Shaft wood

jaydog468

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking to build up some shaft wood and found ROLAINE Enterprises. Any one buy from them? Just looking for some info.

Thanks Jay Harper

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I was looking to build up some shaft wood and found ROLAINE Enterprises. Any one buy from them? Just looking for some info.

Thanks Jay Harper

Some of the worst shafts I've seen came from them.
Sugary, ugly and off-grain/runout/twists.
Their grading looks like they've improved as they show runouts now.
You might want to try a small purchase, like 10 pieces and see for yourself.

Getting crappy shafts and weeding-out suppliers one by one is actually part of the growing pains in cuetinkering.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
Some of the worst shafts I've seen came from them.
Sugary, ugly and off-grain/runout/twists.
Their grading looks like they've improved as they show runouts now.
You might want to try a small purchase, like 10 pieces and see for yourself.

Getting crappy shafts and weeding-out suppliers one by one is actually part of the growing pains in cuetinkering.
with rolaines pricing system,
10 shafts cost damn near as much as 50
i did get some good ones at one time from them,
but then:barf:

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a bunch on shafts from them on Ebay and they were very good shafts (I only buys Grade 1 and something grade 2 if they meet my criteria). You just have to know what you're looking for and they do provide very high quality images in their auctions so you can see exactly what you're getting. Also, their grading system has always been very consistent when you evaluate the shafts images that they provide.

I would definitely buy from them again but their supply for grade 1 is always limited. I won several auctions on ebay for a very good price (eg. 10.00 for 4 grade 1 shafts) and they always good to provide me with option to buy more so I ended up buying more shafts than I need. Overall, I think they shaft prices are pretty good but again if depends on your criteria of a good shafts.

Regards,
Duc.

More opinions abaut ROLAINE Enterprises??

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I bought some from them and was not happy with the quality. Grain run out and sugar marks.

Some people will hate me and disagree with me for this but....... I got the best shafts from Joe in Florida............ all were white and straight grained, they stay straight. I have only lost a couple, but that is expected. I used them for coring dowels.

Kim

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also ordered a bunch from Joe as well and they were really good. I got some of his Joe gold shafts I think and they were super nice. I actually took one of his cone joe gold shaft down to finish size in one day and to this day it's still straight. I think these were dipped in resolute.

Regards,
Duc.

I bought some from them and was not happy with the quality. Grain run out and sugar marks.

Some people will hate me and disagree with me for this but....... I got the best shafts from Joe in Florida............ all were white and straight grained, they stay straight. I have only lost a couple, but that is expected. I used them for coring dowels.

Kim

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I bought some Rolaine shaftwood a while back - was pleased with them.

My 2 cents,

Gary

P.S. I should remind others that there is/was a directive out from the owners not too long ago to be careful about any comments about CueComponents and Joe B. Given the recent rule changes in the For Sale section and what little is known about the background to those changes, I just bring this up to save you any "distress".

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I bought some Rolaine shaftwood a while back - was pleased with them.

My 2 cents,

Gary

P.S. I should remind others that there is/was a directive out from the owners not too long ago to be careful about any comments about CueComponents and Joe B. Given the recent rule changes in the For Sale section and what little is known about the background to those changes, I just bring this up to save you any "distress".

I have never had a derogatory remark about Joe or his business. I also recently bought a piece of pink ivory from him. I paid a high price but it was everything it was advertised to be. Bright pink and perfectly clear. nice stuff.

Kim