedicated enough searcher but that result would pretty much end it for me.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Over TWENTY-FIVE pages of listings for pool-balls on Google alone. Not one set of only nine balls. Maybe i'm just not a dedicated enough searcher but that result would pretty much end it for me.
I get a hit on page one.
Screenshot_20210107-104238.jpg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Garbage in, garbage out. Gotta give the machine what it needs to get what you want.

I searched for
nine ball pool ball set
Weird. I tried same thing and got nothing but regular nine-ball related stuff. Not one pic of that Ortmann link. UD: if i go to Google's home page i get an entirely different search than the one i get by directly going to Google on Firefox. Strange.

JC

Coos Cues
Be like buying a car w/o all the doors. What happens if a friend wants to play 8 ball, or ANY full rack game?
When playing someone who has to bust out the stripes to play 8 ball always take them if possible they will be slicker and much more forgiving and less prone to rattling.

livemusic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol. What did you search for?

'Nine ball pool ball set' provides accurate hits.
I'll play further to waste some more time. My search terms were "9 ball set of pool balls" and it probably doesn't matter but then did "set of 9 ball pool balls."

I have no interest in a set, I was just curious if sets are sold, if people buy them. Something to post on an internet forum.

Signed,
all kinds of people

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious here, at a bar i go to 3-ball is the big game. Can you buy 3-ball sets?? Or i guess actually a 4-ball(gotta have whitey) set?? ;)

Geosnookery

There would be low demand in Canada.

‘Pool’ where I live means 99% 8 ball. 9 ball may be more popular in the USA than 8 ball but I can go a year and never play a game of 9 ball be it at someone’s home, a sports bar, pool hall, etc. 9 ball here is played by a couple affiliated leagues but that’s a miniscule part of the billiards market. I’m ‘guessing’ all but an insignificant amount of balls are sold to people with tables at home. I know that our local Walmart sells 3 sets a week because I once asked the manager about their billiard sales. They also outsell everyone on pool cues by a wide margin.