Sixteen pool halls in NY win injunction to reopen

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
We're not getting any younger, my friend. go now...next year and you'll be a year older, thus in more danger.

Live now while you can. I was in the pool hall last night with about 200 others, some masked, most not. It was so much fun, I about blew a gasket.

Dear Pool god,
If I die before I wake,
His money there, I had to take.
Awomen,

Jeff Livingston
I won't be prodded into reckless behavior. I can live without pool, but I can't live without my health, so I'll make a decision based on what I see.

KillerBoo

Haha, as an unbiased bystander from Scandinavia I got to say... You guys (americans) have a strange election system, an even stranger new president and the most peculiar soon-to-be expresident
To us here, not so few plane hours away, Trump is.... how do I put it politely...? Weird, strange, a big... dare I say, Joke?

Skickat från min SM-G988B via Tapatalk

surlytempo

Haha, as an unbiased bystander from Scandinavia I got to say... You guys (americans) have a strange election system, an even stranger new president and the most peculiar soon-to-be expresident
To us here, not so few plane hours away, Trump is.... how do I put it politely...? Weird, strange, a big... dare I say, Joke?

BUT WE HAVE FREEDOMS!!

..oh, you have freedoms in Scandinavia too?

.. well shit.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
It was Governor Cuomo Of New York that shutdown pool halls for being to pourous and spreading COVID because of fiber on pool tables.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where I live in Columbia MO we have three colleges and four high schools in a relatively small city. The politicians decided to make teachers the first group to get the vaccine. Due to the large number of teachers in town they used up all of the vaccine. Seniors are still waiting to find out when we can be vaccinated. Wife and I are over 70. She has high blood pressure and takes a hormone blocker as she recovers from cancer. We have no idea when we can get a vaccine.

New York isn't the only place with idiots running the city.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Where I live in Columbia MO we have three colleges and four high schools in a relatively small city. The politicians decided to make teachers the first group to get the vaccine. Due to the large number of teachers in town they used up all of the vaccine. Seniors are still waiting to find out when we can be vaccinated. Wife and I are over 70. She has high blood pressure and takes a hormone blocker as she recovers from cancer. We have no idea when we can get a vaccine.

New York isn't the only place with idiots running the city.
GFs mom is an 86 year old Marine and cant it(NY) but I believe their next group is drug addicts wtf???

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Just got word today that pool halls in Chicago can open tomorrow - with social distancing and no congregating in bar/restaurant areas (food/drinks can be served at pool tables). There goes my private practice peace and quiet...

pj
chgo

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BUT WE HAVE FREEDOMS!!

There is the concept of freedom and there is the concept of benevolance.

During the pandemic one cannot excersize both at the same time.
You can congregate and be a part of harm to other living people,
or you can stay home avoiding harm to yourself and to others.

What would Jesus, Confucious, or Ghandi ask you to do ??

justnum

Silver Member
in new york it cost pool rooms lawyer fees to reopen. its freedom with a cost

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
There is the concept of freedom and there is the concept of benevolance.

During the pandemic one cannot excersize both at the same time.
You can congregate and be a part of harm to other living people,
or you can stay home avoiding harm to yourself and to others.

What would Jesus, Confucious, or Ghandi ask you to do ??
Live your life free, nobody is making other people leave the house

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

The way you put it politely is by going to NPR, Your post has no relationship to the thread topic of pool in New York City.

justnum

Silver Member
Should New York Pool Halls be more politically active? Compared to other states none had to take the governor to court to re open.

Does this mean New York is dead for pool? Maybe open for business, but for other things it is dead.

Tony Robles is not coming back to NYC anytime soon.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fighting the courts

Fighting the sanctioning body

thats what I was going for.

The tournaments are already on the books, why leave them unsanctioned?

The relationship being New York is where Cisero Murphy won the 14.1 championship.
WPA is not allowing players to complete in the 14.1 championship.

Its dysfunctional
Books!?, the library can host the 14.1 event.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok i will do better reporting and share your better researched presentation.
You are NOT reporting, what you do is called spitballing and the dumb stuff you think- read: TYPE- should be embarrassing enough to inspire some self censorship.

But then again, maybe we should count our blessings for what you don't share.

As the saying goes: .if you don't like the things I say, you really wouldn't like the things I don't say.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have Finnish relatives who ask me wtf?! A few times a year.

Unfortunately, the fanatical edges of our society have stolen the microphone from the normal majority.

justnum

Silver Member
You are NOT reporting, what you do is called spitballing and the dumb stuff you think- read: TYPE- should be embarrassing enough to inspire some self censorship.

But then again, maybe we should count our blessings for what you don't share.

As the saying goes: .if you don't like the things I say, you really wouldn't like the things I don't say.

My investigation has given me instincts.

My instincts on the World 14.1 was in partnership with the WPA.
At the time maybe they were courting investors, but they never happened.
Alternate strategy turn Charlie Williams into a patsy.
Should a World 14.1 buyer come along, Charlie Williams is the guy with the title but not WPA level prize money. Makes Charlie the perfect person to help a new owner adjust.

As for the more serious fans that support Charlie Williams not getting sanctioned, I think that is part of the free marketing strategy.

I almost bought it hook line and sinker.

This is my final report on the World 14.1 controversy. There will be no youtube video.

everyone that said Dragon should not be sanctioned is spitballing. I provided two days worth of social media discussion on multiple platforms. so its been peer reviewed.

the unsolved mystery is Would Charlie Williams Sell the World 14.1 event and who would buy it?

Pat Fleming made the American Straight Pool event, if he bought World 14.1 maybe he can do two 14.1 events at different times of the year. Or manage a person to run it.
Do you think Earl Strickland should move into promoting pool events? I like Pat Fleming more for that.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Pat Fleming made the American Straight Pool event, if he bought World 14.1 maybe he can do two 14.1 events at different times of the year. Or manage a person to run it.
Do you just make it up as you go along? The American Straight Pool Championship was created by Peter Burrows, not Pat Fleming.

justnum

Silver Member
Do you just make it up as you go along? The American Straight Pool Championship was created by Peter Burrows, not Pat Fleming.
i got Peter and Pat mistaken. Thanks for clearing that up.

Pat Fleming is famous for accu stats
Peter Burrows is famous for American Straight Pool.