Stolen Cues

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
take your cue with you to the toilet???
I've thought about it JayB.
Usually I have somebody with me that looks out for my equipment. That trip I was by myself. I got a call saying a player I knew had come through town and was looking for some action, grabbed my axe and off I went!! It was a hall just across the river in illinois, so I figured I'd be okay. I'd been there before and the action was good, so...
Little did I know the place had a reputation for "if it wasn't tied down it disappeared". And like I said in my initial post, local law enforcement was a fricken joke!!
Granted, it was my fault for not keeping a watchful eye on my cue. That being said, I was raised right and taught to call the cops when shit went south that you couldn't deal w yourself.
It was either that, or burn that shit hole to the ground myself.
I chose the former and regretted it ever since.
I will never be able to replace that cue!!
Haven't had one that hit like that since. That thing had an Auto Pilot. Lol. I'd just point and shoot. It did the rest.
So many eyes in the forearm it followed you across the room!! Lol.😂 That classic 4 point inlay so popular on what we call classics nowadays, some of that elephant stuff and a gorgeous white, black and red motif. Hammer of the Gods, J.
Hammer of the Gods.
IDK if Bob made it, or Tim, but whoever did, had the perfect combo of woods, knowledge and equipment to turn out a world beater!!
I'd stack that bad boy up against any cue out there and dare you to tell me another hit better. Probably why they stole it!!
Even now I have to be careful when thinking about it or it's off to the races all over again and my day will be ruined.
I obsess over shit like that until it makes me ill. As you can probly tell by this reply. Only consulation I get is thinking she knew who her owner was and didn't perform for the thief like she did for me.
Atta Girl!!👍🏻😎
Don't call the guys in little white coats. They gave up on me years ago. Be a wasted trip for them and my insurance won't cover pre-existings. 🤣🤣

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
***Set of Jacoby Custom Cues in a JB Rugged Case with Red Stitching stolen in the Madison Wi area. PM if you see anything or call 608-358-2879 ASAP. Thx, Shooter08*** ***These are a close friends cues that were stolen****

1713301210506.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: bbb

SeniorTom

An individual approached me at the local pool hall with a bunch of high quality, top name sticks for sale at amazingly low prices. He is sort of suspect anyway with the type of person he is. It could be tempting to some, but after I thought the situation through, I didn't even consider purchasing one of them from him. It's really a shame having your cue stolen, it hasn't happened to me, but it must be very discouraging to say the least.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
An individual approached me at the local pool hall with a bunch of high quality, top name sticks for sale at amazingly low prices. He is sort of suspect anyway with the type of person he is. It could be tempting to some, but after I thought the situation through, I didn't even consider purchasing one of them from him. It's really a shame having your cue stolen, it hasn't happened to me, but it must be very discouraging to say the least.
Next time casually say don't have the cash on me, give me a number and I will give you a call, and get some pics. If the seller turns tail and is out of there, get the plate and call the cops.

SeniorTom

Next time casually say don't have the cash on me, give me a number and I will give you a call, and get some pics. If the seller turns tail and is out of there, get the plate and call the cops.
To be honest with you, even though what you say would be a great thing to do, with this type of individual I would be afraid of doing that. He is a scary individual who I wouldn't put much past him in retaliation. He is a big guy and I would suspect he could do an individual some serious harm up to and including.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
To be honest with you, even though what you say would be a great thing to do, with this type of individual I would be afraid of doing that. He is a scary individual who I wouldn't put much past him in retaliation. He is a big guy and I would suspect he could do an individual some serious harm up to and including.
I totally understand, don't put yourself in harms way for a cue. Some things are way more important than a piece of wood.

Reactions: bbb

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He posted that pic for a friend, that had them stolen. Those cues are pretty distinctive, might be able to get them back. Depends on how careful the thief is.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
***Set of Jacoby Custom Cues in a JB Rugged Case with Red Stitching stolen in the Madison Wi area. PM if you see anything or call 608-358-2879 ASAP. Thx, Shooter08***

View attachment 753928
Shooter that sucks!!!
Matched axes like that.
I hope whoever took those gets struck by lightning!!!
Did you happen to notice if there were any Scruggs among them??

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Shooter that sucks!!!
Matched axes like that.

And yes, it's very discouraging. There's a special attachment to your Axe if you truly love this game as myself and many others do.
Sacrilegious to snatch a man's cue. Doesn't matter if he's a league player, ball banger or road dawg, we all love our babies and are Crushed when they disappear.
Imo, it's not like having anything else of yours stolen. Sacred. A different animal altogether. At least for me.
I was, and still am on occasion, sick over it.
I'm serving cheese and crackers w this at 9:00.😂😭

SeniorTom

Shooter that sucks!!!
Matched axes like that.

Sorry, but no I did not. I just remember that that they were top brands (maybe lucasi, meucci) that looked like too good for the price.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Shooter that sucks!!!
Matched axes like that.

And yes, it's very discouraging. There's a special attachment to your Axe if you truly love this game as myself and many others do.
Sacrilegious to snatch a man's cue. Doesn't matter if he's a league player, ball banger or road dawg, we all love our babies and are Crushed when they disappear.
Imo, it's not like having anything else of yours stolen. Sacred. A different animal altogether. At least for me.
I was, and still am on occasion, sick over it.
I'm serving cheese and crackers w this at 9:00.😂😭
Sorry, but no I did not. I just remember that that they were top brands (maybe lucasi, meucci) that looked like too good for the price.
Kudos to you for walking away!! Not many would. They like to tell themselves they would, but...