Short End of a Deal

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you ever been on the short end of a deal on a pool cue? I am just realizing a real bad deal I made and it sucks!

Any advice?


Thanks,
Chris
 
Hate to clue you then...but you probably have little recourse, other than to vow to never buy from that person again.
 
Short End

Sad to hear Chris

The times we've communicated I've been impressed with your good nature and passion for cue collecting.
It's too bad these things happen but from what I've seen you have great things ahead of you.

Happy Holidays to you and your family
 
Sad to hear Chris

The times we've communicated I've been impressed with your good nature and passion for cue collecting.
It's too bad these things happen but from what I've seen you have great things ahead of you.

Happy Holidays to you and your family

Thanks Ted,

I know I will be fine. I just hate this sickening feeling.

On a good note - I am ordering a Tascarella and a James White by the end of the week! :cool:
 
Yeah...sorry to hear you got a bad deal. The T shirt oracle is unfortunatetly correct: "stuff happens". :frown:
 
Have you ever been on the short end of a deal on a pool cue? I am just realizing a real bad deal I made and it sucks!

Any advice?


Thanks,
Chris

Chris, I would hope that the party involved offered a satisfaction guarantee, and you have the opportunity to receive a refund.
 
Without knowing anything about the situation....

CMD said:
Have you ever been on the short end of a deal on a pool cue? I am just realizing a real bad deal I made and it sucks!

Any advice?


Thanks,
Chris

Key words in bold. If you made the deal, then you made the deal. Nothing you can do now other than learn from your mistake and refrain from poor deals in the future (your fault). If you made a deal and the other party didn't follow through as agreed upon, then you have a case (his fault). Out him to protect others (consumer reporting).
 
Happened to me last year....guy sold me a warped cue, long story...he ripped another person off on here also, I asked to get him banned...nothing happened and he finnally just stopped posting here.........live and learn. Has not stopped me from buying cues here, I just go with the reputable sellers now. :cool:
 
Chris,
I know what you are referring to and what really sucks is that the person that made deal knew that they were taking advantage of you and they just cared about being on top of the deal big time. It only happened to me twice and never more. Learned with my mistakes.
 
I bought a cue on EBay a few years ago the had Mother of Pearl inlays. When I got the cue they were Mother of Plastic. Johnnyt
 
Chris, I would hope that the party involved offered a satisfaction guarantee, and you have the opportunity to receive a refund.

Not quite Tommy. That would have been the honorable thing to do.

I guess I am just different... but I will be fine.


Thanks,
Chris
 
Without knowing anything about the situation....



Key words in bold. If you made the deal, then you made the deal. Nothing you can do now other than learn from your mistake and refrain from poor deals in the future (your fault). If you made a deal and the other party didn't follow through as agreed upon, then you have a case (his fault). Out him to protect others (consumer reporting).

I know. I am just venting. It really sucks when it happens. I have been through worse things and I am still standing.

I am only going to deal with very reputable ways of business from now on.


Thanks,
Chris
 
Chris,
I know what you are referring to and what really sucks is that the person that made deal knew that they were taking advantage of you and they just cared about being on top of the deal big time. It only happened to me twice and never more. Learned with my mistakes.

You are a very good friend...


Thank you very much,
Chris
 
Sorry to hear this. It looks like you have some real nice cues, from your signature, so apparently you have bought and probably sold some here before this deal. So...you've already said it....know who you're dealing with, do your homework, and don't let any particular cue make your brain fuzzy! There's thieves, fakes and con-artists in every profession and field, and cues, cuemakers, and cue salesmen are no exception. There are many reputable sellers here, fortunately. It does help the community, however, to know who the disreputable sellers are. Good luck in the future!
:p
 
  • Like
Reactions: CMD
Buck up, Bucky! Things could be worse. Take my second wife, (please). She ran off with the Hoover vacuum cleaner salesman. That really sucked! My third wife was having an affair with a meter-reader. Shocking!
 
Back
Top