Shaft thats so close to The universal smart shaft?

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi lovely people, the AZB community that I dearly love very much! its been a long time since I made a thread in here..... I been playing for quiet sometime with the Universal smart shaft which I love very much, I had 2 shafts of them, but they both are in bad condition right now, one has its ferrul damaged massively, and the other one makes a noise with shots, and I think its time for me to move on and find a new shaft because the Universal smart shaft has stopped making them, some are on the market still thats true, but I just want to move on.

I ask you if there's a shaft thats so similar to this beautiful shaft, other than the OB/Predator shafts, cause I just don't like them.... whats your suggestion for me, thanks
 
Reply

Hi lovely people, the AZB community that I dearly love very much! its been a long time since I made a thread in here..... I been playing for quiet sometime with the Universal smart shaft which I love very much, I had 2 shafts of them, but they both are in bad condition right now, one has its ferrul damaged massively, and the other one makes a noise with shots, and I think its time for me to move on and find a new shaft because the Universal smart shaft has stopped making them, some are on the market still thats true, but I just want to move on.

I ask you if there's a shaft thats so similar to this beautiful shaft, other than the OB/Predator shafts, cause I just don't like them.... whats your suggestion for me, thanks

Asbani,
Is this Universal smart shaft a regular maple playing shaft or is it something else with the Universal Lock up?

336robin :thumbup:
 
Joerackem, on ebay, (Joe Neilson), has them new for about $115 shipped. I will pm you with some info.
 
the lucasi hybrid shafts are the same design as the USS, just without the interchangeable joint
 
lucasi shaft...

Yes they share the radial construction, but not the special fabric inside the shaft near the joint
 
Yes they share the radial construction, but not the special fabric inside the shaft near the joint

the main thing is that the front end ferrule/tenon construction is the same...that's what gives the LD properties and defines most of the hit.

i think that fabric stuff was a total gimmick...it doesn't seem to do a thing. the hybrid shafts without the fabric hit pretty much like the USS ones with the fabric
 
the main thing is that the front end ferrule/tenon construction is the same...that's what gives the LD properties and defines most of the hit.

i think that fabric stuff was a total gimmick...it doesn't seem to do a thing. the hybrid shafts without the fabric hit pretty much like the USS ones with the fabric

The fabric stuff as you call it was not a gimmick.
I have comprehensive tests using an accelerometer that clearly show a large reduction in vibration.

If Cue and Case had followed my instructions to glue the inserts into the shafts and not have gotten in a fight with the manuf of the Smartshaft they would still be sold in the US.

They still play the best of all shafts.

Bill Stroud
 
Hi Bill,
Great of you to post on here. I agree the USS shafts play great.

I am still wondering about the piezoelectric fabric though. From my understanding, the fabric needs to be connected to a servo controller with a chip to be effective in dampening vibration. The deformation of the fabric produces a voltage which is fed to the chip, which outputs an out of phase voltage back to the fabric, stiffening the fabric and countering the vibration. In the USS, the fabric is not connected to anything, and there is no electrical feedback unit in there (that I know of), so how does this work?

I have the USS and the Hybrid shafts and don't notice a ton of difference between them, which would be primarily the fabric and interchangeable joint.

Not trying to be critical or antagonistic as I like the USS/Hybrid shafts a lot, but I just haven't really noticed a difference in regards to the fabric....
 
Back
Top