Statement from The Legends of Pocket Billiards

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Screenshot from 2022-01-28 11-04-40.png

Ha... 'sad face' concession to the obvious reality of the Earl's actions..?

Where's my chicken dinner...?

kanzzo

hobby player
Psychology is a relatively new science seeking to understand the behavior of individuals and groups.

It's not perfect, so if you have new information to improve the existing models, they are more than welcome.

I didn't see Strickland give up on his 100+ runs if he happened to miss a position in the middle of the rack.

This was a run of 112:

This would be a way to continue the run according to existing rules:

Reactions: fjk

kanzzo

hobby player
... to the obvious reality of the Earl's actions..?
sorry, not obvious to me. Perhaps we have different brains and what's obvious to you isn't obvious to another human being.

But I am ok with paying you a spicy chicken with a dipping sauce 😋

I know Strickland to use his frustration to win matches in what is sometimes considered unsportmanlike way. Never saw him give up.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
IF there is a perfect repeatable racking system being used, that actually raises the odds of pocketing a ball from the 14 balls racked, as a last chance effort to continue the run, and if the rack is hit in certain spots causing certain balls to become playable, the only reason a player wouldn't shoot those shots is because they're unaware of them.

Corey's soft break and Sardo racks appeared at the same time, and Corey IS the ONLY player to ever win the US Open 9B event with a 13-0 final score.

But why bother having rules now, if you don't have the circus table to compete on anywhere else.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
IF there is a perfect repeatable racking system being used, that actually raises the odds of pocketing a ball from the 14 balls racked, as a last chance effort to continue the run, and if the rack is hit in certain spots causing certain balls to become playable, the only reason a player wouldn't shoot those shots is because they're unaware of them.

Corey's soft break and Sardo racks appeared at the same time, and Corey IS the ONLY player to ever win the US Open 9B event with a 13-0 final score.

But why bother having rules now, if you don't have the circus table to compete on anywhere else.
Mika had plenty of chances to get on the board during those finals. No doubt the break played a role, but Mika failed to capitalize on any of the opportunities he had.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quoting Schmidt that he'd feel sick to shoot a bank in a straight pool run.

Last one was the toughest to back up. I was lucky to find it this fast, where i did hear him say this.
It's been a number of years back kanzzoli, but I'm pretty certain John said the same thing during this expertly (and extremely instructive) voice-overed player review 366-ball run. He's a born teacher with a very friendly, sincere and listen-able presentation style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrPrRvPOUkA

As a volunteer instructor, I've recommended this video above all others to tons of my Beginner and Intermediate local 14.1 students, and they unfailingly mentioned how much they benefited from it. Helps even the Advanced players to tune up their skills. John's love of 14.1 is unmistakable and contagious in this one.

Arnaldo

Last edited:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was mistaken about the length of the race being to 13 in the finals, now tell me I'm also mistaken about the shut out score dip stick!!
I told you the other day I wasn't gonna call you a piece of shit anymore and I'm not.
Matter of fact, I now look forward to your replies, you ain't one to give up and I sorta admire that,
regardless of who it is. Carry on!

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was mistaken about the length of the race being to 13 in the finals, now tell me I'm also mistaken about the shut out score dip stick!!
You were 1-2. About your average. Lol. Haven’t heard dip stick in awhile, that was pretty funny.