Simonis 860HR Shortage?

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
For what it's worth, I have a local supplier that still has enough Simonis 860 HR Tournament blue in stock for 30-40 9ft tables and also enough regular 860 Tournament blue for another 30-40 9ft tables.

With shipping it is NOT going to be cheap but if you must have it then I can get it.

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
It’s a brand New Brunswick table. They came and set it up and I’m pretty sure what they installed was cheap champion cloth. Thanks for your input
Which model of Brunswick table? There are big differences in the rail setup between a Gold Crown and their other tables-

-dj

Ok, so the rails are different than a Gold Crown and the 30/30 cloth, in my opinion, would definitely be a good choice for you. I had the 8 foot Black Wolf and the installed cloth was less than ideal, as it did not have the Superspeed cushions.

-dj
Yes whatever is on it when you put spin on the it doesn’t always do what it should. I’ve played on all types of tables. I started playing when I was like 15 my stepdad had a small pool hall. The cloth on this table doesn’t seem right it isn’t bad just not good. I asked my step dad the other day what he thought about the cloth on it and he said it needed something else. This is the First table I’ve ever purchased and I initially didn’t think about the cloth I was just excited to get the table.

Champion offers 12 different cloths across 7 different tiers, with some of the cloths offered with or without backing: Tour Edition 3030, Pro-Am 3020, Valley, Mercury Ultra, Saturn II, Invitational, and, Titan.

Does your invoice indicate which "Champion Cloth" they installed on your table? - GJ
I called the place I bought it at. They said it was 21oz invitational cloth. I quit thinking about it and just ordered some Andy 988. Now I have to find someone to install it

GentlemanJames

I called the place I bought it at. They said it was 21oz invitational cloth. I quit thinking about it and just ordered some Andy 988. Now I have to find someone to install it

I'm hoping you'll be very pleased after you get your new Andy 988 Cloth installed - Will you be sure to keep us updated as to how things work-out for you?

21oz? That's confusing, as the all specs I'm finding list all 3 of the Invitational-Series cloths at 20oz.

Sounds most likely that what you're been playing on is either Championship Invitational #4066 or #3066. Apparently, the #4066 cloth is treated with Teflon; whereas, the #3066 cloth does not receive the Teflon treatment - bath or spray? how they coat the fabric I'm unsure of. However, when you find someone to install your new Andy Cloth, take note if your old Championship Cloth is backed or not. If the cloth is backed, then you have been playing on Championship Invitational #3074.

It seems to me, that a coated cloth should weigh a bit more than an uncoated cloth; so it seems counter-intuitive that both cloths list identical weights at 20oz - but what the heck do I know; I'm just a pool player trying to unravel the secret inner-mysteries of textiles.

Looking forward to receiving your report on Andy 988 Cloth. - GJ

Last edited:
I'm hoping you'll be very pleased after you get your new Andy 988 Cloth installed - Will you be sure to keep us updated as to how things work-out for you?

21oz? That's confusing, as the all specs I'm finding list all 3 of the Invitational-Series cloths at 20oz.

Sounds most likely that what you're been playing on is either Championship Invitational #4066 or #3066. Apparently, the #4066 cloth is treated with Teflon; whereas, the #3066 cloth does not receive the Teflon treatment - bath or spray? how they coat the fabric I'm unsure of. However, when you find someone to install your need Andy Cloth, take note if your old Championship Cloth is backed or not. If the cloth is backed, then you have been playing on Championship Invitational #3074.

It seems to me, that a coated cloth should weigh a bit more than an uncoated cloth; so it seems counter-intuitive that both cloths list identical weights at 20oz - but what the heck do I know; I'm just a pool player trying to unravel the secret inner-mysteries of textiles.

Looking forward to receiving your report on Andy 988 Cloth. - GJ
It’s the one with Teflon. It’s probably 20 oz. Once the treatment dries I’m guessing the weight is negligible. Im sure they just got confused. I learned to play on slow 7ft bar tables. I know when I was a kid I would go to other places and play and would get there and be like woah this table is big and fast. I never really knew why or asked. All of this interests me too. I will keep you guys updated.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Simonis will have my business forever.

They have been at this for over 300 years and their cloth is NOT made in China which does matter to me.

Also, Simonis is a BIG sponsor in our sport which also matters to me very much.

I feel like they have earned my loyalty and their misfortune over having a flood shouldn't be the impetus, imo, for a "changing of the guard". If you need cloth and can't find Simonis then, of course, you gotta do what you have to but I personally wouldn't kick them to the curb for good.

btw, if you look you can generally find some but it will require a little digging.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Simonis will have my business forever.

They have been at this for over 300 years and their cloth is NOT made in China which does matter to me.

Also, Simonis is a BIG sponsor in our sport which also matters to me a lot.

I feel like they have earned my loyalty and their misfortune over having a flood shouldn't be the impetus, imo, for a "changing of the guard". If you need cloth and can't find Simonis then, of course, you gotta do what you have to but I personally wouldn't kick them to the curb for good.

btw, if you look you can generally find some but it will require a little digging.

best,
brian kc

Simonis will have my business until I die.

Also, Simonis is a BIG sponsor in our sport which also matters to me a lot.

best,
brian kc
I get it but I have dug deep and as far as me finding 860hr isn’t happening. I wish I could but it just isn’t happening right now. I would rather buy American made. Simonis is made in Belgium and championship in Mexico so I can’t see where Belgium is any better than Taiwan and actually Taiwan doesn’t even consider themselves part of China. It is what it is

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I get it but I have dug deep and as far as me finding 860hr isn’t happening. I wish I could but it just isn’t happening right now. I would rather buy American made. Simonis is made in Belgium and championship in Mexico so I can’t see where Belgium is any better than Taiwan and actually Taiwan doesn’t even consider themselves part of China. It is what it is
Give me Belgium every time... ;)

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Finally got my hands on some of the new HR. It looks great. I installed some regular 860 a week ago, and it stretched and installed as expected. The HR looks just as good. Pre-flood 860HR below the new stuff in the pic.
Uep7wBz.jpeg