Should Winning One Pocket Be Rewritten

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
K2's point is a good 1.
How many times have any of you been to the library of congress?

Does the term 'congressional hearing' mean the library has gone audio? :scratchhead:

pt....tryin' to figure it all out

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually felt that the best part was the stories
I n fact the shots seemed to be gimmicky,rather far out,bank combination,cue ball goes three rails and ends up somewhere behind another ball and safe

I have seen these type of shots,and even hit them once or twice

The book was a specialty item ,tricky shots but hardly a book that a beginner could pick up and learn,progress etc

I have talked with several great players and they expressed the same thoughts

What would be good to see would be a book that taught the basics and then progressed
something that had rules for getting the

my guess is that Billy Incardone could write a great book basics down.He understands every aspect of the game,at least the basics.once I watched him comment with Scott frost and Scott seemed to have an advanced uderstanding that was reflected in his comments.Scott seemed to have
something beyond Billy,but hey,Billy could certainly gett us up to the very top level while not neglecting the basicss

Back to the main idea,I don't think WOP or SMS should be done again,but I would love to see another quality book

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The whole world will go broke emulating chony tohan.

I completely agree. Tony has a style that cannot be taught, or at least in a manner that is successful to the student, hell it don't even work for him alot of times. He is an excellent shotmaker, and a master at seeing shots most don't see, and when he's seeing shots well and executing well he's a monster, but when he's shooting everything he sees and just missing them most any pro can beat him. To play his style, one must have the ability to see what he sees, know what he knows about how to play the shots, and be able to accurately shoot those shots, and very very few people will be able to do all those things, and even if they occasionally do, they'll go bust in their attempt more often than not.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The whole world will go broke emulating chony tohan.

Ronnie Allen started this...finding 8-n-outs where everybody else played safe.
Efren kicked it up a notch....
...maybe players are gonna have to go where Tony's going....
...or get left behind,

Balls revolve...games evolve

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Great book along with SMS. I have tried to contribute to one pocket knowledge by producing Power One Pocket 1 and 2 with Scott Frost. Judging by the thousands of copies we sold of each one it obviously is putting knowledge into this generations hands. :smile:

As for the question I don't think it needs to be re-written. I believe Tom Wirth did a great job with his book judging from all I have heard from very good one pocket players who have read it. I haven't gotten my hands on it yet but when I get a chance I will.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have tried to contribute to one pocket knowledge by producing Power One Pocket 1 and 2 with.

Hi Lenny, thank you for your kind words.

Tom

Lenny...Tom...it's people like you. Your love of the game. Your contributions. Thank you...:thumbup:

....Power One Pocket's are a must have. I'm enjoying 1 & 2. Video's are great to learn from.

Last edited:

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lenny...Tom...it's people like you. Your love of the game. Your contributions. Thank you...:thumbup:

....Power One Pocket's are a must have. I'm enjoying 1 & 2. Video's are great to learn from.

I agree. They both have done some great things for that game and the sport overall.

Looks like, from the input surrounding my initial post, that I should get my hands on a copy of Tom's book.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree. They both have done some great things for that game and the sport overall.

Looks like, from the input surrounding my initial post, that I should get my hands on a copy of Tom's book.

mattb.... Great Thread...I'm enjoying the quality of the subject and the replies. OnePocket is a specialty game with a certain type of player. The certain type of player meaning a person that commits to learning and taking the game seriously. Our levels vary but that makes 1P more interesting as to how we play a stronger player. The books and videos definitely help a beginner or A player. There is always something to learn.
As far as re-writting WOP...I'd say it should be republished. Would like to own/read for a normal price.
Back to Tom Wirth...aside from his book...if anyone is in S. Florida take a lesson(or 2 or 5) from Tom. It's worth it just to be around him. He is 100% positive business. He is about dominating the game and winning. Tom does not compete as much lately as his new love is instructing/teaching. He teaches as well as he plays...and writes. Did someone say The Mitt?

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
From from the For Sale section:

One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggresssion - Today, 05:51 PM
NOTICE: As of today the OnePocket.org promo code of "offense" is no longer valid. A new code has replaced it and can be found within Steve Booth's review of the book.

The same discount for my book "One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression" is still available to all members. If you are not already a member, it is free to join, and there are no obligations attached. Just have fun.