Surprise surprise about about Pool in MSM.šŸ‘

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never really enjoyed trick shots. There's no denying that some of the stuff Venom does is AMAZING, but I'd rather watch an old accu-stats of Buddy vs Nick that I've seen 15 times than watch a new trick shot video.

Never even heard of the dude in the article.

This guy has competed before. He has done well in his video presentation and marketing himself. Yeah you would rather watch an old video of Buddy vs Nick but that doesn't draw. The casual fan, which outnumbers us diehard fans immensely, is what people need to get on board for anything to be big in pool. Trickshots bring in the casual fan and as long as the shots aren't too circus act, they bring in the die hard fans too, especially when they find out that these shots aren't as easy as they look. That is why Trickshot Magic always had higher ratings than regular pool on ESPN.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anything that gets people looking at a pool table Iā€™m behind and support. Florian is super super gifted and talented.

I enjoy his content as heā€™s also super cool guy who I met many many years ago-before he became as famous as now.

Heā€™s Fatboy Approved šŸ˜€šŸ’Ŗ

the recent videos of banks with no cloth on the cushions are super cool, the CB bites the cushions and all sorts of cool shots are possible that arenā€™t on a covered table. Fun to watch.

best
FatboyšŸ˜€

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This guy has competed before. He has done well in his video presentation and marketing himself. Yeah you would rather watch an old video of Buddy vs Nick but that doesn't draw. The casual fan, which outnumbers us diehard fans immensely, is what people need to get on board for anything to be big in pool. Trickshots bring in the casual fan and as long as the shots aren't too circus act, they bring in the die hard fans too, especially when they find out that these shots aren't as easy as they look. That is why Trickshot Magic always had higher ratings than regular pool on ESPN.
I'm sure it is a bigger draw, I just don't like it. If I'm being honest, I don't really get too excited for any pool videos.

MSchaffer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was a regular poster here at AZB when he was very young and just getting started. If I remember right, he posted as Eagletrickshots or something like that.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Will when MSM promotes people watch, could get interested in Pool.

Not ESPN, but still ok.šŸ¤£
If you had to pay $5.99 subscription, how many of those 2.5M followers would remain loyal? If the viewing is free, it has no value other than the one being watched, might just as well be on the the garbage channel YouTube!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
If you had to pay $5.99 subscription, how many of those 2.5M followers would remain loyal? If the viewing is free, it has no value other than the one being watched, might just as well be on the the garbage channel YouTube!

Value is in eyes of beholder. MSM did something good for Pool.

Your apprently upset because it did nothing to put šŸ’° in your pocket.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

He's priced right for you, cheap! Does nothing for pool, my cats entertain me as well. Take away silicone, fast cloth, and jump cues, where does that leave the trick shot artists today?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well opinions are like noses. Each of us have a nose.

Frugal is what I am, money donā€™t grown on trees.

Wife has a plant, it call a Money plant, never grow real dollar, or cents.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

What you never see is how many takes are never show to perform a trick shot, all you ever see is the final cut, and are wowed! 99% of the trick shot artists today couldn't win a Saturday night pool tournament at the local bar!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
What you never see is how many takes are never show to perform a trick shot, all you ever see is the final cut, and are wowed! 99% of the trick shot artists today couldn't win a Saturday night pool tournament at the local bar!

Well I understand editing, that is how you remove bad stuff, and show the good stuff.

Best writers even use professional editors.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well I understand editing, that is how you remove bad stuff, and show the good stuff.

Best writers even use professional editors.
Right, because if you had to sit through all the failed attempts to get the final shot recorded, even YOU would have tuned out early, not caring about the final take. But as its been said, small minds are easily entertained!!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe 2-3% would pay. The other 97-98% woii you ld watch something else. Florian is a great showman and I enjoy his content. But Iā€™m not paying a sub fee to watch him. Sure his content is edited. But lots of shots are first attempts. Like live shows

If there was money in it, Florian could easily switch to Twitch and monetize his content and get paid directly from his subscribers on Twitch. Would take him 30 minutes to set up a account and his cameras at home and do shows. Long form shows on his own time schedule without any red tape. Twitch has been doing that for years with video gamers, poker players, chess why not pool?

Itā€™s a very normal trade practice and affords content creators to ā€œsellā€ their show directly to their audience. Thereā€™s different pricing tiers as well. Itā€™s billed monthly with no contractual obligations to either side-performer or viewer.

Paid subscriptions and paywalls are a tough biz. Ask PokerGO how that working out. They are owned by a guy with a B or close to it. Itā€™s a side gig of his-he likes poker. We have the same doctor in Vegas whom we are both friends with. That how I know. Knowing principals and not reading about things is my source of information. Like in pool-I know a few people.

Who ya know, not what you know. I know ya heard that before. ;)

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Maybe 2-3% would pay. The other 97-98% woii you ld watch something else. Florian is a great showman and I enjoy his content. But Iā€™m not paying a sub fee to watch him. Sure his content is edited. But lots of shots are first attempts. Like live shows

If there was money in it, Florian could easily switch to Twitch and monetize his content and get paid directly from his subscribers on Twitch. Would take him 30 minutes to set up a account and his cameras at home and do shows. Long form shows on his own time schedule without any red tape. Twitch has been doing that for years with video gamers, poker players, chess why not pool?

Itā€™s a very normal trade practice and affords content creators to ā€œsellā€ their show directly to their audience. Thereā€™s different pricing tiers as well. Itā€™s billed monthly with no contractual obligations to either side-performer or viewer.

Paid subscriptions and paywalls are a tough biz. Ask PokerGO how that working out. They are owned by a guy with a B or close to it. Itā€™s a side gig of his-he likes poker. We have the same doctor in Vegas whom we are both friends with. That how I know. Knowing principals and not reading about things is my source of information. Like in pool-I know a few people.

You are right about who you know, and using opportunities when you handed one.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

True that!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are right about who you know, and using opportunities when you handed one.
Position is almost everything. Being respected is another big piece of the puzzle.

When you are respected by the right people then the rubber hits the road and the magic happens. Until such time its theory, chatter and white noise. Nothing happens.

Any successful biz requires knowing the right people, having their respect and money. Along with a viable idea. Not a extrapolation of theoretical math going out to the Nth degree chasing whatā€™s called terminal revenue in business. Thatā€™s theory not reality. It actually discredits and can undermine a plan because itā€™s just too speculative and biz people can sniff that out a mile away.

I didnā€™t know this until 20 years ago-Iā€™m 54. I didnā€™t know how many ā€œbiz-opā€™sā€ you see after you have made some money in life. Everyone has their idea and magically my money to yield the next billion dollar biz. I see 3-10 of them a week, more when the economy is good like it is currently.

Funny thing when I knew I had the formula that would make me a ton of $, I didnā€™t tell ANYONE what it was, didnā€™t want anyone to steal it and I certainly didnā€™t want to dilute my interest by selling out a piece of it. So I kept all the money. Not every idea can be pulled off by one person, thatā€™s just my story.