Should the live streamer have stopped filming Billy's match when the verbal back-and-forth began?

Should the live streamer stopped filming Billy's match when the verbal back-and-forth began?

• Yes.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • No.

Votes: 75 78.1%

• Total voters

TVmike

Professional Live Stream
Silver Member

The ironic thing is I recall first seeing the edited clip directly from the streamer on a FB post to the effect of “so this happened last night”. I never saw it from other sources

And I saw other statements from the streamer like “you never know what’ll happen on my streams whether it be a great shot, big action or even a UFC fight will break out.” He was actively using the incident to promote his channel.

I understand him backpedaling given what’s going on. But from my recollection there’s a bit of revisionist history in play.

Never in life did I promote the clip at all. If you read the statements and the posts you would know that other people jacked the stream and recorded the clips and uploaded them to other platforms Youtube and FB. I managed to get them taken down. I took the video down when I woke up anyways after a couple hours sleep but people already stole it by then and glamorized it. The full match is now posted on my FB page without the fight in it so people can see the whole context. There isn't a rack missing that I can tell.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He will never live it down as long as people keep talking about it every day.

It’s over.

Quit worrying about it, or Billy.

He will have to deal with whatever comes along and that all depends on him.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I think the answer here is that the streamer had the right to turn off the stream, but not the obligation.
How about an obligation to the players, industry and sport if he says he promotes pool... Christ you know this... If a player just reaches for his nose to scratch it we always switch cameras in case it was more than an itch. You were maybe front row on the 2 matches in the last 14 years that did have some yelling and "harsh" words but we cut the sound and swapped to camera 4...... Some things should not go public... Sorry TMZ

Reactions: JAM

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's no bigger fan of pool than this streamer TV Mike. Guy busts his ass to bring people pool in the raw. I know because I've worked with him after he drove all night to livestream my pool hall matches.

There really is no purpose to this thread. The only person who screwed up was Billy and his knucklehead friend who on tape was also threatening Robb.

Saez deserves a medal for keeping his cool. I'd never let a guy get in my face like Billy was. Don't think Billy pulls these antics on a bigger man or some guy who isn't his friend.

ExilePreacher

Equal Opportunity Gadfly
Silver Member
There's no bigger fan of pool than this streamer TV Mike. Guy busts his ass to bring people pool in the raw. I know because I've worked with him after he drove all night to livestream my pool hall matches.

There really is no purpose to this thread. The only person who screwed up was Billy and his knucklehead friend who on tape was also threatening Robb.

Saez deserves a medal for keeping his cool. I'd never let a guy get in my face like Billy was. Don't think Billy pulls these antics on a bigger man or some guy who isn't his friend.

I’m not going to condemn Mike. He certainly didn’t cause the scuffle. When McEnroe pitched fits I think they usually aired it. Other examples could be given. But what’s missing in all this is the fact that Billy isn’t in trouble because of what he did. I know of a bunch of pros who’ve done as bad or worse. Billy is in the frying pan because he committed the unpardonable sin: he got caught on camera. And the American pool scene is going to cut their own throat the more they bitch and moan about it. The problem is our culture of faux outrage and zeal to cover our own shit up by pointing out others’. I’ve been on all the Thorpe threads saying the same thing and the more people attack me for it the more it confirms, in my mind, what I’m saying. Billy did what young dumb full of cum kids do. Doesn’t make it right but it’s laughable hearing all these grown ass men complaining about it. Self righteous hypocritical castrated Pharisees. They all remind me why I haven’t been on this forum for years until this happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Let it stream.
Time for a grampa pool story.
At first I couldn’t remember but..... I have been involved in a physical altercation on a pool table. Normally all the combat analogies would involve pocketing balls.
So I walk into my home tavern and see two local players that I know play real close to my speed. A ring game is instantaneous. At the very start I see Mack jostling Joel (the younger and larger of the 2). He looked at me and I gave him “Don’t even think about it “ in words and actions. I had arthritis and was in no mood. He didn’t head my caution. In one motion I had him on his back at the spot.(hmmm I must have been racking) In full mount with my knees on the rail (for comfort:wink:). I came up and over the top with the right. His eyes were like saucers. He was able to dodge quickly enough that my knuckle just grazed his chin. By this time multiple people were intervening. We were evicted and walked together laughing to the bar across the street.
He asked me, “did you pull your punch?”. I replied, “well a little, I did mean to hit you a little harder but you moved pretty good.” Good thing we were friends:wink: upon leaving the bar he showed me his arsenal in the trunk:eek:.
Almost forgot, his first question was, “what did I do to piss you off?” My reply, “I wasn’t pissed. I told you don’t do that.”

Last edited:

8intheside

There are other threads in the Main Forum about this match between Billy Thorpe and Robb Saez, but the purpose of this thread is about the live streamer. Do you think the live streamer should have stopped filming when the verbal back-and-forth began?
I think he could have. I know billy did what he did, but the guy recording didn’t do the pool world any favors either.

Reactions: JAM