Siming Chen vs Donny Mills

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
And if you dedicated your life to 9 on the spot, you’d still never beat him lol

Lol... I don't think you really have much of an idea how I play, man... Wanna find an established 580 range player, back against me, and find out? Come on down to Derby next year. I promise you got action that way.

Remeber, I've been a soldier/contractor for the better part of 20 years. I only practice when someone starts talking shit. And I play a tournament other than Derby once every 2-3 years or so.

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well you do have that right, Donnie is a good player but he's not a Champion level player it was a good match for him , to me if your looking at this from a Fargo stand point they looked pretty even , I'd love to see her play some of those 780 players that actually win things play her in traditional racking games with jump cues where big packs can be put up ,,

Her rating should go down and/or his up after this match, if only a little.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Donny caught a spell where he was soft breaking, getting enough balls downtable to fulfill break rules, and getting straight in on the 1 every rack.

Then, he played poor position a time or two, and had to playsafe or missed a shot and left Siming super tough. Could have easily been 21-17, even with Donny's run at the end.

I think Donny was out shot. He can't bank worth a sh!t and he had a couple of big brain farts. That being said it easily could have been 21-19 both days, in Donny's favor. yesterday Donny at 19-19 and breaking, scratches. Game over. Tonight 20-19 and he makes that dumb shot on the 6 or 7 and rolls straight into the 9 trying to bump it out. The rest is history. That's 9 Ball. Woopie.

Now lets see if everyone watches the free WPBA stream next week :rolleyes:

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol... I don't think you really have much of an idea how I play, man... Wanna find an established 580 range player, back against me, and find out? Come on down to Derby next year. I promise you got action that way.

Remeber, I've been a soldier/contractor for the better part of 20 years. I only practice when someone starts talking shit. And I play a tournament other than Derby once every 2-3 years or so.

Will you flip a coin for 5k? Or just try to match up with lesser players? ( i will be at the derby next year and flip one if you are willing to 50/50 gamble) everyone on azb knows you are a good player man,why try to steal,show some gamble ! Fargo is simply the Next way to hide your true speed and steal(just like everyone says happens at all apa,bca,etc... Events. Why does it turn into a "i,m trying to steal" everytime there is a match streamed and people are chatting. Flip a coin and i,m in!!! That goes for everybody not just you russ!

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
I think Donny was out shot. He can't bank worth a sh!t and he had a couple of big brain farts. That being said it easily could have been 21-19 both days, in Donny's favor. yesterday Donny at 19-19 and breaking, scratches. Game over. Tonight 20-19 and he makes that dumb shot on the 6 or 7 and rolls straight into the 9 trying to bump it out. The rest is history. That's 9 Ball. Woopie.

Now lets see if everyone watches the free WPBA stream next week :rolleyes:

I'll try to be fair. Realistically, Donny looked out ofstroke. I saw him at Derby the year before last, and THAT Donny would have split sets with Siming.

I saw multiple fundamental issues Donny was displaying against Siming. Chicken winging on multiple shots.. Hurried, forceful strokes with no pause in the back swing... Etc.

And if it was just lack of practice, that makes it even worse, as it meant he severely underestimated her game, and took it for granted that he was gonna win.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I had 911 que'd up, thought I was gonna have a heart attack lol that might have been the most exciting final rack I've ever seen.
Jason

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, a working stiff who thought he was absolutely stealing. And talked a little bit of shit to that effect. [...].

Initially there was a little of this. Donny thought he had the edge and said so. But I have to say, Donny has for the last year been if anything respectful of Siming as a person and Siming's game. He lost three close sets all of which could easily have gone the other way.

I'm quite proud of him for stepping up. These two players and their behavior are good for the sport. No nonsense. No funny business. No putting things in the mud. No whining about details of the conditions. And graciousness in defeat and victory. Congratulations to Donny Mills and to Siming Chen. And thank you for letting us be part of it.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, a working stiff who thought he was absolutely stealing. And talked a little bit of shit to that effect. AND Siming didn't play particularly well in the second half of the set, while Donny got straight in on the 1 ball over and over. And looked like he was absolutely shitting himself through every single one of those throw in racks.

And in case you didn't know, something like 50 players in the world can make a full time living without mooching off a girlfriend or wife, so they are for the most part, ALL working stiffs.

I'll say it right here and now. If Siming dedicates a week to the 9 on spot break, she ROBS Donny (more so than she already has).

Obviously there must be weed in the back of that bus , let me help you Einstein do you really think Roy's crew put those racking rules in to favor Donnie , get a grip , they put them there to slow the game down and keep big packages from happening, , as I said before I'll say it again the rack favored her period point blank for those reasons

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
Will you flip a coin for 5k? Or just try to match up with lesser players? ( i will be at the derby next year and flip one if you are willing to 50/50 gamble) everyone on azb knows you are a good player man,why try to steal,show some gamble ! Fargo is simply the Next way to hide your true speed and steal(just like everyone says happens at all apa,bca,etc... Events. Why does it turn into a "i,m trying to steal" everytime there is a match streamed and people are chatting. Flip a coin and i,m in!!! That goes for everybody not just you russ!

I'm just trying to take off someone who obviously thinks I can't play.. (Cuz he said so...)

And no, I don't do 50/50 for large amounts. I leave that to the suckers. I work for a living, and don't have a gambling problem.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Initially there was a little of this. Donny thought he had the edge and said so. But I have to say, Donny has for the last year been if anything respectful of Siming as a person and Siming's game. He lost three close sets all of which could easily have gone the other way.

I'm quite proud of him for stepping up. These two players and their behavior are good for the sport. No nonsense. No funny business. No putting things in the mud. No whining about details of the conditions. And graciousness in defeat and victory. Congratulations to Donny Mills and to Siming Chen. And thank you for letting us be part of it.

Tap tap tap

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

On to the Fargo Rate if we only use the Wilki match and this match what is the Rate

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I didn't get to watch the match, but it sure sounded like she looked like the much better player.

But we know that sometimes, in 9 ball, the score doesn't always reflect that.

To me, just by watching both of them play, she looks noticeably better. However, a 35 Fargo rating difference really isn't that big, and the fact that Donny hung with her shows that.

Imagine for one of us amateurs at say a 635 playing a 600 rated player. Not much of a difference, but the higher rated player does have an edge. That's what we're dealing with.

_______

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One Stroke, I was just going to ask Mr Page the same question.

1) What are all 3 pkayer’s “week long rating”? I know you’ve done this before I think you might have called it specific performance rating?

2) How much did all 3 player’s total rating move from before this week until right now. Maybe don’t round these numbers as I doubt they moved much.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Siming is playing in WPBA Masters event later this week lets see how she does vs the women.

The last two big ladies events she played in over here in the states she had to settle for 2nd place and 4th place.

Last edited:

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I second that. Siming and Donny are both very classy people unlike some clown in this thread.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Her rating should go down and/or his up after this match, if only a little.

One Stroke, I was just going to ask Mr Page the same question.

1) What are all 3 pkayer’s “week long rating”? I know you’ve done this before I think you might have called it specific performance rating?

2) How much did all 3 player’s total rating move from before this week until right now. Maybe don’t round these numbers as I doubt they moved much.

I would tend to think that the needle wouldn't have moved much for Donny and Siming of them given that they played around what was expected. Wilkie maybe a little since he outperformed expectation but with that amount of games not much.