Spot shot no rail?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I heard of Ronnie Allen shooting it one handed at Whitey's place in Tacoma, for all the money anyone wanted to bet with one attempt only. The pockets of the table were full of money. And he did execute it.:thumbup:
Which shot? We seem to be discussing several.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The no-rail spot shot is much easier if the cue ball is light. There are a lot of light cue balls in play. If you try the shot, remember to use the 15 as your object ball.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
Here is my take on this shot

picture.php

Cue ball not hitting a rail.

Lesh

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I always thought you HAD to slightly masse the no-rail spotshot. It's pretty easy if you use
just a hair of low inside and elevate just an inch or two. You play the swerve and end up hitting
fairly full. Had no idea you could just level cue it.

WTF is that other shot they're doing. Corey is elevating it seems like?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8KsVm9ePlk&t=1124

androd

androd
Silver Member
Thanks. The way Ronnie Allen played one-handed, I don't think it was much of a handicap on that shot.

Jersey Red made it most every time. He used extreme English and drug the CB with it spinning backwards almost all the way, only beginning to turn forward just before it hit the OB. sometimes the CB ended several inches from the rail.
Rod.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, I thought this shot was impossible unless you shot it like Corey (masse), until I saw the slow roll video in this thread. So i just tried it myself on my 9' with 860, and on my second try I pocketed the ball, and the CB's edge is 8.5" away from the nose of the cushion.

Treyf123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
spot shot

A few years ago there was quite a bit of action in a pool hall my dad owned a younger player 19 or 20 at the time named Adam Pendley came up to play and ended up betting on that masse spot shot and hit it better than any1 ive ever seen was AMAZING cue ball would stop dead was just awesome

Wow, I thought this shot was impossible unless you shot it like Corey (masse), until I saw the slow roll video in this thread. So i just tried it myself on my 9' with 860, and on my second try I pocketed the ball, and the CB's edge is 8.5" away from the nose of the cushion.

Its a drag draw shot where there is just a slight amount of draw/through to spin in the object ball. Transfers energy to object balll and kills cueball.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its a drag draw shot where there is just a slight amount of draw/through to spin in the object ball. Transfers energy to object balll and kills cueball.

I shot it pure top centerball. CB starting position was its front edge behind the line and it's side edge frozen on the cushion.