Shuff clearly not ready

Bigdogbret

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both of our young players (Shuff & Dechaine) had a couple of rough moments on Day 1. The veterans did a great job of stepping up and helping them out. Johnny using his years of Mosconi Cup experience helped Brandon out a lot.
For crying out loud, this is DAY ONE!!! Relax! Brandon will be just fine. He is a champion and has more heart than most of the people trashing him all added together. You don't get this kind of experience anywhere else but the Mosconi Cup.
I feel a lot better about our chances of upsetting the Euros with Brandon on the team, than I would with a head case like Earl.

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a ton of respect for Brandon's game, and I know he is your boy from VA, but do you really think he's the fav over Earl?!?! :eek: You know...5 time US Open Champion EARL "The Beekeeper" Stickland!

I almost put Earl because I like Earl too and he is still playing great. There are a couple of others on the list that are real close too. But Brandon is representing my state so to speak, and the only pro I know personally since we both used to play at First Break in Sterling, VA ... so ... I'm a little biased and kept my list of favorites over Brandon real short.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I watched the match and archer left brandon funny on the shot he missed. The kick shot the horn sounded and he hit it too hard, shorting the angle.

The singles match was a bad coaches call. Brandon would toast melling, ecropolous, and nick van den berg.

Putting him up against neils or Darren was just a bad call by the coach. He hit one kick made it and scratched. Lost but not due to poor play!

Kd

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1.) I highly doubt that Brandon would toast Melling.
2.) The coachs don't discuss with each other their picks, it's done blindly.

Slh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He seemed very confident during the interview after his team match with Archer.
I'm the only one, who for a second, thought he missed the 9 ball on the hill? He missed the pocket, hitting the side rail with quite a lot of speed but the pocket accepted the shot.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
You also said this. "Can anyone name 7 U.S. players that would be a favorite over Shuff" to me means just about the same thing.
Hey I am not against Brandon, I like him and think he has alot of potential just hard to say "Can anyone name 7 US players that would be fav over him"

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the match and archer left brandon funny on the shot he missed. The kick shot the horn sounded and he hit it too hard, shorting the angle.

The singles match was a bad coaches call. Brandon would toast melling, ecropolous, and nick van den berg.

Putting him up against neils or Darren was just a bad call by the coach. He hit one kick made it and scratched. Lost but not due to poor play!

Kd

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

He didn't put him up against him. Both coaches put in their line up at 6 without knowing the others line up. Their are rules that go along with when you can play a match also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sylo

Banned
That one shot he did against Daz was not about getting offline but was amateurish. He better learn to play smart rather then go for very low percentage shots with no cue ball control.

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That one shot he did against Daz was not about getting offline but was amateurish. He better learn to play smart rather then go for very low percentage shots with no cue ball control.

Hatch has great team spirit and so does Archer. I am sure they are all talking and Brandon and Deshane will be more settled down today. Maybe CJ will send them some Zen Master dust as well. I expect great play today from both!! Should be great.....GO USA"-):thumbup:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
He seemed very confident during the interview after his team match with Archer.
I'm the only one, who for a second, thought he missed the 9 ball on the hill? He missed the pocket, hitting the side rail with quite a lot of speed but the pocket accepted the shot.

Looked like he missed it by quite a bit,

CSykes24

www.coreysykes.com
Silver Member
I didn't realize a 40% BNR was bad. OP is a retard, how are you gonna call someone out when it's their first year. Where else are you going to deal with this type of pressure? P.S. Shane has a worse record than Brandon in the Mosconi cup as of now. Are you gonna call Shane out because he's like 12-17 or whatever? Get real.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
From the article on AZB homepage:

"In the final match of the session, World 9 Ball Champion, Darren Appleton had a chance to make amends as he faced US debutante Brandon Shuff and he did just that winning 5-2 to leave the event poised at 3-2 to the Americans."

Who writes this stuff? Debutante? Why call out Shuff's manhood here?

debutante [ˈdɛbjʊˌtɑːnt -ˌtænt]
n
1. a young woman of upper-class background who is presented to society, usually at a formal ball
2. a girl or young woman regarded as being upper-class, wealthy, and of a frivolous or snobbish social set

You are correct, but it's minor. It's in the same case as typing the words blond/blonde and fiancée/fiancé incorrectly.

The writer obviously meant debutant which would actually be the appropriate word, too. It's not hoity toity.

Freddie <~~~ or he could have said newbie

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
What I did see was some first day jitters on both sides

^^^^ This. No question. There wasn't a clean player out there.

and if I had to pick an MVP for Monday, it's definitely Niels.
I'll agree, but Dechaine's mistakes made Niels' play look perfect. Maybe it was perfect.

Freddie <~~~ Shuff is completely ready

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a ton of respect for Brandon's game, and I know he is your boy from VA, but do you really think he's the fav over Earl?!?! :eek: You know...5 time US Open Champion EARL "The Beekeeper" Stickland!
The beekeeper didn't win those titles playing the way he's been playing for the past few years.

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't realize a 40% BNR was bad. OP is a retard, how are you gonna call someone out when it's their first year. Where else are you going to deal with this type of pressure? P.S. Shane has a worse record than Brandon in the Mosconi cup as of now. Are you gonna call Shane out because he's like 12-17 or whatever? Get real.
Think about what you are saying. Did you even watch any of the matches? Its clear that you are just in the bag for Mr Shuff. Thats fine to be in support of a friend or a player that you like but I think you also have to be realistic and look at both sides. Do you think he played well?? Oh and comparing Shane's record in the mosconi Cup agains Brandon's is retarded.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
You are correct, but it's minor. It's in the same case as typing the words blond/blonde and fiancée/fiancé incorrectly.

The writer obviously meant debutant which would actually be the appropriate word, too. It's not hoity toity.

Freddie <~~~ or he could have said newbie

Apologies, Fred, but I disagree. In the "blonde/blond" and "fiancée/fiancé" word pairs, the "ending 'e'" spelling of the word means exactly the same thing as its non-"e" counterpart. One is just a mere misspelling of the other.

In "debutant/debutante," however, you have not only two words which mean completely different things, but words that actually switch gender as well. This pairing of commonly-confused words is often included in writing courses as one of those in particular to watch out for, because the wrong usage definitely DOES change the meaning of what you're trying to say.

I agree, the writer could've said "newbie" or "rookie" instead. The problem is that those words are "all too common," and the writer was going for impact -- in an obviously white-knuckled way. ;)

-Sean