Smorgass Bored

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Our friend............

i was known here as a hot head, but be warned i am also really, really smart and really, really truthful...

here's the deal - just so you know smorgie

AZ has let you fall to the 15th position of GREEN!!!!

after all you gave here, and even died here, nobody is showing the respect you deserve - i'm appalled

smorgie, i came here to tell you something and i want to share it with you my old friend even through the above heartache:

i just became a grandfather my friend!

Mike, Brandy, Dave - i am so shocked - this is a shame for all of us

just my opinion - smorgie should always be the Rep King! PERIOD!!!!

wish you all well,
smokey

Miles,
Our friend, Tampa-Tubby-Bob-SmorgassBored-Doug had fun with REP and for those of us who knew him he will always be the KING OF REP.

Many of the new people will never know of Doug or the joy he brought to many of us with his wit and charm. It is what it is.

Our memory of Doug will last as long as we last and that's about it. He wasn't immortal and neither are we.

In his last days, he confided in me that he no longer cared about REP, the forum or anything else that previously mattered to him, except for his wife Barbara. It was the illnesses that beat him down at the end and they will beat us all down in the end as well.

Don't beat yourself up because he can't be kept at his elevated position as KING OF REP. He will always be the KING OF REP in our eyes.

Thanks for remembering a really nice guy.

And congratulations on becoming a grandfather! :dance:

Your friend,

Reactions: sde

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Smorg is tied for number one

Smokey,

Through the recent efforts of quite a few people Smorg is forever tied for #1 in rep unless the software itself is changed. Everyone who has limited out the rep counter is now listed in alphabetical order when you sort by rep. Smorg hasn't fallen in rep at all, he is at the very top!

What you could do is talk to Admin or start a petition to have Smorgass Bored's name changed to !!!!!! Smorgass Bored !!!!!! For some reason I guess because it is the shifted character for the number 1, exclamation marks are the top of the heap in alphabetical order here, the more of them the better in the beginning of a name.

I don't think that Smorg had too much over a million points when we lost him. He now has over 2.147 billion points. He isn't forgotten!

Hu

i was known here as a hot head, but be warned i am also really, really smart and really, really truthful...

here's the deal - just so you know smorgie

AZ has let you fall to the 15th position of GREEN!!!!

after all you gave here, and even died here, nobody is showing the respect you deserve - i'm appalled

smorgie, i came here to tell you something and i want to share it with you my old friend even through the above heartache:

i just became a grandfather my friend!

Mike, Brandy, Dave - i am so shocked - this is a shame for all of us

just my opinion - smorgie should always be the Rep King! PERIOD!!!!

wish you all well,
smokey

avmaster

Man of Reason
Gold Member
Silver Member
Smokey,

Through the recent efforts of quite a few people Smorg is forever tied for #1 in rep unless the software itself is changed. Everyone who has limited out the rep counter is now listed in alphabetical order when you sort by rep. Smorg hasn't fallen in rep at all, he is at the very top!

What you could do is talk to Admin or start a petition to have Smorgass Bored's name changed to !!!!!! Smorgass Bored !!!!!! For some reason I guess because it is the shifted character for the number 1, exclamation marks are the top of the heap in alphabetical order here, the more of them the better in the beginning of a name.

I don't think that Smorg had too much over a million points when we lost him. He now has over 2.147 billion points. He isn't forgotten!

Hu

I should add for Hu, Smog is on top of the list, He is once again the rep King. I am using my 2.+ billion to keep him pumped up there...........:cool:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy Birthday, Smorgie. It's raining cats and dogs today. You are on my mind and I do miss your friendship. My daughter and I will be celebrating her birthday today by going out to dinner at Clyde's in Georgetown. You will be with me in spirit, my friend.

RIP! Save me a place on the rail in heaven! :angel2:

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Barbara, I hope you're ok today. None of us misses Doug the way you do, but we miss him all the same. Take care.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die.

Thinking about you today, Smorgie! :angel2:

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member

This Thomas Campbell quote is on my father's grave site --- I cannot think of better place to have it then here --- thanks for that JAM!!

Doug was one special guy for sure.

In the hearts of many, he still is! Thanks you two :thumbup: ... starting out the day and the week thinking of the "Big Fish" and his many words of wisdom will hopefully enable me to keep a positive outlook.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Happy Birthday, Smorgie. It's raining cats and dogs today. You are on my mind and I do miss your friendship. My daughter and I will be celebrating her birthday today by going out to dinner at Clyde's in Georgetown. You will be with me in spirit, my friend.

RIP! Save me a place on the rail in heaven! :angel2:

Amen and AMEN.

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
hey JAM

SO SO TRUE

i see so many new names today, i guess they never knew Smorgie

i can only tell them that 'you' missed a "one and only"

all the best old friends,
smokey

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
hey smorgie...

it's been a while now...

but you are still with me

rip doug...

G-d bless,
smokey

Last edited:

JoeyA

Silver Member
it's been a while now...

but you are still with me

rip doug...

g-d bless,
smokey

I thought about our friend the other day and how he often followed my tournament trail, using his humor and friendship sharing with others what he felt and what he saw, sometimes giving JoeyA a little needle, but always with the friendship of true humor. He even made me laugh at myself and that is a good thing.

Smokey, thanks for remembering Doug.

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
hey JoeyA...

I thought about our friend the other day and how he often followed my tournament trail, using his humor and friendship sharing with others what he felt and what he saw, sometimes giving JoeyA a little needle, but always with the friendship of true humor. He even made me laugh at myself and that is a good thing.

Smokey, thanks for remembering Doug.

yeah, he gave us all "NEEDLES".

and sometimes they were "dull and painful"... [imo]

anyway you are about to have your 14th thousand post and that made me realize that Doug gave me and all of us more than 14 thousand laughs and many times at ourselves.

he had a way with people, a way that i could never learn if i studied for eternity.

all the best my friend, Doug's friend,
smokey

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thinking of you today, my friend. Save a seat for me on the rail! RIP, Smorgie! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
thinking about Smorg yesterday

Had to gut the bottom four feet of my home following Isaac. Furniture, appliances, personal possessions, on and on. Haul all this into the front yard along with the walls and possessions of all my neighbors for a mile or two around in the subdivision.

Every evening the vultures come. People driving brand new vehicles pick through everything looking for anything of value. A hundred years of memories and personal possessions mixed in that pile and after awhile you get tired of the vultures prying through the remains of your life. Legally you have abandoned everything between the sidewalk and curb but these people come all the way to your front door, walking right by you as if they are entitled. Been running them off for days, some nicely, some of the pushier ones not so nicely.

Yesterday my brother had a stroke of pure genius! I have a gallon or so of dye cooncentrate, I think it is enough to cover twenty acres or more. Blood red dye! As I applied coat after coat to everything left in my front yard I was thinking about Doug and what a kick he would have gotten out of the story!

I'll be marketing Hu and Mike's Picker Preventive Pro 3X just shortly. :thumbup:

Hu

JoeyA

Silver Member
Had to gut the bottom four feet of my home following Isaac. Furniture, appliances, personal possessions, on and on. Haul all this into the front yard along with the walls and possessions of all my neighbors for a mile or two around in the subdivision.

Every evening the vultures come. People driving brand new vehicles pick through everything looking for anything of value. A hundred years of memories and personal possessions mixed in that pile and after awhile you get tired of the vultures prying through the remains of your life. Legally you have abandoned everything between the sidewalk and curb but these people come all the way to your front door, walking right by you as if they are entitled. Been running them off for days, some nicely, some of the pushier ones not so nicely.

Yesterday my brother had a stroke of pure genius! I have a gallon or so of dye cooncentrate, I think it is enough to cover twenty acres or more. Blood red dye! As I applied coat after coat to everything left in my front yard I was thinking about Doug and what a kick he would have gotten out of the story!

I'll be marketing Hu and Mike's Picker Preventive Pro 3X just shortly. :thumbup:

Hu

That was something Doug would have liked for sure. :D