Straight Pool: unofficial I think I just broke a hundred

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
I say it is unofficial because I have no idea how many racks I ran. I remember the first three because I usually get hung up in the third rack. I had run a couple of 40 somethings today before that then it was off to the races and I just went blank. Next thing I knew I was tired and had to go sit down. Then I remembered I hadn't missed a ball in a long time and I forgot to count so I made a point to start counting. I lost count at three racks again and went on till I got so tired it was hard to stand up and had to sit down again.

This time when I got out of the chair, I felt really heavy and it was an effort to walk back up to the table. I really didn't want to do this anymore but I was on the run of my life so I couldn't quit. Of course I never felt anywhere close to missing a ball then. No matter how my break shot went there would always be a carom or a dead one that would break the whole thing wide open then I would have to run it out again. I just got sick of running balls. I was glad when I finally got a bad break. I didn't try to fight through it. I just quit.

I have run back to back 60s before so I know what that feels like and this was way beyond that. Nothing like this has ever happened to me. It may just be a one off but if it happens again I will get a camera and try to capture some of it.

PS: shout out to Rob Saez. Thanks for the lesson. It appears to be working.

Hal2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats on the run. For me it is better to concentrate on the balls rather than count each ball.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good job! I love it when those type of things happen. Just don't make the mistake of trying to put a number on it. It's not really about the numbers, but the journey! If you start trying to put a number on it, it will eat at you that you can't put a correct number on it. Just be happy in the fact that you did it!

And, use that knowledge to believe in yourself that you CAN do it, and the next time will be easier!

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I say it is unofficial because I have no idea how many racks I ran. I remember the first three because I usually get hung up in the third rack. I had run a couple of 40 somethings today before that then it was off to the races and I just went blank. Next thing I knew I was tired and had to go sit down. Then I remembered I hadn't missed a ball in a long time and I forgot to count so I made a point to start counting. I lost count at three racks again and went on till I got so tired it was hard to stand up and had to sit down again.

This time when I got out of the chair, I felt really heavy and it was an effort to walk back up to the table. I really didn't want to do this anymore but I was on the run of my life so I couldn't quit. Of course I never felt anywhere close to missing a ball then. No matter how my break shot went there would always be a carom or a dead one that would break the whole thing wide open then I would have to run it out again. I just got sick of running balls. I was glad when I finally got a bad break. I didn't try to fight through it. I just quit.

I have run back to back 60s before so I know what that feels like and this was way beyond that. Nothing like this has ever happened to me. It may just be a one off but if it happens again I will get a camera and try to capture some of it.

PS: shout out to Rob Saez. Thanks for the lesson. It appears to be working.

congrats:thumbup:

i talked to rob a few weeks ago and he said he would be glad to work with me. just have not had the time lately to get with him.

your post has me wanting to make the time. :grin-square:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was practicing once and somebody said I think you just ran 3 racks.So this rail bird picks up the count at 45 and I finish with a 101.
So it could have been 125 or 90 or ??? I will never know.
All i know is it was bunch.
I once saw Jimmy Fusco practicing straight pool on a rather tight Gold Crown.A rail bird and me picked up the count and he ran 9 racks and missed.
When he was done we told him he had run 9 racks and he had no idea he did that.
He was in the zone.
I have zoned out playing straight pool by myself and realized I had run a few racks and picked up the count. But not knowing if the count was right to begin with did I run 60-70-80 who knows.I know that I've run a ton of 50s and 60's in competition when keeping score.
I always considered the above 101 my high run but it could have been a bit more or less.
I would like to think it was 527 but that may be pushing it a little :D

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
That's awesome. I have yet to crack the triple digits in 14.1. Who cares if it's official or unofficial - that's huge.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Great job anyway Chop. I couldn't have come close, even if I were dreaming it.

My pool dreams don't even go that high.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Great job anyway Chop. I couldn't have come close, even if I were dreaming it.

My pool dreams don't even go that high.

Dude, you got Magic Chalk, so wtf? You should be running 100's all day and twice on Sunday, c'mon Hog, you're making me look bad ;)