Sharks International 9 Ball Open (24-29 July), Philippines, Prize Fund $100K

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I stand corrected
Glad to see you're having a blast in the Philippines, Jay. It looks like they had a truly magnificent event there. Not sure I'll ever make it to an event in Asia, so I must live vicariously through you.

You've so often advised us all of just how many great players there are in the Phllipines and I've always believed it. For any doubters, this tournament made it clear as clear can be.

I'm sure that the continuing emergence of elite pool tournaments worldwide is making us both happy.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Glad to see you're having a blast in the Philippines, Jay. It looks like they had a truly magnificent event there. Not sure I'll ever make it to an event in Asia, so I must live vicariously through you.

You've so often advised us all of just how many great players there are in the Phllipines and I've always believed it. For any doubters, this tournament made it clear as clear can be.

I'm sure that the continuing emergence of elite pool tournaments worldwide is making us both happy.
Nice to finally see a real opportunity for professional pool players to make a living by playing in tournaments. It will only get better from here.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just watched a replay of the final match and got a surprise. For some unknown reason my microphone cut out near the end of the final game. I could faintly hear my voice on Mark's mic. No worries though. Mark carried the ball for the last few shots.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I believe it involved Cornbread, you chuckled and say nope, not telling that one.
Okay here we go. I will try to keep it R rated. A player was preparing to bank a ball back to the pocket he was leaning over, a long rail bank. It reminded me of a time Cornbread was playing a young Johnny Archer a game of Banks for $1,000. Long Rack.

They were down to the last ball and kept playing safe back and forth. Both of them were jabbering away at each other. Even then Johnny could give as well as take and Red was not to pleased this kid was talking back to him.

Finally Johnny left Red a look at a long rail bank where he had to hang over the pocket to shoot it. Before getting down on the shot Red hovered right over the pocket and grabbed his crotch, looked at Johnny and said "Right back here under my nuts!" And with that he got down and fired in that bank exactly as described!

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay here we go. I will try to keep it R rated. A player was preparing to bank a ball back to the pocket he was leaning over, a long rail bank. It reminded me of a time Cornbread was playing a young Johnny Archer a game of Banks for $1,000. Long Rack.

They were down to the last ball and kept playing safe back and forth. Both of them were jabbering away at each other. Even then Johnny could give as well as take and Red was not to pleased this kid was talking back to him.

Finally Johnny left Red a look at a long rail bank where he had to hang over the pocket to shoot it. Before getting down on the shot Red hovered right over the pocket and grabbed his crotch, looked at Johnny and said "Right back here under my nuts!" And with that he got down and fired in that bank exactly as described!
Thank you Jay, sounds like the nut bank for the win 🤣

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's a good aiming system. There's a quantum entanglement to where those are.