Smorgass Bored Update

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
What a thread, deserves a few Academy Awards.

God bless you, Smorg.

Jimmy

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Thanks to all of you who remember Smorgass Bored.

Tampa Tubby, still my all time favorite poster.... Godspeed Smorg.

I always wondered why he chose me as his friend. He would take his annual vacation just to come hang out with me when I wasn't working or just come watch me play pool in a tournament.

Over a lifetime, different people become your friends and sometimes they pass like Doug, move or just move on but do you ever wonder how you came to be friends with your friends.

With Doug, it was peculiar because we didn't know each other here in New Orleans and became acquainted with each other through the newsgroup, RSB (rec.sport.billiard) and then AZB and finally in person on one of his "vacations". Truly an original.

Just now, I started writing about something I thought Doug would want me to write about and I erased it all. It had something to do with developing good health habits and such but Doug more likely would have wanted me to remember that we all deserve to have a good time while we are here.

Thank you for your friendship Doug. I remember you.

JoeyA

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tap tap tap....

smorg lives on... thanks for sharing Joey... I think we all felt a loss,
and I am so sorry for yours!!

Take care... life is short.

td

Mike_Mason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I miss Smorg...

Smorg gave me my first greenies. He posted original, funny, interesting, and so many other positive adjectives that I could think of...words that meant something to me and to many others. He demonstrated a big heart and is at the top of my list of all-time AZ posters. I didn't know him personally but there is a part of Smorg that has touched me and I will remember him and miss him. - Mike

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
i would post for KK9, but i don't have his permission. so i will state, that everything KK9 has EVER told me about "SMORG", has been of the upmost respect & highly revered - as well as loved.
:smiling-heart:

JoeyA

Silver Member
I'm going to have a good time this weekend and will remember you in doing so.

JoeyA

I always wondered why he chose me as his friend. He would take his annual vacation just to come hang out with me when I wasn't working or just come watch me play pool in a tournament.

Over a lifetime, different people become your friends and sometimes they pass like Doug, move or just move on but do you ever wonder how you came to be friends with your friends.

With Doug, it was peculiar because we didn't know each other here in New Orleans and became acquainted with each other through the newsgroup, RSB (rec.sport.billiard) and then AZB and finally in person on one of his "vacations". Truly an original.

Just now, I started writing about something I thought Doug would want me to write about and I erased it all. It had something to do with developing good health habits and such but Doug more likely would have wanted me to remember that we all deserve to have a good time while we are here.

Thank you for your friendship Doug. I remember you.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
And where has Smokey been these days?

JoeyA

i have no words to say...

i must leave it to this...

"i hope you can feel what is in my heart & mind:
and the hearts & minds of so many; ALL of US."

always know forever and a day...

you are a BELOVED FRIEND to US ALL

i just can pray and hope tomorrow will be a better day.

G-d Bless and all the best,
miles

JoeyA

Silver Member
the last time i heard from Miles, was DEC 24. and yes, it was profound....

That's interesting. The system shows Miles hasn't posted since September 2014. Oh maybe you're talking about some other communication. My bad.

joeyA

jackson

"The Sleekly Drifter"
Silver Member
Don't believe there will ever be a person who was more beloved, admired and respected on any forum as Smorg was...his way of getting to the heart of the matter through humor has no equal...you always knew when there was a thread that was starting to get controversial or had been hijacked, Smorg would jump in with both feet...hope you're enjoying life in the hereafter Smorg:angel2:...we miss ya!

Jackson

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
And where has Smokey been these days?

JoeyA

i guessed i better check in to azb - lo and behold...
hey JoeyA; hey PINKLADY

i re-read the whole thread, it brought sadness, but also memories of eagerly logging on every morning and usually lol at doug's remarks. i learned by buying a new keyboard not to drink my morning coffee while reading one of doug's posts.

sad the newer guys and girls missed doug. it was truly amazing to me and an awful lot of others too just how unique his personality and humor could be

i remember doug taking the time to tell me... it was over.
i remember feeling at the time: "alea iacta est" = "the die is cast"

remember this? - http://forums.azbilliards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=377310&stc=1&d=1425909053

and all the "(imo)"?

and this? - http://forums.azbilliards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=377311&stc=1&d=1425910879

all in all, as you, i wish he was still posting.
all in all, as you, i miss him still - a lot

he was unique - one of a kind - that i feel we are all better off for knowing him

thanks for bringing up this thread to all that posted; sad to remember the sadness but great to remember our friend...

all the best,
smokey

ps - i hope i did the pix correctly

Attachments

• igor from smokey.jpg
    igor from smokey.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 389

olauzon

HANK THE TANK
Silver Member
Me too miss Doug something silly, but of course it's a good missing, imo. I think of him every time I check in here.