Smorgass Bored Update

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
Barb has received E.T. The owner/shipper made special arrangements to get it out yesterday evening instead of shipping it today.

She knows what to do with it as she has heard the creature story from Doug himself. :D

You make me proud to be a part of your family.

Doug's response to follow as soon as he "sees" it.
JoeyA

Thanks for the update, JoeyA. You are terrific for keeping us all informed.

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
Barb has received E.T. The owner/shipper made special arrangements to get it out yesterday evening instead of shipping it today.

She knows what to do with it as she has heard the creature story from Doug himself. :D

You make me proud to be a part of your family.

Doug's response to follow as soon as he "sees" it.
JoeyA
You make us proud to be part of AZ JoeyA.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
While it is a VERY small difference it is a slightly positive difference: Doug has lost 8 lbs of fluid since being in the hospital. He needs to lose 20-30 lbs more of fluid reading between the lines. They are feeding him lasics (sp?) intravaneously and they had to double the amount they were giving him to make him start losing the fluid. Unfortunately that is the only improvement.

Virtually each day they attempt to do a procedure which is while he is still awake, to run a camera/device inside of his arteries to his heart to look around and find out where the damaged areas are located and to determine how how much damage is there. Now it looks like they will be doing the procedure on Lundi Gras or Mardi Gras. That is of course next Monday and next Tuesday. I suppose the cardiologist will be back from his weekend retreat. Ah hell, I shouldn't begrudge anyone a weekend off. Each time that they have come to get Doug for the procedure, they see that he is unable to lie on his back for even the shortest amount of time without moving and they decide to postpone the procedure.

The procedure takes 2 hours if everything goes right and could take longer. This is not an operation to repair the damage and only an inspection procdure. The way he is breathing and the amount of fluid that is still in his body does not give me a great deal of optimism. I feel badly calling him as it is an exertion just to answer the telephone but he likes to have me call on a regular basis and I do. I normally spend half of my talking time sounding like a marine drill instructor as Doug has a hard head.

He asked me to tell all of you that he has not given up and he is still fighting the good fight. He has been in the hospital for multiple days and about the only positive thing is that he has loss the 8 lbs of fluid. Hopefully, this will continue.

Barb has not given him the ET "creature" just yet as she is waiting for just the right moment, (she is also trying to get rid of a cold that she has) probably to try and scare the doo-doo out of him. It's her call and I would probably try and do the same thing. I don't think she, myself or Doug will be worried if a little awakening moment scares him. He will probably just wake up laughing loudly and start wheezing and they will have to give him oxygen or something.

Anyway, the only improvement has been the loss of the 8lbs as I have already said. It's something and I guess better than nothing but I truly hope he starts losing a LOT of fluid shortly because he is going to have to be in better shape for the procedure. The procedure also requires that you have to lay still 4 hours AFTER the procedure. Right now he cannot lay on his back and most often sits in the chair where he is most comfortable. He is unable to sleep for more than a few minutes at a time and is exhausted all of the time. I just don't know how much longer he can continue languishing like this. He needs to get better in a hurry. I am starting to worry about him catching a cold or some other infection. The hospitals aren't the best places to hang out at.

Doug knows of your good wishes and prayers. Thank you!

That's all there is. Wish it was more good news but it is what it is.

JoeyA

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks!

Thanks Joey! Prayers will continue on this end!

Ray

JoeyA said:
While it is a VERY small difference it is a slightly positive difference: Doug has lost 8 lbs of fluid since being in the hospital. He needs to lose 20-30 lbs more of fluid reading between the lines. They are feeding him lasics (sp?) intravaneously and they had to double the amount they were giving him to make him start losing the fluid. Unfortunately that is the only improvement.

Virtually each day they attempt to do a procedure which is while he is still awake, to run a camera/device inside of his arteries to his heart to look around and find out where the damaged areas are located and to determine how how much damage is there. Now it looks like they will be doing the procedure on Lundi Gras or Mardi Gras. That is of course next Monday and next Tuesday. I suppose the cardiologist will be back from his weekend retreat. Ah hell, I shouldn't begrudge anyone a weekend off. Each time that they have come to get Doug for the procedure, they see that he is unable to lie on his back for even the shortest amount of time without moving and they decide to postpone the procedure.

The procedure takes 2 hours if everything goes right and could take longer. This is not an operation to repair the damage and only an inspection procdure. The way he is breathing and the amount of fluid that is still in his body does not give me a great deal of optimism. I feel badly calling him as it is an exertion just to answer the telephone but he likes to have me call on a regular basis and I do. I normally spend half of my talking time sounding like a marine drill instructor as Doug has a hard head.

He asked me to tell all of you that he has not given up and he is still fighting the good fight. He has been in the hospital for multiple days and about the only positive thing is that he has loss the 8 lbs of fluid. Hopefully, this will continue.

Barb has not given him the ET "creature" just yet as she is waiting for just the right moment, (she is also trying to get rid of a cold that she has) probably to try and scare the doo-doo out of him. It's her call and I would probably try and do the same thing. I don't think she, myself or Doug will be worried if a little awakening moment scares him. He will probably just wake up laughing loudly and start wheezing and they will have to give him oxygen or something.

Anyway, the only improvement has been the loss of the 8lbs as I have already said. It's something and I guess better than nothing but I truly hope he starts losing a LOT of fluid shortly because he is going to have to be in better shape for the procedure. The procedure also requires that you have to lay still 4 hours AFTER the procedure. Right now he cannot lay on his back and most often sits in the chair where he is most comfortable. He is unable to sleep for more than a few minutes at a time and is exhausted all of the time. I just don't know how much longer he can continue languishing like this. He needs to get better in a hurry. I am starting to worry about him catching a cold or some other infection. The hospitals aren't the best places to hang out at.

JoeyA

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
JoeyA said:

[highlight]He asked me to tell all of you that he has not given up and he is still fighting the good fight.[/highlight] He has been in the hospital for multiple days and about the only positive thing is that he has loss the 8 lbs of fluid. Hopefully, this will continue.

JoeyA

[size=+2]That's what I wanted to hear -- thanks for the update sir![/size]

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
Can we rally the Green Rep to Joey to take him to #2 on the rep list????? Don't be stingy with that rep......

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Stop making the nurses work for their Mardi Gras beads, Smorg! (the secret's out!lol)

The Saw said:
Can we rally the Green Rep to Joey to take him to #2 on the rep list????? Don't be stingy with that rep......

Already sent him a green bomb from my end.....

Thanks for the updates Joey!

Prayers are rolling out from our end, as well.....

Stop hitting on the nurses Doug and hurry up and get things right so I can teach you how to lose at poker! (I'm a grand master at that one at least!:D )
But I'm not paying you for your "Bob"......

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
The Saw said:

Been trying but keep getting this response from the insensitive robot: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JoeyA again." Dad-burn tin man!

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member
Thanks Joey.

Looks like his attitude has made a positive change as well as loosing the 8 lbs of fluid. The mind is a powerful tool when it is engaged to fight the good fight.

avmaster

Man of Reason
Gold Member
Silver Member
JoeyA said:

JoeyA

Thanks Joey.... The Smorg is the Master..................:thumbup:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
A little better news.

Doug is now on Ambience CR and he is able to sleep a little bit more. The doctors and nurses wake him up every hour for this test or that test. His potassium levels are low and they are now treating him for that.

Barbara says that she can look at Doug's face to see that the fluid levels are dropping. Also some other problems are being addressed and small progresses are being made.

Barbara has decided to wait until they do the procedure before doing the close encounters of the AZ kind, with the "AZ Creature". I guess she figures that it will give him something to go off into dream land to think about. While they may not put him completely under (if they are ever able to do the procedure) I'm sure they will be stoking him with pain relievers. Maybe he will come back to us with stories about being abducted by aliens and will tell of all of the horrible "operations" they performed on him. :D

I didn't have a chance to scold Doug today (as he was tired) and miss being able to chew his azz out about sticking to the plan and letting the doctors do their job and such. lol There's always tomorrow after he gets more rest. :smile:

JoeyA

avmaster

Man of Reason
Gold Member
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
Doug is now on Ambience CR and he is able to sleep a little bit more. The doctors and nurses wake him up every hour for this test or that test. His potassium levels are low and they are now treating him for that.

Barbara says that she can look at Doug's face to see that the fluid levels are dropping. Also some other problems are being addressed and small progresses are being made.

Barbara has decided to wait until they do the procedure before doing the close encounters of the AZ kind, with the "AZ Creature". I guess she figures that it will give him something to go off into dream land to think about. While they may not put him completely under (if they are ever able to do the procedure) I'm sure they will be stoking him with pain relievers. Maybe he will come back to us with stories about being abducted by aliens and will tell of all of the horrible "operations" they performed on him. :D

I didn't have a chance to scold Doug today (as he was tired) and miss being able to chew his azz out about sticking to the plan and letting the doctors do their job and such. lol There's always tomorrow after he gets more rest. :smile:

JoeyA

Once again, thanks for the update Joey..........

ScottW

Fo' shizzle!
Silver Member
Sounds like some semi-good news. Hospital stays aren't fun - my dad's been in the hospital the last few days, and I just now got the call that he's being discharged and I can pick him up in an hour.

Here's hoping things improve for Smorg.