SVB vs Weng Up Next - Ultimate 10b - Wed 6pm est

holland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
7-1, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Edit: 8-1 now. Wow, SVB cannot get any momentum at all.

Last edited:

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Wow. Just.........wow. 19 years old, he has no idea how good he really is. Now I guess everybody's gonna start leaning away from cut shots on the last stroke??:eek:

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chat room needs some perspective. This DOES NOT make this kid the best in the world. I've beaten champions that I wouldn't bet them a dime in a tourney. Skunked much better players than I. Some times you get the rolls, sometimes you don't. I'm sure this kid would not want to get into a long race with Shane. He needs to enjoy it and focus on what he's doing, cuz he may be playing Shane again tomorrow.

holland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10-2, and out. SVB played bad. Wang played good, but left openings that SVB couldn't capitalize on.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
10-2....stunned silence from the railbirds. Gotta say I haven't seen something like that since Landon Shuffett tortured Earl on a 10 footer a short while back. :)

okrad1337

Registered
Chat room needs some perspective. This DOES NOT make this kid the best in the world. I've beaten champions that I wouldn't bet them a dime in a tourney. Skunked much better players than I. Some times you get the rolls, sometimes you don't. I'm sure this kid would not want to get into a long race with Shane. He needs to enjoy it and focus on what he's doing, cuz he may be playing Shane again tomorrow.

Maybe it just means that Shane isn't the best in the world...i mean he's a great great player...but the american/AZB'ers nuthugging/fairytale is a bit over the top imho..not directed at you personally..lots of taiwanese+chinese great players, even Darren...

Probably it means nothing at all...i'm just enjoying this tournament with such a tough field...couple of names missing, for me atleast, to make it perfect..

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe it just means that Shane isn't the best in the world...i mean he's a great great player...but the american/AZB'ers nuthugging/fairytale is a bit over the top imho..not directed at you personally..lots of taiwanese+chinese great players, even Darren...

Probably it means nothing at all...i'm just enjoying this tournament with such a tough field...couple of names missing, for me atleast, to make it perfect..

I'm with ya Okrad. One Tar match, one tourney match, one tourney. None of that makes you best in the world. The world rankings don't do it for me either since not all tourney's count. It's all a subjective thing that makes the world a beautiful place and the reasons forums exist at all.

The kid played great. Hats off to em and I hope he has a great career. I always like to root for the up and comers to help the game grow. I loved Landon's demolition of Earl last year. Doesn't make Landon the best. Just was great pool.

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
Sometimes I think Shane could win 99 tournaments out of 100, and as soon as he lost one, some people would feel the need to criticize.

Tough crowd :winknudge:

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of people like to see the top of anything fail. I enjoy rooting for an underdog, but an underdog winning does not change the rankings of the world in one match. If Can or any other kid, comes on the scene and continues to do it, they will take their place near the top. I love SVB and his game. But I enjoy watching great pool. The kid played great, but he also got some rolls.

This win does not make him the best, nor does it make him a certain winner in his next match, or his next match against SVB, no matter when that is.

TheConArtist

Daddy's A Butcher
Silver Member
Sometimes I think Shane could win 99 tournaments out of 100, and as soon as he lost one, some people would feel the need to criticize.

Tough crowd :winknudge:

Reminds me the movie called Friday when Smokey has his line except it goes like this

"When Shane wins ill be quiet, but when he loses ill be talking again.."

Foolio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reminds me the movie called Friday when Smokey has his line except it goes like this

"When Shane wins ill be quiet, but when he loses ill be talking again.."

Playing with Shane's titles, is like playing with his emotions.

At least he didn't get fired on his day off! :)

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Can Wang is a very good player! He won the match 10-2 against Shane.

James

I've seen Grady beat Buddy Hall 11/0, I've seen the same happen to Varner....its ONLY one match. Table layouts have beaten the best in the world Many times.