shipping a cue with Ivory across the pond

mr.vmax

Tim's Cues And Supplies
Silver Member
Question for shipping a cue to Germany that has Ivory ring work?
Do I need to worry, I have never tried to ship anything with Ivory across the borders, what precations do I take or do I back away? thanks
 
First you want to see if the importation of ivory is banned in Germany. If it is banned, you will have to sneak it in, which of course, contains risks.

Kevin
 
The country you are shipping to is irrelevant. It is illegal to export ivory from the U.S. without proper paperwork wihich is not easy to get. Avoid this at all costs.
 
Thank you for the news, I just was'nt sure but will have to avoid this headache.
 
I was under the impression that you have to prove that the ivory is "pre-ban" ivory. I'm not sure that is accurate though.
 
Do I need to worry

Not in the least. That is unless you post what you're thinking about doing on a public message board and have the name of your business in your Sig Line.
 
Question for shipping a cue to Germany that has Ivory ring work?
Do I need to worry, I have never tried to ship anything with Ivory across the borders, what precations do I take or do I back away? thanks
You can ask if they have a US contact you can ship to, many people often do a relative, friend and such. After that is is out of your hands.
 
In my opinion, you have nothing to fear, but then what the hell do I know. I've been married thrice before.
Axe an attorney. :smile:
 
I thought there is issues thats why I was checking first, thank you for all the imput
 
I just avoid shipping cues with ivory out of the country. My issue is that I cannot guarantee that they will get the cue without it being seized. If I cannot do that there is no way I will ship it.
 
Back
Top