Stan shuffet and cte pro one

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think a lot of times it's not close-mindedness or know-it-all attitudes. It's just how some brains are wired. Some people just need more concrete data than others to justify reprogramming or making any changes to how their brain learns and adapts to new info.

If those people aren't willing to learn and adapt then they should just go away.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan has brought a lot of that on himself by being either unwilling or unable to answer simple questions about his system. Also his visceral reactions to any questions or comments, to include name-calling and straight up temper tantrum style retorts were and are not helpful to his cause.
I was actually considering ordering some of his stuff, until I saw how he treated people on this forum...he's like the Donald Trump of pool video sales...maybe he is the best there ever was, but his treatment of people that simply have questions was appalling.
I still may buy his book, if only because those that have personal experiences with him say things such as you have, and I know the internet can be a pretty cruel place...especially if you have no tact whatsoever. Just wish the guy was nicer in situations where people are authentically asking meaningful questions about his system, that would make the decision much easier.
He does not post here anymore, so you will not be annoyed or offended again.
I am a friend of his. He is busy with his work.
:thumbup:

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are a newby. If you knew the whole story of how he has been treated by the haters you would sing a different tune

Yes...being new to a forum can totally ruin a person's ability to know when someone else is being an @ss...that makes perfect sense.

The whole story doesn't matter to me, I can read, see and understand who all of the antagonists are. If you think your boy isn't one of the worst offenders in that regard, then you have blinders on.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
If those people aren't willing to learn and adapt then they should just go away.

Ah....you mean "learn and adapt" in accordance with how your brain learns and adapts. Some people have the ability to simply do as told, to follow instructions without question or compromise. I'd say most people are this way. I envy them a little, because I believe they have an advantage in learning basic things that my mind tends to over-analyze. But this over-analyzing approach is directly related to a person's creative ability. And though most people have a little of this also, it doesn't steer their learning process.

Simple put, there is no cure for curiosity. And those afflicted with it shouldn't automatically be typecast as troublemakers or pot stirrers just because we follow an Occam's Razor approach to learning.

sbordona

Registered
After reading some of these threads I fully understand why Stan has removed himself from this forum. I have never understood why people who disagree need to constantly expel hate and discontent against someone who they disagree with.

The man is the real deal I know from first hand experience. I had PM him in the past with an issue I was having with CTE PRO 1 and he respond quickly and gave me some good advice on correcting the problem I was having.

Its a shame that this forum has lost Stan and the knowledge he has to offer. There are always people who need to make trouble where there isn't any, and you know who you are.

I just don't understand why this forums administrator allows this bantering back and forth. This isn't productive or meaningful to anyone, except for the people who just like to sh_t on someone. I would hope that the forums admin will re-think their position on this type of activity that's taking place here and put a stop to it.

If this continues to be how things are handled here I think I will join Stan and avoid this forum also.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes...being new to a forum can totally ruin a person's ability to know when someone else is being an @ss...that makes perfect sense.

The whole story doesn't matter to me, I can read, see and understand who all of the antagonists are. If you think your boy isn't one of the worst offenders in that regard, then you have blinders on.

No, Stan fires back also. Who wouldn't after 20 years of bullshit thrown your way

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ah....you mean "learn and adapt" in accordance with how your brain learns and adapts. Some people have the ability to simply do as told, to follow instructions without question or compromise. I'd say most people are this way. I envy them a little, because I believe they have an advantage in learning basic things that my mind tends to over-analyze. But this over-analyzing approach is directly related to a person's creative ability. And though most people have a little of this also, it doesn't steer their learning process.

Simple put, there is no cure for curiosity. And those afflicted with it shouldn't automatically be typecast as troublemakers or pot stirrers just because we follow an Occam's Razor approach to learning.

If you are curious and want to over analyze, shouldn't you go all in to totally learn it first.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you are curious and want to over analyze, shouldn't you go all in to totally learn it first.

Lol. The reason I am analyzing it is because I am curious as to why I don't easily get it. If it were truly objective in every step then anyone with a decent stroke would pick it up white easily. But according to successful users, it takes a while before it "clicks", often several months, and I some cases a couple of years. That is what I am curious about.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After reading some of these threads I fully understand why Stan has removed himself from this forum. I have never understood why people who disagree need to constantly expel hate and discontent against someone who they disagree with.

The man is the real deal I know from first hand experience. I had PM him in the past with an issue I was having with CTE PRO 1 and he respond quickly and gave me some good advice on correcting the problem I was having.

Its a shame that this forum has lost Stan and the knowledge he has to offer. There are always people who need to make trouble where there isn't any, and you know who you are.

I just don't understand why this forums administrator allows this bantering back and forth. This isn't productive or meaningful to anyone, except for the people who just like to sh_t on someone. I would hope that the forums admin will re-think their position on this type of activity that's taking place here and put a stop to it.

If this continues to be how things are handled here I think I will join Stan and avoid this forum also.

If you had been paying attention, the administrator did address the problem, for example here:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=6000183&postcount=14

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The point is that Stan was not an innocent wallflower being unfairly treated by the big bad bullies. Mike didn't say I was taking advantage of the forum, just that I had made my point and to let it go, which I have done.

Let me help you with the links. When you find a link like #75 that you want to copy, find the little #75 on the upper right corner of the post. Click on it and it will pop up all by itself in a new window. Highlight the link in the address bar and then past that link into your post. That is what Tony did.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol. The reason I am analyzing it is because I am curious as to why I don't easily get it. If it were truly objective in every step then anyone with a decent stroke would pick it up white easily. But according to successful users, it takes a while before it "clicks", often several months, and I some cases a couple of years. That is what I am curious about.

That is curious. Me and most of my group picked up the basics from a 10 minute phone call to Hal. Makes one wonder how a guy as smart as you claim to be doesn't have the slightest clue how to use it. I mean just follow the objective instructions. What could be so hard about that. Then it takes a little time to work with. After all it is a complete playing system and not something you fiddle around with in practice but dont use in a match situation, like some other system on here.

PS i love how you overstate things

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The point is that Stan was not an innocent wallflower being unfairly treated by the big bad bullies. Mike didn't say I was taking advantage of the forum, just that I had made my point and to let it go, which I have done.

Let me help you with the links. When you find a link like #75 that you want to copy, find the little #75 on the upper right corner of the post. Click on it and it will pop up all by itself in a new window. Highlight the link in the address bar and then past that link into your post. That is what Tony did.

I think the real point was that YOU kept baiting and insulting people that no longer post here.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the real point was that YOU kept baiting and insulting people that no longer post here.

First of all, you don't get to decide what the point is in a conversation between another poster and me. Regarding your point... oh that's right, you don't have a point. Your purpose here is to rile things up and see if you can cloud the issues and maybe get one of us to lose our cool and get banned. I get it. Beiber keeps baiting me to see if I'll do something to get me banned as well. It's a charming tactic, but most of us are on to it. :p:p:p

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First of all, you don't get to decide what the point is in a conversation between another poster and me. Regarding your point... oh that's right, you don't have a point. Your purpose here is to rile things up and see if you can cloud the issues and maybe get one of us to lose our cool and get banned. I get it. Beiber keeps baiting me to see if I'll do something to get me banned as well. It's a charming tactic, but most of us are on to it. :p:p:p

Nice twist on reality. Right out of Rick's playbook. Mike's post to you was for you to stop baiting Stan. See you are still trying to do it though. Even after he left because of your bashing him at every turn. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.