Sick and tired of Predator “nightmare customer service” 😠

vincett

That is precisely how ebony splits on its own.
My Lucasi break cue Ebony never splitted, and I have had it for 20 years. The shaft slightly warped but it isn’t perceivable unless I roll it on the table and paid attentions. Even the polished metal cover screw on the bottom of the butt is rusting, the Ebony stays perfect

DeeDeeCues

My Lucasi break cue Ebony never splitted, and I have had it for 20 years. The shaft slightly warped but it isn’t perceivable unless I roll it on the table and paid attentions. Even the polished metal cover screw on the bottom of the butt is rusting, the Ebony stays perfect

Your one piece of ebony doesn't mean some ebony can't crack.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
She doesn't know much about how her own co's products work. Or any cue for that matter. Me, and others, have tried to explain that she's off-base with her info but she won't have any of it. She gets real pissy when you point out FACTS. She could easily learn a few things from the engineers but shes either too lazy or too arrogant to find out. Call it what you want.
I hear you. You are outraged about Pred/KN. But honest question for you. What mistakes or misinformation do you believe she gave to the OP on the topic of this thread?

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
still there are a couple little scratches there on a cue he said was never hit. my guess is as good as any. maybe it split on its own then the limited warranty will say what is covered.
and if someone maybe damaged the cue its tough luck.

ill go one way if we get more "precise pics" that dont show anything other than the crack near it.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One last on this whole deal: over the yrs i think i've done a fairly decent job of running down facts/info on assorted pool related things. i try my damnest to post FACTUAL info using on-line sources or asking those that know way more than me. some people are giving me shit about hammering this Predator cs rep, well, tough shit. she doesn't know much about her own products or cues in general to be honest. Predator wants to be known as an 'industry leader' yet they have someone giving out bad/false info to both owners and prospective owners of their products. As long as this goes on i'm calling them out on it.

Last edited:

DeeDeeCues

That was ironic and hilarious, any proof of the note ? I wouldn’t believe it until I see it

Definitely not ironic in the slightest. I also have little doubt it happened, but then when a company makes claims that they don't support, I consider it lying/false advertising and I don't trust them at all.

Predator is a marketing company. At one time they made an interesting step in the progression of cues, but that was long ago.

vincett

Wow weee, with all of this going on and the inventory not being updated for cues availability. How does anyone trust them enough to even buy Predator table ? I was honestly looking toward the table for the future upgrades

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow weee, with all of this going on and the inventory not being updated for cues availability. How does anyone trust them enough to even buy Predator table ? I was honestly looking toward the table for the future upgrades
Buy a Diamond or a good used GC. Besides the iffy construction do you really want to roll-the-dice with Pred's 'customer service' if something goes wrong or you need a part?

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Just don't buy their products. I don't. They are overpriced for what you get. A lot of cue repair shops will not work on them and some cannot even be refinished or have wraps replaced.
yeah i got rid of all mine in a jiffy
if they or no one will even refinish them why invest so much

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Didn’t read every post in this thread but I have a cue that has been sitting in a case for years and it has a substantial crack, which 100% isn’t from abuse or even normal use. Years ago I thought I saw a scratch on it and now it’s a full blown crack, that you can see and feel. So it’s very possible the cue was in the process before the OP owned it. If the original receipt is with it then yeah Predator should make it right, whether they do or not tho…
As for their customer service, I have dealt with them three times and each of those was given a new shaft. Never met anyone other than a booth rep and don’t know any of them personally. I have spoke thru email and on the phone and had no issues. Two shafts came apart at the laminations and I can’t remember the issue with the third. The first one I was told to take to their booth in Vegas at a national tournament and they exchanged it. The second one I had a friend take while he was there and they did the same. The third shaft I mailed to them in FL and the only downside was they didn’t have that exact one so they sent me a new 314-3. I could have waited but I needed the shaft sooner to put with a cue for sale.

snookered_again

a lot of cues seem to sport a fake decorative splice that is in actuality only a label, I'm surprised people buy them but it seems common. Is the predator cue a fake splice or a real one? it looks lie it might just be a scratch on the fake decal.

DeeDeeCues

a lot of cues seem to sport a fake decorative splice that is in actuality only a label, I'm surprised people buy them but it seems common. Is the predator cue a fake splice or a real one? it looks lie it might just be a scratch on the fake decal.

As much as you claim to know, you should be able to tell that is not a decal. It appears to be veneered spliced points.

snookered_again

As much as you claim to know, you should be able to tell that is not a decal. It appears to be veneered spliced points.
most wood has grain , th
scratch.jpg
it appears to be just a hunk of plastic actually..
and what is this spot then, ( circled) it looks like its broken though a thin layer to the wood below the label or thin plastic layer, or whatever it is..

If the part was wood then when you peered into the crack it would be wood color, it looks like it is actually just hard plastic material that's glued to the wood.
The crack looks more like it' s plastic than wood, wood has grain. looks like it was just made of cheap plastic and that's a a shrinkage crack. I think what they are doing there is using hard plastic to imitate ebony.. but real ebony has grain.