Six figure cues....

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Sorry, the guy threatens an industry an you have no problem with that? Whatever, the fact is he has ZERO to stand on in that regard. He has sown his own field and is reaping the rewards.

You should also add that they shouldn't be threatening each other also.. but I guess thats ok since you have one of his cases?

JV

Again, THOMAS WAYNE is the one that threatened to call customs and have them come to cue shows to check my "papers". This is a warning from me to all of you who collect high end cues about HIS THREAT not mine.

This is what he wrote to me in a pm, AFTER he came at me for making an honest mistake crediting someone else with a slogan he claims he invented in the 90s.

"You know John, I've kind of been ignoring you lately, but I see now that may not be an effective solution. Maybe I need to make you a special project.

I still have a good connection in US Customs here in the Anchorage office, and I'm sure I can get a direct referral to a friendly case agent in their Atlanta office. I've been told you may not be complying with every single aspect of the exact letter of the law when it comes to being a foreign commercial exporter, and I know for a fact that is something that ANY local US Customs office finds very interesting. They love to justify their budgets. Maybe I need to put together a very detailed dossier on your known and suspected business practices and see if they think maybe you warrant a closer look.

So you may want to make sure ALL your paperwork is in order for the ICCS event - even if it turns out you don't have anything to hide. If you're going to have Roy bring your cases to the show for you he should probably make sure HIS paperwork is in order - these days the US import/export laws have serious teeth on both sides of the border.

Oh, and that's just one from a whole list of ways I bet I can make your life a lot less fun. So keep f****g with me - it's nothing more than motivation to take action.

TW"

So Joe put your condemnation where it belongs. I am not the one threatening to put customs agents in the middle of a cue show because of bickering on the internet.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
"You know John,

I still have a good connection in US Customs here in the Anchorage office...

TW"

Interesting statement...given all the cues seized by this particular office for allegedly being illegal. Makes me go 'hmmmmm'.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are 6 figure cues really cues or just an expression of art in the shape of a cue? How much could the materials on a 100k+ cue actually cost? I guess in a age when Janet Jackson and Andrew Cherng(Panda Express) are billionaires, a 6 figure cue really means nothing.

golubushka

Silver Member
Are 6 figure cues really cues or just an expression of art in the shape of a cue? How much could the materials on a 100k+ cue actually cost? I guess in a age when Janet Jackson and Andrew Cherng(Panda Express) are billionaires, a 6 figure cue really means nothing.

It's all about supply and demand, I suppose....

golubushka

Silver Member
Richard Black turned down an offer of 82.000 for this cue:
http://www.blackcues.com/gallery_cues/antipodes.shtml

Then at one time he sold sold another cue for 50.000 that was later sold for 300.000.
Don't now which cue it was but it's pretty well past your six figure limit.

There's more here:
http://www.chron.com/entertainment/...-s-creations-are-hardly-sticks-in-1586454.php

I have one of his cues, not expensive, it's my main shooter, and I love it.
For me it is so much more than the other custom cues I have tried.

WOW...I never say that Antipodes cue before, and it has to be one of my all-time favorites, since I really like that type of inlaid wood working....

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with you it looks amazing.
In general I love how he makes so many of his cues non-traditional.
A real breakthrough kinda man with a nice artistic vision, not just doing the standard forearm points and butt decoration to match.
And his cues play fantastic.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I doubt that cue will ever sell for the asked price.

Of course it won't. It has always been more or less a marketing stunt.

The matter of cues in that six figure range essentially has nothing to do with the rest of the market. Most of the rest of us are merely spectators in such matters. Most of what goes on in such dealings is a matter of rumor, legend, and exaggeration anyway. Even most of the dealers and major players in cues that have anything to say about it have never touched such a cue and like the rest of us are merely spectators.

Such matters are mere idle entertainment for most. Only a handful need make any serious consideration of such things.

It's definitely fun to talk about though...just like other such things as million dollar super-cars and private islands...:thumbup:

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
Just a suggestion for everyone....A person works hard to build up a business...Why not keep quite so obamas employees don't take away your hard earned money...There's enough government BS trying to come in under Obama care....I wish everyone well these trying days....

bobforest

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's all about supply and demand, I suppose....

yeah... kind of

If it's a unique cue, then supply=1 and the price could be pretty much anything - directly related to the 'demand'

The 'value' of the cue will be the maximum price that somebody else would be willing to pay for it - the best (but not perfect) way to ascertain this would be by auction with a very large number of potential buyers.

If someone has a cue that they treasure, and they state that they 'wouldn't sell it for less than a million dollars' then the value of that cue is NOT a million dollars (if nobody is prepared to bid a price that high.)

This is also why the value of cues will change with the prevailing economic conditions, and hence why the prices will fluctuate...

Cheers

Bob