Sixteen pool halls in NY win injunction to reopen

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
James Mirmigis won a temporary injunction allowing 16 pool halls in New York to reopen while their lawsuit is heard.

Most of the big rooms in NYC are included.

Looks like Cuomo's death grip on pool has been cracked

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1610765368578.jpg
    FB_IMG_1610765368578.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 239
  • FB_IMG_1610765379308.jpg
    FB_IMG_1610765379308.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 243

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I agree. It’s “wacky” to elect someone who wants to manage the distribution of the vaccine to put an end to the pain, suffering and death from a contagion verses a amateur golfer that has no empathy for the sick and dead.
Under the Trump administration, the Covid vaccines were fast tracked (normally takes years not months to get new drugs through the FDA). My daughter works for Pfizer. She told me in late October the distribution network was being set up for the launch of their vaccine. The production and distribution of Covid vaccine was set up before the election. For Biden to take credit for this is like a rooster taking credit for the sunrise, just because it happened on his watch.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I agree. It’s “wacky” to elect someone who wants to manage the distribution of the vaccine to put an end to the pain, suffering and death from a contagion verses a amateur golfer that has no empathy for the sick and dead.
It’s even wackier to Elect someone who has been in Politics for 47 years and done nothing and expect him to do something now.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mayor Beetlejuice in Chicago has also come out and said that businesses MUST re-open NOW.

What a crock this has been

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Under the Trump administration, the Covid vaccines were fast tracked (normally takes years not months to get new drugs through the FDA). My daughter works for Pfizer. She told me in late October the distribution network was being set up for the launch of their vaccine. The production and distribution of Covid vaccine was set up before the election. For Biden to take credit for this is like a rooster taking credit for the sunrise, just because it happened on his watch.
I asked my friend if her work required her to take the vaccine, she did, but let me know it is no way mandatory due to it NOT being FDA approved...I don't know how correct that is, but she is a RN???

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is great! Good job to the NY pool rooms coming together. This might actually be the first time I've ever heard of the pool industry coming together and doing something good to help themselves. I think the last time it tried to band together was to sue K.T. for non payment of the IPT. I don't think that ever actually happened.

PS, did you guys see the date typo on the last page stating Jan 2020, instead of Jan 2021? I don't feel that bad now sometimes writing the prior year's digits in February:)

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I asked my friend if her work required her to take the vaccine, she did, but let me know it is no way mandatory due to it NOT being FDA approved...I don't know how correct that is, but she is a RN???
Vaccine is absolutely FDA approved.

In this country, so far, you cannot be made to take a vaccine.

That said you'd be s cool to pass on a vaccine that is 95% effective. I had my second vaccination Wednesday. Will be good to know I've cut my odds of getting this by 95%.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Now that NY Pool halls fought off the governor.

How about getting the WPA to sanction the World 14.1 Championship again.

check the stream for more details

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Now that NY Pool halls fought off the governor.

How about getting the WPA to sanction the World 14.1 Championship again.

check the stream for more details
It's difficult to see any relationship between these two matters.

FYI, the Dragon 14.1 event hasn't been WPA sanctioned for over ten years. The difference this year is that WPA made it clear to its playing members that participation would have consequences, making assembly of an elite field near impossible and resulting in cancellation.

If you wanted to bet on whether this event, as proposed and formulated, will achieve WPA sanctioning this year, I suspect you are entitled to 1,000 to 1 odds.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
It's difficult to see any relationship between these two matters.

FYI, the Dragon 14.1 event hasn't been WPA sanctioned for over ten years. The difference this year is that WPA made it clear to its playing members that participation would have consequences, making assembly of an elite field near impossible and resulting in cancellation.

If you wanted to bet on whether this event, as proposed and formulated, will achieve WPA sanctioning this year, I suspect you are entitled to 1,000 to 1 odds.

Fighting the courts

Fighting the sanctioning body

thats what I was going for.

The tournaments are already on the books, why leave them unsanctioned?

The relationship being New York is where Cisero Murphy won the 14.1 championship.
WPA is not allowing players to complete in the 14.1 championship.

Its dysfunctional

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vaccine is absolutely FDA approved.

In this country, so far, you cannot be made to take a vaccine.

That said you'd be s cool to pass on a vaccine that is 95% effective. I had my second vaccination Wednesday. Will be good to know I've cut my odds of getting this by 95%.
Nope. 100% it is not. It is approved as an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA).

Big difference.