Smorgass Bored Update

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Thanks for the story Joey!

Buddha - who comes up with these crazy nicks? Too crazy to be fiction!

Hey, u wrote "He divvied up..." Buddha was paying off to Tampa-Tubby? (don't know if Doug had grown a "Bob" by then) That says a lot about trusting Smorg!

Thanks for the tip on not playing you drunk, btw. ;)

I received a phone call from Doug this afternoon while playing in Buffalo Billiards, free, handicapped one pockt tournament. He sounded terrible and it was hard to understand him.

Doug has always had a keen mind for numbers, odds, cards, bets etc and today proved no different. Smorgass Bored has been known to correct me on more than one occasion about many things. Tampa-Tubby-Bob had to call and correct me about the episode with Buddha. The bet did start at $20 a set but escalated to $100 a set (race to 3). We were $600 up and Doug asked Buddha to play for $200 and that apparently broke Buddha will and at that time, Buddha said he had enough.

Doug always wanting to set the record straight....

Doug was brief and didn't talk long. He said he wasn't feeling well and said good-by but not before telling me to tell all of you that he thinks the world of all of you.

I might not always get the story straight but I sometimes do get the cash. :wink:

BTW, DOUG WAS THE STAKE HORSE. I was just carrying the load. FTR, he was pretty light for a man of his size and girth. His wallet was a little fatter for the trip. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Doug said he had a video of me that night playing Buddha drunk as a skunk. lol I never saw the video but he did have a video camera with him on that trip so I don't doubt he taped me holding onto the table for support. :grin:
JoeyA

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
hi smorgie...

i have no words to say...

i must leave it to this...

"i hope you can feel what is in my heart & mind:
and the hearts & minds of so many; ALL of US."

always know forever and a day...

you are a BELOVED FRIEND to US ALL

i just can pray and hope tomorrow will be a better day.

G-d Bless and all the best,
miles

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
The sooner the better -- got me all excited!

If Barbara can find the tape, I will convert it and put it on youtube for everyone to watch. We need a fitting title something a little better than, "Smorgass Bored goes to New Orleans". :D Any thoughts?
JoeyA

Pii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Barbara can find the tape, I will convert it and put it on youtube for everyone to watch. We need a fitting title something a little better than, "Smorgass Bored goes to New Orleans". :D Any thoughts?
JoeyA

OK how about "Smorgass Bored goes to New Orleans and JoeyA gets Sh*TFaced":thumbup:

BigDogatLarge

Da pool gods are laughin'
Silver Member
JoeyA

with a small edit; ~>*(((>< Big fish use a Little fish ><)))*<~

with permission, of course...

Dwight

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JoeyA

Well let's see what great hustle movies we have

The Sting
The Hustler
The Color of Money
The Great Escape

So if you add Smorgies name you get
The Smorgie Stinger
The Smorgie hustle
The Color of Smorg
THe Great Smorg

Okay I need more time and way more coffee.
hugs
mrs.g

BigDogatLarge

Da pool gods are laughin'
Silver Member
Well let's see what great hustle movies we have

The Sting
The Hustler
The Color of Money
The Great Escape

So if you add Smorgies name you get
The Smorgie Stinger
The Smorgie hustle
The Color of Smorg
THe Great Smorg

Okay I need more time and way more coffee.
hugs
mrs.g

Try a coulpa shots of expresso as well... :killingme: I think I can hear some disco music... :dance:

Dwight

jackson

"The Sleekly Drifter"
Silver Member
JoeyA

"Smorg pockets the Big Easy" - Jackson

AuntyDan

/* Insert skill here */
Silver Member
How about:

"Two Brothers and a Swedish buffet"

Other than this, I have nothing else to contribute but to send my best wishes and prayers to Smorg and his family, and this one thought:

Dammit (imo)

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Numero Uno Smorg does the Big Easy
My thoughts & prayers go out to Smorg & his family
in this tuff time. Thanks for the updates Joey.
Jeff

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joey,
You and so many others here have been such good support and friends over the years and I treasure each and every one of you.

The results of the test were not encouraging and the course that the VA has planned is unacceptable.I have no life, no joys, no comfort and no sense of humor.

I have reached a decision. I'm tired and worn out and no longer have the strength, energy or willpower to continue the battle.

I pray that my online friends can forgive me and have enjoyed the ride. half as much as I have.

I love you all,
Doug

*Please try to help my wife Babarba through these difficult times. I have taught her how to log on under my account.

God bless you, Smorgie. I am sure going to miss you.