Skins Billiards Update in Atlantic City, NJ

Keith McCready

Pro Player
Today is the second day of the 2-day event. There was a players meeting on Thursday night at 8:00, and the players came and were handed a complimentary gift package from Olhaussen pool tables with a lot of goodies. Really nice present and very much appreciated by all.

The first round was yesterday. Keith McCready had to play the very first game which began yesterday at 1:00 p.m. In his bracket were players Rodney Morris, Niels Feijen, and Jeremy Jones. Keith won the lag against Niels, broke the balls, made a couple and ran out. He won three games in a row! :eek:

Eight players who won the most games advance to today's rounds, which begin at 3:00 p.m. ESPN is here and will be recording the event.

Very ritzy and first-class tournament. Allen Hopkins, Matt Braun, and the whole crew who made this happen are to be commended. I have never seen anything like this before, and I think this is the first of many more to come.

Players today have to win three games in a row which is called a "skin." Each skin is worth money and will elevate in value as the tournament continues. Very exciting here in Atlantic City and just wanted to post a brief update on AzBilliards Discussion Forum! We are having a blast!

JAM [posting under KM's account; cookie laptop problems]

candyman

Matt Heath
Silver Member
Jam as always thanks for the updates you truly are our eyes and ears of these events. Your time and reliability is GREATLY APPRECIATED :p

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
JAM,
Just a note of thanks for the updates. Those of us fanatics that can't make it to these events live them vicariously through your reports and photos. Many thanks.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Keith McCready said:
Today is the second day of the 2-day event. There was a players meeting on Thursday night at 8:00, and the players came and were handed a complimentary gift package from Olhaussen pool tables with a lot of goodies. Really nice present and very much appreciated by all.

The first round was yesterday. Keith McCready had to play the very first game which began yesterday at 1:00 p.m. In his bracket were players Rodney Morris, Niels Feijen, and Jeremy Jones. Keith won the lag against Niels, broke the balls, made a couple and ran out. He won three games in a row! :eek:

Eight players who won the most games advance to today's rounds, which begin at 3:00 p.m. ESPN is here and will be recording the event.

Very ritzy and first-class tournament. Allen Hopkins, Matt Braun, and the whole crew who made this happen are to be commended. I have never seen anything like this before, and I think this is the first of many more to come.

Players today have to win three games in a row which is called a "skin." Each skin is worth money and will elevate in value as the tournament continues. Very exciting here in Atlantic City and just wanted to post a brief update on AzBilliards Discussion Forum! We are having a blast!

JAM [posting under KM's account; cookie laptop problems]

Thanks for the update, JAM. The skins game format was also tried during Allen and Dawn Hopkins' super billiard expo in, I think, 2001. I seem to recall that George "Ginky" SanSouci, Jimmy Fusco, Bob Maidhof, and a few others, participated. It was a fun event for sure!

Hope you're having fun.

Railbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SJM,

Petey Fusco also participated in that skin's game. I was with the Ginkster when the four of them were playing and it was extremely entertaining, alot of fun.

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This certainly is unique idea, I like it. It will be interesting to see if this idea catches on like the ring games did from DCC.

cut shot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kieth and Jam... you can download ccleaner at www. ccleaner.com or major geeks.com. It is a free no spyware program for windows based units. I use it and it works great on my win98!!! It self downloads and installs just tick "open program". Windows keeps a lot of stuff even after deletion and this neat program finds and deletes it. It deleted 18mb off my hard drive...my pc is running great now! Hope this helps!
sniper said:
This certainly is unique idea, I like it. It will be interesting to see if this idea catches on like the ring games did from DCC.

cut shot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kieth and Jam... I forgot to tell you to get Adaware if you don't already have it. It's free and will remove malicious cookies from your registry. These are real nasty boogers that will really mess up your PC!!!
cut shot said:
Kieth and Jam... you can download ccleaner at www. ccleaner.com or major geeks.com. It is a free no spyware program for windows based units. I use it and it works great on my win98!!! It self downloads and installs just tick "open program". Windows keeps a lot of stuff even after deletion and this neat program finds and deletes it. It deleted 18mb off my hard drive...my pc is running great now! Hope this helps!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Cut Shot!

cut shot said:

Not too long ago, I downloaded Spybot Search & Destroy as well as Ad-Aware, both free downloads. I had over 300 files that were put on my computer, unbeknownst to me, which were deleted thanks to both of these software packages. :)

The cookie problems I experience on my laptop are odd. If I am logged in as JAM, I can post freely under my handle. However, if Keith is logged in on AzBilliards Discussion Forum on my laptop, I am unable to log in as JAM unless I delete all cookies from my Temporary Files folder each and every time. It is a pain in the you-know-what to go through this ritual. Many times, just being able to hook up my laptop on the road at certain hotels can be a difficult endeavor because the hotel telephone systems are sometimes not compatible with computers. :rolleyes:

Here is a little tip I learned the hard way. Many times when using a hotel dial-up telephone system for computer hook-ups, I place a comma between each number in the local phone number when dialing in, which will slow down the dialing process, allowing one to hook up successfully! ;)

JAM

Last edited:

NewGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've used Ad-Aware before and while it's a great program it doesn't really get rid of everything. Even after running it and deleting about 400 files I still kept getting pop-ups when I started my browser. The problem is with IE's Browser Helper Objects. BHO's are basically add-ons to IE... stuff like google or yahoo's toolbar. Unfortunately, spammers can use it too to annoy the shit out of you. Fortunately, there's a nice little program called BHODemon that gets rid of the bad BHOs. After I used it, no more pop-ups or spyware.

Link to BHODemon: http://pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,23611,00.asp

Link to an article on removing syware:
http://www.michaelhorowitz.com/removespyware.html