SugarTree

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Case.

Don't know if I ever showed this on AZ or not.

Did this case for Eric a few years ago and the only criteria was keep it simple, 1x2, one small pocket big enough for a piece of chalk and some money.

We had this piece of leather that I found with some interesting marks on it that are either some kind of brand or some sort of range marks. Range marks are scars that the skin has from barbed wire, insect bites, infections, falls, that sort of thing. Anyway these marks form the letters JB. So I had been holding onto it for a while waiting for the right project.

Knowing that Eric prefers to use wood with a lot of character and interesting character to it when the order came down the pipe to make him a case I immediately thought to use this leather.

So here it is. I think Eric was happy with it and I hope it gets used frequently.

sugartree-a-front.jpg

sugartree-c-lid.jpg

sugartree-d-pocket.jpg

sugartree-d-pocketinside.jpg

sugartree-e-jb.jpg

sugartree-f-bt.jpg

sugartree-g-bb.jpg

sugartree-h-interior.jpg

sugartree-i.JPG

Last edited:

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I use it a lot, buddy. It's an awesome case, exactly what I asked for. I asked John to make me a 1x2 the way he wanted to. All I wanted was the small pocket. I didn't ask for any specific leather or color. And I never nagged at him. When he gave me the case I was blown away. He picked leather as carefully as I pick wood. Perfect case for me. Natural leather, no stain or special adornment, simple design, and just enough flare to make it classy. Thanks, John.

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What, no joint protector pouch? :p

Very nice minimalist case. Just enough show when on the go.

Can I have one in bocote?

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
make me a couple exactly like it with no pouches at all

also a single for the gracio gambler cue with the joker in the gallery is a project only you can do
scott can do miracles with cues,it is fitting that i call on you for equal case 1x2

thanks for explaining how to load my cases,iwas all thumbs.
you are terrific with these cases

i really like the chas style

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
hey john, i've never seen this before. real nice and classy..you should barter for a "big cue" with Eric, i'll fly in to visit you every week just to use your cue :thumbup::thumbup:

paulybatz

"The Professor"
Silver Member
I really

I really like that briefcase natural leather!!!
Very very nice!!!

(JOHN we still need to finalize details of my case!!!)

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Wow! What is this, natural leather, oiled? So simple, so beautiful! The natural beauty of the materials, the lacing etc., this all beats "design" (even though it is). Speechless - well, almost… :thumbup:

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
Hey john that was a great case , but you left out the case has a jb brand on it .. at the bottom ...

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Hey john that was a great case , but you left out the case has a jb brand on it .. at the bottom ...

This is the one: missed it too at first - one has to look hard to see the imperfection in the leather. Maybe difficult to photograph? But definitely visible.

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
No, it has a half concealed button snap.:thumbup:

That's right but the male part is also recessed. We cut a hole to allow the female part of the snap to go into the leather and allow the lid to seat flush to the body.

You can just catch a glimpse of this in this image.

sugartree-h-interior.jpg

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I use it a lot, buddy. It's an awesome case, exactly what I asked for. I asked John to make me a 1x2 the way he wanted to. All I wanted was the small pocket. I didn't ask for any specific leather or color. And I never nagged at him. When he gave me the case I was blown away. He picked leather as carefully as I pick wood. Perfect case for me. Natural leather, no stain or special adornment, simple design, and just enough flare to make it classy. Thanks, John.

Thanks Eric,

I am really glad to hear that it gets used. I guess it was the right piece at the right time.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
make me a couple exactly like it with no pouches at all

also a single for the gracio gambler cue with the joker in the gallery is a project only you can do
scott can do miracles with cues,it is fitting that i call on you for equal case 1x2

thanks for explaining how to load my cases,iwas all thumbs.
you are terrific with these cases

i really like the chas style

Thanks Dean. Can you point me to pictures of the Gambler? I have seen the mouse one. Is that the one you are referring to?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Email sent to you (John) & Karen...

Got it Chris. Karen is checking the schedule and will respond shortly. Would be good if we can slip it into your other package and save some shipping.