Taom Chalk

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sucker born every minuet but not concerning this new chalk. Gotta say after more that 50years of using Masters chalk I am amazed with the new Taom
V10 product enough that I ain't looking back. I received the stuff a few days ago and before play, I cleaned the table a couple of times. Vacuumed , then damp
cloth wipe down and let dry for a few hours. Used the polish compound to clean the balls and them micro towel finishing. After about 4 hours of play , my hands
were cleaner than I had ever seen. My table played so smooth , it was like playing on glass. Had to back to back runs over 50 balls and was well pleased with
how the table played. There was a small bit of grime where I lay down my bridge hand, but after cleaning the table a couple more times the hands are clean.
Seemed like the cue ball drew better than before also. The 860 HR is a bit coarser than regular 860 , making draw a bit tougher.
The chalk goes on like a paste and doesn't have crystal like particles falling from the chalk , like the Masters does. I have played many years and at a speed
at one time that some thought was exceptional . This chalk is exceptional , and expensive, yep, but figure that after the cleaning that you do for the table, and then not having to do that as much this chalk may save money, and the playing surface plays like glass afterwards. Have played about 20 hours since receiving
the product and the chalk looks like it is still new.
My 2 cents issued

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm also a recent convert. Dittos to all your points. I haven't cleaned my table after two weeks of heavy use and my bridge fingers are still clean. I had been using the Pyro for several weeks before I could get a hold of the V10 and couldn't imagine any improvement as the Pyro outperformed every chalk I had ever used. But the V10 takes the cake. There were a lot of happy campers when I dumped all my old chalk - Masters, Predator, Navigator, et al, at my pool hall.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
What color is your table cloth? How does Toam look on the tourney blue? The Sky Blue Masters matches so well you can't see it on the cltoh, but definitely on the bridge hand palm, even with a "clean" table.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently tried the Taom V10 chalk and my only complaint is I wish it was a cube instead of round--not a big deal. Other than that I like the chalk a lot. I bought 9pcs from Taom to bring the total cost per pc down.
Your opinion on pool means a lot to me and thanks for sharing.
I told Tommy Hill to contact you about a leather wrap he wants.
You have the best selection of wraps around just like with cues.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
At my poolroom all players are changing from what ever they usually use to Taom V10.
Best chalk I ever tried.
thats great to see, at mine i dont think people will ever stop over chalking like crazy with very messy stuff.
turning the red measle ball to a blue measle

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
it doesnt hold well on a white diamond break tip,
but it does hold well on a bakelite phenolic break tip
go figure

stays on my lepro like it was painted on almost, its worth the money

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently tried the Taom V10 chalk and my only complaint is I wish it was a cube instead of round--not a big deal. Other than that I like the chalk a lot. I bought 9pcs from Taom to bring the total cost per pc down.
I actually switched to Taom from russian magic just because its round. I keep the chalk in my pocket when I play and the smaller round cube seems to come out of my pocket easier than the cubes. I still use Russian magic on my home table because it stays on the rail. I consider it a cost compromise because I have a couple casual pool players that play on my table and would lose the taom chalk.

Hoogaar

Registered
I actually switched to Taom from russian magic just because its round. I keep the chalk in my pocket when I play and the smaller round cube seems to come out of my pocket easier than the cubes. I still use Russian magic on my home table because it stays on the rail. I consider it a cost compromise because I have a couple casual pool players that play on my table and would lose the taom chalk.
Had the same problem (have a GC V knock off table with rounded rails). I ended up getting a Roku chalk holder, it fits well and doesn't slide off the table.

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
taom doesnt reach the cloth
The above is what I'm thinking as well. Back in the day Masters had a lead filler in the chalk that laid down a smooth layer on the tip surface. The Masters to day with out the lead is different to the degree that when using it, there are small particles of the chalk breaking off the cube when applying to the tip. You don't notice it so much, but it's happening. I would be playing and see a small particles of chalk laying on the cloth and be picking to get the stuff off. Well over time more and more of those particles get embedded into the cloth and makes it hard to clean. The Taom chalk is more like a paste. I don't know what they are using for a filler but it's doing the job and there are no particles of Toam laying around like the Masters would. My 860 HR cloth is the Dark Green and was ordered back when they had that as an option. When playing now there may be a place where the newly chalked tip might leave a puff mark on the cloth after striking the cue ball and against the dark green it leaves a goldish color on the cloth. Masters did the same thing but in a blue color and more of it.
Couple of other things I have noticed, when there was a partial part of an object ball laying out from an obstructing ball I could apply English and throw the ball into a pocket. You can still do this with the new chalk, but the throw is much less than before, so some might go and ones that you always had no trouble with might not now.
When I cleaned the balls up over the weekend, they are still nice and clean , and after 4 days of play, there are NO Chalk Marks On The Cue Ball
none notta one.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Taom is great except it's round.
I had a leather chalk holder laying around similar to this,
it doesn't roll far, only about 3 or 4 foot, which'll put it under dead center of the table.

Greg M

How does it compare to the green 2.0? I'm thinking of picking some up for my English pool cue.