Snooker player Shaun Murphy says Amateurs shouldnt be allowed to play with pros....

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Murphy should be awarded a T-shirt as trophy for Worst Whine of the century (just because centurys are big in snooker).
I once won an excuse T-shirt, for first couple out in scotch doubles. It was a fun event in Woodinville. McCorrie's On the Slough.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
It seems Ding is playing like an awakened Dragon. 3-3.
I remember Ronnie showing a Big Brother affection for Ding.

• Love
Reactions: JAM

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
The British call it Bottle. We called it Intestinal Fortitude. Then of course there's Big Balls.
Craigie fires back. Fight On

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great play by vafei to knock selby 6-2. he does have a very good timing in his stroke.

i occasionally speak with a friend of vafei, who also used to practice with him, and he has said for years that vafei is under-ranked, mainly because of the visa situation. i guess i should've listened more closely and placed some good bets.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
great play by vafei to knock selby 6-2. he does have a very good timing in his stroke.

i occasionally speak with a friend of vafei, who also used to practice with him, and he has said for years that vafei is under-ranked, mainly because of the visa situation. i guess i should've listened more closely and placed some good bets.
Don't you just hate when that happens? ;) I saw the score early and regret not getting to watch. Expect the Digest version to be on YouTube soon. Definitely want to see that.
This is the first time for Craigie to get to the third round. I could relate to the nerves. Quite an accomplishment.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... i occasionally speak with a friend of vafaei, who also used to practice with him, and he has said for years that vafaei is under-ranked, mainly because of the visa situation. i guess i should've listened more closely and placed some good bets.
I see that the odds were 5/1. I saw part of it and it seemed like Vafaei was holding his own in the safeties, which is not so easy against Selby.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see that the odds were 5/1. I saw part of it and it seemed like Vafaei was holding his own in the safeties, which is not so easy against Selby.
he also beat o'sullivan 5-0 some weeks ago. playing way above his ranking but bookies will take note now i think.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check out the tip on Mark King's cue.

Mark King tip.png

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Missed the match but The post match interview with Ronnie gives some insight into the thoughts of a Champion.
I have noticed lots of mushroom tips on snooker cues but King is playing with the most extreme I have seen. My guess would be solid on center strike and just a little flex or more grip at the extreme off center strikes.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Check out the tip on Mark King's cue.
Perhaps it is an optical illusion but that ferrule looks smaller than the shaft as well so the tip, the ferrule, and the shaft are all three different diameters. Mark King doesn't seem to get bothered by much when it comes to his equipment lol.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps it is an optical illusion but that ferrule looks smaller than the shaft as well so the tip, the ferrule, and the shaft are all three different diameters. Mark King doesn't seem to get bothered by much when it comes to his equipment lol.
It actually is smaller. The commentators were remarking how you could hear a distinctive sound when it hit balls, and that he likes the big "mushroom" tip more mushroomed than most. :p

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It actually is smaller. The commentators were remarking how you could hear a distinctive sound when it hit balls, and that he likes the big "mushroom" tip more mushroomed than most. :p
Fred Davis, years ago, the difference was greater...11 mm tip on a 9 mm ferrule.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you look closer, the tip isnt mushroomed. It's a larger diameter done on purpose. There is no way you could mushroom a tip that much.
The commentator used the term "mushroom," which is why I used it. I'm sure you are correct. :giggle:

Last edited: