Stolen Cues

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I lost my really nice 30-year-old freshly refurbished Meucci and two shafts this week. Sold it to an AZB member who paid immediately. I shipped it within 24 hours via USPS, and it disappeared. No activity on the tracking number, nothing. It's been five days now. I refunded the buyer and now I'm out the shipping costs, the entire value of the cue, and a lot of my time. This sucks but it appears that someone at the Post Office snagged it before it got scanned, even once. I have the pickup confirmation and video doorbell footage of the post office carrier picking up the tube but the Post Office says no scan, no proof.

Contact the USPIS (postal inspection service) and show them that video

They will drop a hammer pretty hard

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Update : after 6 days missing, the cue finally shows up on tracking. Interestingly, the USPS tracking report shows that it arrived in Fort Myers Florida two days before I shipped it from Chicago. Ultimately it did finally show up, 4 days late, but in the end, the buyer got his cue. I think USPS is not the best way to ship cues, particularly if the label shows that the package is insured.

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fb.PNG

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
One of my Scruggs walked off from a hall in Illinois when I took a piss break. Layed it on the table and when I came out, Gone!! Nobody saw nuthin!!
Local law enforcement acted like it was on me for coming there in the first place. Thot I was gonna get dragged in. Gave up my winnings and split.
Felt like a total coward afterwards, but a night in jail over there would've been bad news. East side of St L.
Never go back.

CuseFan559

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
One of my Scruggs walked off from a hall in Illinois when I took a piss break. Layed it on the table and when I came out, Gone!! Nobody saw nuthin!!
Local law enforcement acted like it was on me for coming there in the first place. Thot I was gonna get dragged in. Gave up my winnings and split.
Felt like a total coward afterwards, but a night in jail over there would've been bad news. East side of St L.
Never go back.

Sorry to hear that, do you have any photos?

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Sorry to hear that, do you have any photos?
No. I can only give a brief description... Gorgeous birdseye forearm w 4 point inlay, red/white w ebony centers. Cocabola on the butt piece. 59", 2 shafts w the long ivory ferrules. Chrome joint.
all wrapped up in a dark brown Fellini.
if Id've known the fellini was gonna be worth what they are now, I might've included it in the intial complaint.
I listed it as brown leather case. Shame on me!!!

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I keep a small tracking device hidden in my case. Not good if just the cue walks off.
Really good idea!!
My cue was older and didn't have the #s and all that engraved, that I know of. Just that lovely TS on the butt plate. Lol.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Stolen Cue..

There was a black soft case with a Tommy Migliorie (TNS Cues) in it. It was stolen last Wendesday from Felt pool hall in Denver, Co. If you have any info, please let me know.
6a1d071d8d57727b83b40487b5011cb3.jpg
5917f3dbc707500032d683f78a95e12b.jpg
753075bce22e88c0a7f87cbdedf9034c.jpg
52e34a3d7361261c3f417240b2cfd98a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Damn!! Nice Axe boss!!
Sad shit. Sad day. Bummer.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I have an old friend who has been playing for a very long time, goes every Friday to the same club as me, and one day after the game he left his cue on the table and went to the toilet, when he returned, there was no cue on the table. We thought it was someone's joke or that someone simply removed it because the cue was in the way. We started asking everyone if someone had seen a cue or someone with a cue. Nobody saw anyone. Later we went out into the street and saw this on the sidewalk near the club ...View attachment 558856

WHAT FOR:angry:😠😠
OMG!!! Sacrilege!!!
Envious assholes!!

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
my stolen cue

I recently had a one of a kind cue stolen and came across a player with it two months later. It was obvious that he had not stole the cue, and taking it back would have been as wrong as the person who stole it from me. I hadn't filed a police report, where I could have called the police and the cue would have been returned. So I bought it back for what he had into it, which was less than half of what it is worth. I had also bought two new cues. Every cue I buy from now on will have my name written inside the butt underneath the butt cap and I will file police reports on any cues stolen in the future.

Don't hesitate to file police reports!!!!
that is where I messed up.
Good idea in general, but many of the places I've played the cops are the last peeps you want showing up. Lol.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
EW08-0012Whole.jpg

I just learned that this cue, was recovered as lost in the mail and was sold in an auction of lost things... Wonder if they can't read the label on packages when they find them... 😠

This is soo shitty... It is the only custom cue I ever owned, and because of my stupidness, and trust in the postal service it was not insured. Typical that my first lost parcel EVER was so expensive. All this did was made me lose a lot of money.

I am told by Ronnie who build it, that the new owner is happy with the cue. A shame this does not comfort me :(
That sucks dude!! So does USPS. User Stupid Parcel Stealers!!
Late as hell as well.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Stolen Tim Scruggs cue

I sold this cue on eBay last week and sent it to the Buyer in Pleasant Hill Iowa. My Mail Center did not check the box, "Signature Required," even though I had specified I required one. The cue was delivered to the address, but the Buyer says he did not receive it and has checked with neighbors, etc. I'm hoping whoever stole the cue will try to sell it, pawn it, or play with it. I'm including a link to the eBay site, where pics are available. I'm hoping that if anyone in the Pleasant Hill/Des Moines area sees it, someone will contact me and let me know. I filed a report with the local Police, who have told me to contact them if/when I hear something.

Thanks in advance.

eBay page:http://bit.ly/juo2hY
Sounds fishy dude. I'd check back in about 6 mos if you haven't located it and I bet I know where you'll find it!!

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Stolen Tim Scruggs cue

I sold this cue on eBay last week and sent it to the Buyer in Pleasant Hill Iowa. My Mail Center did not check the box, "Signature Required," even though I had specified I required one. The cue was delivered to the address, but the Buyer says he did not receive it and has checked with neighbors, etc. I'm hoping whoever stole the cue will try to sell it, pawn it, or play with it. I'm including a link to the eBay site, where pics are available. I'm hoping that if anyone in the Pleasant Hill/Des Moines area sees it, someone will contact me and let me know. I filed a report with the local Police, who have told me to contact them if/when I hear something.

Thanks in advance.

eBay page:http://bit.ly/juo2hY
Sounds fishy dude. I'd check back in about 6 ms if you haven't located it and I bet I know where you'll find it!!
Tim Scrugs cue? That would be a hard one to lose
Still hurts to this day.
Some asshole out there has a beautiful 4 point ebony, ivory and cocobola Scruggs, dragging it around in my ol brown Fellini!!
Probly keeps it in his trunk!! Arrrgh.🤬😡

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Sounds fishy dude. I'd check back in about 6 ms if you haven't located it and I bet I know where you'll find it!!

Still hurts to this day.
Some asshole out there has a beautiful 4 point ebony, ivory and cocobola Scruggs, dragging it around in my ol brown Fellini!!
Probly keeps it in his trunk!! Arrrgh.🤬😡
Funny thing is, I was going in to buy another Joss or Joss West and the owner said " Try one of these. They're made by a guy named Scruggs and they hit like gold!!"
59" and 20 oz. of pure legend. You won't believe what I paid for her in '79.
Both shafts had those classic long-ass grainy Ivory ferrules Tim made famous. Birds Eye Maple forearm w so many 'eyes' it looked like somebody dinked it w a pellet gun!!!
I never looked back.
Damn thing had an 'Autopilot!!!' 🤣🤣
I miss that axe dearly.
She was my baby. 😭
Long shot, but If anybody runs across a red white and black Scruggs w 2 ivory shafts, chrome joint, possibly accompanied by a brown Fellini, please pm me!!!
I'll take it from there.

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Good idea in general, but many of the places I've played the cops are the last peeps you want showing up. Lol.
Part of the problem is positively identifying YOUR cue if it is recovered and proving it is yours. There is a company that makes a stamp called MicroMark ... it will stamp your name so small you can barely see it unless you know where it is and use a magnifying glass. Very good insurance for positively identifying your cue if and when it is recovered.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Part of the problem is positively identifying YOUR cue if it is recovered and proving it is yours. There is a company that makes a stamp called MicroMark ... it will stamp your name so small you can barely see it unless you know where it is and use a magnifying glass. Very good insurance for positively identifying your cue if and when it is recovered.
Thank you for that!!👍🏻