stains from greasy food

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
Tour blue simmonis looks like black grease feels sticky like chicken wing grease Hotdog juice. Anybody have ideas other then woolite to do cleaning like this on poolhall tables. I will be changing the cloth out anyways thought I would try some new ideas on cleaners or solutions.

I rebuilt most of his tables last year but he found someone cheaper and wrecked four tables the usual not fixing rail rubber replacing facing most real tune up stuff. So he wants me back to do all of them again. All the customers love the tables that were rerubbered. the rest played horrible by a hack, so here we go again 12 tables again half fine tune+ rest just recover with a fine tune.

I owe thanks to some people on here and Realkingcobra for fine tunning me with his glue down method thats what got me back into doing poolhalls again. I didnt like competing with hacks for thin cash.

Quality over quanity,

Craig

Rob_jerrylee

Bustamante's # 1 fan
Silver Member
I know of one that I've tryed on my own Simonis cloth on my table soft wool detergent and white vinegar in warm water has worked great , but I can say that it was from food that I should have not had in my pool area but it worked great for me .:thumbup:

SlateHumper

Pokin' and Hopin'
Silver Member
stains

go to your local auto parts store. get " brake parts cleaner" in a spray can. it has a lot of the same chemicals as used in dry cleaning. drys clean and clear

Bigjohn

Support Our Troops!
Silver Member
go to your local auto parts store. get " brake parts cleaner" in a spray can. it has a lot of the same chemicals as used in dry cleaning. drys clean and clear

... but you better take your table outside to do it;)

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
Tour blue simmonis looks like black grease feels sticky like chicken wing grease Hotdog juice. Anybody have ideas other then woolite to do cleaning like this on poolhall tables. I will be changing the cloth out anyways thought I would try some new ideas on cleaners or solutions.

Craig

Would you say that the blue color does not fare as well as conventional green in a pool room?

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
Thanks I was thinking vinegar and woollite but never thought about brake cleaner good idea. I did think of laquer thinner with fst flash rate.

The new simmonis has uv inhibiter in it for less fading this table was from the fist batch when it came out.

Thanks for the ideas i will try some and see what happens the table has 5-6 spots on it around a fifty cent size to a palm size spot.

Criag

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I've got a problem with some grease (I think it is from a motorcycle chain) and am struggling with how to get it out. I'm afraid of putting anything wet on the cloth for fear of just spreading the grease and not only ending up with a bigger spot, but leaving a ring as well.

I'm thinking of just dry rubbing it out as best I can with a towel.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Dartman

Silver Member
I've got a problem with some grease (I think it is from a motorcycle chain) and am struggling with how to get it out. I'm afraid of putting anything wet on the cloth for fear of just spreading the grease and not only ending up with a bigger spot, but leaving a ring as well.

Thanks.

Rather then "try this - try that" call the manufacturer for a solution.
800-SIMONIS and talk to Felice at Ext. 21 or ask for Ivan

Donny Wessels

Silver Member

Thanks.

Mitchel, we just talked about this. When I saw the tittle, I thought you had posted it.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
table stain

Thanks I was thinking vinegar and woollite but never thought about brake cleaner good idea. I did think of laquer thinner with fst flash rate.

The new simmonis has uv inhibiter in it for less fading this table was from the fist batch when it came out.

Thanks for the ideas i will try some and see what happens the table has 5-6 spots on it around a fifty cent size to a palm size spot.

Criag

-
-
I would try to use CRC electronic cleaner, it works great on stains of all types .. anyone tryed out CRC industrial spray adhesive?
-
Rob.M