Shuff clearly not ready

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Oh

he has 'driven' before he got to the MC, but he was in a race today, and just didn't get the job done.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
He choked badly in singles again today.

No way Brandon choked today period. He played with confidence and came out on the short end of the rolls. Especially the last rack.

You seem to watching with a jaundice eye.

rack 1 - Shuff Break - dry 1-0
...........Melling runs out
rack 2 - Melling breaks - good
...........gets bad on the 5 and misses
...........Shuff runs out 1-1
rack 3 - Shuff Breaks - good - push
..........Melling misses tough shot
..........Shuff misses tough shot
..........Melling fouls
...........Shuff runs out -1-2
rack 4 - Melling breaks - dry
...........Shuff pushes
...........Melling gives back
...........Shuff makes 1 & amazing 2 over the 9
...........Shuff misses 3 ball
...........Melling runs out 2-2
rack 5 - Shuff Breaks - dry
............Melling safety
........... Shuff plays safe - catches window
...........Melling runs out 3-2
rack 6 - Melling breaks - good
...........Melling misses 2-9 combo
..........Shuff misses long 2 off rail
..........Melling runs out 4-2
rack 7 - Shuff breaks - good
..........,Shuff plays excellent safety
..........Melling 2 rails kick 1 in runs out 5-2

DrOnePocket

Banned
No way Brandon choked today period. He played with confidence and came out on the short end of the rolls. Especially the last rack.

You seem to watching with a jaundice eye.

rack 1 - Shuff Break - dry 1-0
...........Melling runs out
rack 2 - Melling breaks - good
...........gets bad on the 5 and misses
...........Shuff runs out 1-1
rack 3 - Shuff Breaks - good - push
..........Melling fouls
...........Shuff runs out -1-2
rack 4 - Melling breaks - dry
...........Shuff pushes
...........Melling gives back
...........Shuff makes 1 & amazing 2 over the 9
...........Shuff misses 3 ball
...........Melling runs out 2-2
rack 5 - Shuff Breaks - dry
............Melling safety
........... Shuff plays safe - catches window
...........Melling runs out 3-2
rack 6 - Melling breaks - good
...........Melling misses 2-9 combo
..........Shuff misses long 2 off rail
..........Melling runs out 4-2
rack 7 - Shuff breaks - good
..........,Shuff plays excellent safety
..........Melling 2 rails kick 1 in runs out 5-2

No it's pretty obvious you are the one that is biased. Even by your own stats there he made 4 or 5 mistakes in 7 games. That's terrible!

I know you are his buddy but you are wrong if you think he played well enough to win. Bad rolls are not why he lost

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
No it's pretty obvious you are the one that is biased. Even by your own stats there he made 4 or 5 mistakes in 7 games. That's terrible!

I know you are his buddy but you are wrong if you think he played well enough to win. Bad rolls are not why he lost

Ok , you're right. whatever.

DGHustles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think this thread is exactly the type of thing thats wrong with pool in America, and I honestly dont know how if I want to be a part of it much longer. Brandon is a great player and a good guy. He has worked his ass off to get this far in pool. We must remember that the environment over there is tough and it is his first (hopefully of many) Cup teams. He doesnt have 10 under his belt like many others do. Yet, despite all this, instead of being supportive of a solid young up and coming American player, all I see is bashing. Shuff "gets it." He is trying to help pool in America he knows the steps that need to be taken to advance it as much as possible. I think some people on here should respect that instead of spending all day and night talking about why he is a weak player and not deserving to be on the team.

DGHustles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You sir do not "get it." Every missed ball is not necessarily a mistake, so that statement carries little weight in my opinion. There are certain intangibles that are not accounted for in a brief play by play of a match. Some shots may have less than a 50% chance of success, and in that case how can they be deemed a mistake if the player is to miss the shot more than they need to make it. The crowd is a huge part, the nerves, the pressure, etc...In a short race you need to get out so if you are left with many low percentage shots during the course of the match, it will make it that much more difficult to succeed.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
You sir do not "get it." Every missed ball is not necessarily a mistake, so that statement carries little weight in my opinion. There are certain intangibles that are not accounted for in a brief play by play of a match. Some shots may have less than a 50% chance of success, and in that case how can they be deemed a mistake if the player is to miss the shot more than they need to make it. The crowd is a huge part, the nerves, the pressure, etc...In a short race you need to get out so if you are left with many low percentage shots during the course of the match, it will make it that much more difficult to succeed.

It would be interesting to have an "unforced error" stat, if people are into stats.

Freddie <~~~ not really interested, but it would still be interesting

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think this thread is exactly the type of thing thats wrong with pool in America, and I honestly dont know how if I want to be a part of it much longer. Brandon is a great player and a good guy. He has worked his ass off to get this far in pool. We must remember that the environment over there is tough and it is his first (hopefully of many) Cup teams. He doesnt have 10 under his belt like many others do. Yet, despite all this, instead of being supportive of a solid young up and coming American player, all I see is bashing. Shuff "gets it." He is trying to help pool in America he knows the steps that need to be taken to advance it as much as possible. I think some people on here should respect that instead of spending all day and night talking about why he is a weak player and not deserving to be on the team.

Green for you. This is 100% correct. Clearly a hater thread from the onset.

Ray

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe you don't watch other sports but in golfs Ryder cup this same discussion happens every year. It's natural. This is what's right about America were aloud to have and express opinions.

To the people saying shuff needs more seasoning please enlighten me to what tournent in this country even comes close to the atmosphere he will experience at the cup. Maybe it is trial by fire by its the only place the flames get this high so there's no way of knowing until your there.

Last edited:

DGHustles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe you don't watch other sports but in golfs Ryder cup this same discussion happens every year. It's natural. This is what's right about America were aloud to have and express opinions.

To the people saying shuff needs more seasoning please enlighten me to what tournent in this country even comes close to the atmosphere he will experience at the cup. Maybe it is trial by fire by its the only place the flames get this high so there's no way of knowing until your there.

I played division 1 golf in college, so yes I am familiar. I was not intending to stonewall or otherwise prevent people from their opinion. And as I already stated it is true Brandon does not have the experience the other players do. My only issue was the manner in which the criticisms were delivered on this thread, thats all.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
It would be interesting to have an "unforced error" stat, if people are into stats.

Freddie <~~~ not really interested, but it would still be interesting

I'd also be interested... they keep track of several different kinds of unforced errors in the accustats scoring system, seen here.

Basically -
Scratch on break, no contact on kick, or sell out a makeable shot playing safe = error.
Miss also = error, but if the shot is easier than a spot shot, misses count double.

There's also a little subtle twist to grading safeties... if you sell out a shot easier than a spot shot, it's an error whether the opponent makes it or misses it. If you only sell out a tough shot (harder than a spot shot) and they make it, it's an error. If they miss it, it's no error.

You just divide balls pocketed by (balls pocketed + errors) to get their TPA.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd also be interested... they keep track of several different kinds of unforced errors in the accustats scoring system, seen here.

Basically -
Scratch on break, no contact on kick, or sell out a makeable shot playing safe = error.
Miss also = error, but if the shot is easier than a spot shot, misses count double.

There's also a little subtle twist to grading safeties... if you sell out a shot easier than a spot shot, it's an error whether the opponent makes it or misses it. If you only sell out a tough shot (harder than a spot shot) and they make it, it's an error. If they miss it, it's no error.

You just divide balls pocketed by (balls pocketed + errors) to get their TPA.
We've come full circle on the start of videos and pool matches!!!

Freddie <~~~ dizzy