Should the live streamer have stopped filming Billy's match when the verbal back-and-forth began?

Should the live streamer stopped filming Billy's match when the verbal back-and-forth began?

• Yes.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • No.

Votes: 75 78.1%

• Total voters

chitownnorth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you actually aware of side betting or is your statement more to drill down into what could be?
Yes, I am aware of what side betting is. I am also aware that it could have more than one meaning as well. But him and I were not talking about the Thorpe event specifically. At least I wasn't.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I am aware of what side betting is. I am also aware that it could have more than one meaning as well. But him and I were not talking about the Thorpe event specifically. At least I wasn't.
Understood. It wasn't inappropriate to clarify distinction between two individuals competing for each other's cashish, vs third parties wagering on the outcome of something they aren't directly involved in.

Didn't even occur to me you may not know what a side bet is. I meant, were you aware of any side betting at the thorpe/ saez snafu.

chitownnorth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Understood. It wasn't inappropriate to clarify distinction between two individuals competing for each other's cashish, vs third parties wagering on the outcome of something they aren't directly involved in.

Didn't even occur to me you may not know what a side bet is.
No worries. What I was trying to state and I didn't make clear, is in the area I live any sort of gambling in a liquor selling establishment would not fly if they had poker machines. That means bars, restaurants, etc that have a liquor license. They can apply for up to 5 poker machines in their place.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No worries. What I was trying to state and I didn't make clear, is in the area I live any sort of gambling in a liquor selling establishment would not fly if they had poker machines. That means bars, restaurants, etc that have a liquor license. They can apply for up to 5 poker machines in their place.
Cowboys don't care...and its only wrong if you get caught.

sadowara

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. The live streamer wrote this on Facebook:
Well since everyone seems to be jacking my s*** and posting it all over the place without my permission and the video is already out there anyway what's the difference?

I might as well release the full unedited clips of the entire match people are taking some of this out of context so at least people can get the full picture.

What you fail to grasp is that this is reality in a pool room at times it doesn't matter who was playing really it doesn't change the fact that this was reality. Okay there's a lot of things that you can come up with that are taking place during that match because you can hear the audio and you can see what's going on. It was late night it was in a pool room there was alcohol involved it's not my judgment to count people's drinks I wasn't paying attention to that really. Two top players were gambling somebody's winning somebody's losing somebody raises the bet. I mean this is a very typical situation that happens on a daily basis. The s*** talking that occurred the violent activity that occurred, I mean things like that happen surely not as common. I dont interfere in the game usually I barely even talk to the players.

However what you don't see is because the people that jacked my video you don't show you even shortly after that fact that the mood in the room changed and the players became more friendly with each other you don't see that because people just edited out the bad s***. Frankly if the players were so disturbed with the situation they would have just stopped playing.
I stuck around until they got even for the first time and it must have been like 5:00 in the morning when I left and before I left I said well I'll leave the stream on so you guys can watch the rest of the match I got to get some sleep to get up for the tournament.
It was recorded to my platform originally anyway. It was initially somewhat blocked for audio copyright violations on it anyway then I just took it down because at the moment I was asked too and because the whole thing was sloppy as it is I had three matches in one file.
I'm further disappointed in some of the responses from people that are personally attacking me and
calling me scummy and the fact that I should I should have stopped the broadcast I should have done this I should have done that. I've got some hard reality for you. I am nobody's babysitter. I'm a part of this Billiards lifestyle as I promote, put on the marketing and network with players and ultimately when it comes down to the actual event I provide the media for the event as well.
Until you get out of your home studios in your basements and actually drive 1500 miles to do an event sleep in your car and eat out of a gas station or bum a room off a player or vice versa just to make 500 dollars you don't know what it's like so don't judge me. I have to grind it this just as much as the players have to grind at this I have much respect for the players and I would like to hope to think that I have their respect although in my encounters it's not always that way.
I've been doing this for 11 years plus now a true pioneer and I work my ass off for my art. I consider this more art than anything because you have no idea what it takes to make a living exclusively from broadcasting pool as far as I know I'm probably the only one doing it full time exclusively. So it's not really my job to explain to you a business model how it works to do this and even if I did you wouldn't do it anyway because you don't want to do the 1500 Mile drives anyway. That is just the reality of it and at the end of the day I did what I do any other day that I produce and broadcast matches. I was just doing my job and I'll be damned if someone's just going to steal my content and post it around. I will clean this post up later cuz I'm busy driving 700 miles halfway through a snowstorm to get home. I'm one of the realest mothers out here alive I promise you that.

I now understand why some players refuse to be live streamed.
In the end, shit happens, and sometimes there are consequences

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where is it you are ? Gotta make sure I stay away because I’m a gambling fool ! Love it

sunburn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
(1)Yes, the live stream should have been stopped till things settled down. (2) I don't blame Cuetec...they don't cherry pick their customer base. (3) Its just a hard lesson learned on the road to growing up and not the end of the world. (4) Keep passion alive in sports💥👍

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The live streamer should stream the main event only.
Did the players even know if they were being recorded for the after hours drinking and gambling ?
I feel bad for Billy, he’s going to lose big time for this. I hope he can get his sh*t together and bounce back. It will take a while.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
The live streamer should stream the main event only.
Did the players even know if they were being recorded for the after hours drinking and gambling ?
I feel bad for Billy, he’s going to lose big time for this. I hope he can get his sh*t together and bounce back. It will take a while.
Then the streamer wouldn't make a dime, most of the people who buy streams look forward to the after hours action.

Read the thread.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not own a room/club/bar but if i did it would be old-school video-free. I would respect both mine and my player's privacy. To paraphrase a lil' city out in the desert, "What happens in the poolroom stays in the poolroom." Everybody with a phone is the media these days and they'll do ANYTHING to get some 'likes'.
I don't think many insurance companies will insure a business serving liquor these days without some form of video connected to the establishments clients. Even though I agree with your philosophy.

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched 15 seconds of the video and I had seen enough. I shut it off. I always want the sport, the players, and our venues to be seen in the best light. The streamers decision to let the camera roll makes me question his judgment and commitment to our sport. The streamer can do what he wants but there is a cost.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I watched 15 seconds of the video and I had seen enough. I shut it off. I always want the sport, the players, and our venues to be seen in the best light. The streamers decision to let the camera roll makes me question his judgment and commitment to our sport. The streamer can do what he wants but there is a cost.

Ah yes, punish the paying customers and the streamer because of the incredibly poor choices of a pool player.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This wouldn’t even be a big deal except Billy used the F homosexual slur. If he had done everything else exactly the same I don’t think there would have been any professional repercussions. There is plenty of predecnce caught on video amongst pros to show this, and more with no video, but everyone in pool knows about.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
This wouldn’t even be a big deal except Billy used the F homosexual slur. If he had done everything else exactly the same I don’t think there would have been any professional repercussions. There is plenty of predecnce caught on video amongst pros to show this, and more with no video, but everyone in pool knows about.
The physical altercation didn't help either, but yeah he definitely crossed the line with slurs.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

"Should the live streamer have stopped filming Billy's match when the verbal back-and-forth began?"​

Children should not be recorded without their parent's consent.
Certainly were no men in that feed.